“Ramada Richmond”

Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall the stay was good as I had a good nights sleep and that is still the most important of an hotel. Although the hotel is staring to show some age and might be modernised in a short period of time. The toilet floated twice and that should not happen. check out take to long as there was only one person at the desk and he was solving a problem. The temperature in the hotel was way to high to be comfortable. We did get a good advice on were to have dinner from the lady behind the desk on friday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for two nites (sep 18 and 19, 2012). I booked it thinking that it was a Ramada. The hotel is just filty. The carpets are old and stained. The whole place smells like a hospital. The bathroom was nasty. The shower was clogged. I had to pull a ball of hair mixed with all other nasty stuff, with my fingers, from the shower drain to be able to take a shower. I wish I had taken a picture. The breakfast is poor. Parking insufficient. I stayed in many hotels over 2 weeks, but this was the nastiest of them all. The only postive thing about this hotel was that the ladies from the care-talking crew were super nice. Please pay a few more dollars and stay elsewhere in peace.

Room Tip: This is a shame to the Ramada name plate. Trust me!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is clean, comfortable and quiet. If you're passing through and need a place to stay close to the airport this is the place. They have a free shuttle every half hour which takes you right to domestic or international departures, plus they have very reasonable prices. Continental breakfast is included!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The room was priced well but when we arrived, the elevator had a musty odor, the hallway smelled of smoke and the room had an unaired smell to it. The bathroom had mold spots and the carpet had patches of stains on it. We forgot some staples and asked the front desk for toothbrush, toothpaste, razor and shaving cream and was told they were out but there is a store a few blocks down that I can go to purchase these. The breakfast area was packed when I came down the following morning at 9:15 am, there were no eggs or bacon just Costco muffins, sliced bread and croissants, there was no yogurt or cereal. There was a long line for waffles but since there were no eggs or bacon, it wasn't at all appealing. If there were any fruit, they didn't replenish it. This was my first visit to Canada and it wasn't turning out to be a good one. The hotels over the border like holiday inn express offered a better breakfast and room for the same price.

Room Tip: Ask if this property has been renovated and how long ago.
1  Thank kirei
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is located a 5-10 minute free shuttle bus ride from Vancouver Airport. Our shuttle bus driver was very friendly and answered a lot of questions we had. This hotel is in a great location. Directly across the road is an Irish Bar - Canada does not do happy hour, but this bar does wings, swings and $5 pints on a Wednesday evening - worth checking out.

The hotel continental breakfast is good - the staff are very friendly. Our room was a little small - we had a king size bed. For the price, we were very happy.

The train station is a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. The train trip to Waterfront is 15-20 minutes. Canada Place is at Waterfront and that is where most tours leave from eg Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Hop-on hop-off bus etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Convenient location to shopping and the airport. Lovely park behind the hotel. Rooms are adequate size. Bathroom light annoying with delay and flickering. We have stayed here many times. The rooms are usually clean, the underground parking is clean and well lit, the breakfasts used to be better but the lady in the breakfast room is very delightful. Styrofoam cups are not acceptable so we take our cups from the room to breakfast.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

When we first arrived, it was dark, and there was no clear spot to park to check in. We wound up heading to the underground parking, but realized we needed a room key to get in, so we circled back around and found that there were two 15 minute spots on the side of the building. Staff at the front desk told us the parking was full underground, but he said he would direct us to a spot underground that we could park for the night, which we greatly appreciated.

My first impression of the hotel was that it was old but passable. The lights in the bathroom flickered when turning on and hummed loudly the entire time they were lit. The tub had a dip in the middle, so water did not fully drain after a shower and remained sitting in the tub.

However, I soon realized that the hotel was unacceptable. The room had the odor of cleaning solution when we entered, but over night, while we were sleeping, I started smelling a strong odor of cigarette smoke. Initially, I thought that perhaps a neighboring room was smoking. However, I realized that the smell must be coming from the mattress in our room. I bring my own pillow (memory foam) when I travel, and even after we left the Ramada - we stayed only one night - my pillow still smelled strongly for cigarette smoke. Also, my pajamas also smelled for smoke, and they made my luggage smell for smoke, though not as strongly as my pillow. I am quite sensitive to cigarette smoke, and woke up congested. The congestion lasted for about 1-2 days and then went away (It wasn't a cold). I'm not 100% sure that it was a mattress from a smoking room, but I don't know where else the smell in the room could have come from. Neither my husband or I smoke.

We originally had reservations to stay at this Ramada again on the night before leaving Vancouver for the easy access to the airport. However, after this experience, we will not be staying there again, and we have canceled our reservation.

1  Thank HikingGirl_8