Review Highlights
A most tranquil and spiritual place

Reviewed October 9, 2018
ScouseEclecticDiner
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Serene

Reviewed September 22, 2018
vikasrjain
Vancouver, Canada

All reviews vegetarian restaurant incense sticks main hall golden buddha chinese garden tranquil place walked around definitely worth the trip wonderful garden open to the public nice treat peace and tranquility couple of hours gift shop statues donation worship
Reviewed 1 week ago

I've always felt welcome whenever I visit the temple and grounds. Photography is discouraged. One can easily devote 2 to 3 hours discovering the many faucets of the lands and premises.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The temple very clean and the atmosphere was calm.

Just becareful at the "gift" shop. All proceeds go to the temple however, they will provide false or incorrect information to make a sale. Bring a friend that can read chinese and you will be fine.

Because of the unscrupulous practice and feeling duped, I will not be returning.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

This was an impromptu visit on my last day in Canada. I'm so glad I went. I felt completely at peace in this beautiful place of worship.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Beautiful and serene temple. as expected from a Buddhist temple. Worth taking a detour for short visit if in/around Richmond area.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

While staying at the floating home at the Canoe pass inn we visited the International Buddhist Society property .It.is an amazing place to see be transported to China to see the most wonderful buildings and Temple .You don’t have to a Buddhist to enjoy the calm relaxing place that it is .The staff are so Welcoming ,the architecture is unbelievable to think this is in Canada .A well worthwhile trip .

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

The temple is very traditional and lots of decorations
Lots of parking spaces a nice fish pond with a life extended bridge lots of picturing angle
I would recommend strongly to visit

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Quiet, lovely, gracious. A beautiful peaceful place where people can meditate, walk in the gardens or join in for the lunch.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

If you are having a hectic time in your life, a visit to the Buddhist Temple and gardens on Steveston Highway will bring you some serenity. A real oasis in the middle of Metro Vancouver. Such a special place...

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Everyone is so friendly and as long as you respect people that are praying and don't take pictures inside, you are fine. We visited this site and it is amazing; like visiting China. Since we liked it so much we had out wedding photos here (the Buddhists that run it don''t have a problem as long as you follow the first two notes) and they turned out extremely well.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Good friends treated me to lunch at the Taste of Zen. The welcome into the restaurant was a little brusk. Our server, who also said she needed to cook our food, was delightful. It is important to note that each person must spend a minimum of $18 here and they are very strict. The food was very good. Also be aware that the air conditioning was high and we were cold so bring a light jacket. They were very kind and gave the elderly woman with us a vest to wear. The restaurant atmosphere itself is humble as you would expect.

The area outside the temple is beautiful with fountains, ponds and areas of worship. Inside the temple is very beautiful. There are various halls/rooms such as the Thousand Buddha Hall; most of these were closed. I would like to go back to have a tour to learn more. You need to book tours online. Our senses were heightened with all the marvellous sights and scents of incense. One drawback is the noise of the traffic from the busy Steveston Hwy.

I also look forward to going back to participate in a Saturday meditation.