“It's the people”

Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is an old run down hotel. Getting a bargain price on line and then being billed for $125.00 initially (because I was going to run out without paying?) with a curt explanation didn't sit well. I'm the age of a grandmother for heaven sakes! Get rid of your ratty bed spreads and go to white "launderable" spreads. The employee at breakfast was helpful, pleasant and efficient, and the feeling among the other employees was warm and congenial, but the late shuttle and the front desk indifference and lack of information will leave me finding another hotel. Give the lady at breakfast a raise! I can't fill out the questions about service because it varied so much. I would give the lady in the breakfast room and excellent, whereas, the desk a poor rating.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Her T
ramadayvr_12, General Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

We are sorry you did not have a positive experience. Most hotels pre-authorize guests credit cards to cover their stay and incidentals. When the guest checks out, the card is charged for the amount and the rest is released. It was not our intention to make you feel like we thought you would run away. It is good to know that you were happy with the breakfast service and you found our employees warm and congenial. We will try and retrain some front desk people.
Your recommendation to change to white laundry has been taken into consideration. In the next few weeks, all our beds will have white triple sheeting with duvets.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I booked this hotel online so I didn't see the room. It is a very low class type room. The rugs were dirty, walls dirty and need a good paint job, everything about this place made me feel uneasy. I wouldn't be surprised that they have bed bugs. I arrived late at night so I had no choice but to stay. I will never stay again!

Room Tip: Check the room out first before you book it as I am sure you will not want to stay here. It is dark...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry that you were not happy with your stay and we will try and do better. In regards to your comments about bed bugs, I would like to assure you that is something we take very seriously. A national pest control company has for many years a contract with our hotel to monitor any bedbug activity and to date we have had no incidents..

Reviewed January 3, 2014

All was gd and staff like Benny, Patrick were helpful and courteous. Room was clean and breakfast was adequate except wished they had wafers daily. Servers were warm n friendly.On my checkout day a matured Filipiino lady around 35yrs GRUMPILY answered me in a can't b bothered rude attitude "IT IS NOT MY CONCERN BUT MANAGEMENT IF THERE IS A BAD REVIEW ON THE HOTEL, i only looked after my job at this desk"??? She said it in a FEDUP manner as if I m causing trouble when I told her our family enjoyed our stay and we were not disturbed by the bad review that the hotel had from the disco noise. It would be good if she brought it up to the Management's attention. Because of that bad review we moved to Robson Street and it costs us C$40 whereas we could enjoy t free shuttle to the airport. After my return the travel agent wrote to the GM but he/she seems to condone her discourteous behaviour as I didnt receive any reply. Front desk is the image of the hotel and Ramada's logo on their rm card is CHECK IN AND LEAVE THE REST TO US??? Other hoteliers were appalled when this bad incident was shared and when they heard it is RAMADA all shooked their heads. It is a pity she is a BAD ASSET to the hotel, worst still she is still employed and not counselled by Management for her disrespect to hotel guests and Quality Inn is just next door.

Room Tip: Rooms behind near the back parking lot is quiet no disco noise was heard during our stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We are happy to know that you liked the service and you were happy with your room and most of the staff. We have had a discussion with the desk clerk who was rude to you.
We sincerely apologize to you.

Reviewed December 28, 2013