“Good hotel for a good price”

Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Mississauga, Canada
“Good hotel for a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed there 4 nights. Suite with king bed on 2nd floor facing the park in the back. Location was very close to the airport and close to shopping and restaurants within Richmond.

Pros:
Free breakfast served daily from 6:30 AM - 10 AM. It was decent - croissants, scrambled eggs, toast, tea/coffee and juices.
Free underground parking.
Had 99 tv channels with a laminate listing provided.

Cons:
Could hear people in the hallway.
The AC/heater unit did not seem to work. Tried to use the AC with the fan set to "hi" and it would turn on for 2 minutes before turning off for 15 minutes. So it really did not cool the room at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ABGWABG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hythe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I cannot fault this hotel for their level of cleanliness. It was immaculate. The room was a decent size with a king size bed and I got the room with a balcony. Good selection of TV channels, hairdryer in bathroom and coffee maker in room. Toiletries and a fridge were also present. The crunch however came with the complimentary breakfast. It was abysmal. Styrofoam plates and cups, plastic cutlery and a tiny room. There was one woman there who was extremely helpful and made your toast and brought you coffee. 2 types of cereal, croissant, 2 types of muffins, 1 hot choice which today was waffles and toast with either butter, peanut butter or strawberry jam. That was it! Oh and some fresh fruit if you wanted. I was very, very disappointed and took a walk to see if I could find somewhere else to eat. I would have liked to see some yogurt and/or some cold cuts and cheese. Everything there had refined flour and refined wheat in it and is unpalatable to me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JULIA_9036
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We arrived YVR at 9:30 pm and were leaving earlly the next morning, so looking for something with easy access to/from the airport at reasonable prices. This fit that bill. It's definitely a budget type hotel, but it's clean, has shuttle service to/from the airport and the staff was very pleasant.

Our room was small and on the ground floor so we didn't open curtains or windows - that was a downside. The bed was too hard for us. Other rooms appear to have step-out balconies.

The shuttle driver from the airport to the hotel was very friendly and provided us with a good suggeston for a late night snack - across the street @ Ceili's Irish Pub (a little loud, but good food and cold beer!), We had the breakfast buffet in the morning nothing too special - scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins, toast and fruit. The woman who was the buffet attendant that morning was very helpful - to us and those around us.

There's lots around the hotel if you were staying longer - close to shopping, restaurants, a nice park (Minoru Park I think) behind the hotel.

For an overnighter, it's a good deal - we paid about $90 for the night for 2 of us - and that included breakfast and the shuttle to/from airport. Good deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Prairieschooner2
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Re: Unsuitable for business travellers.

Since writing the above captioned review, I have returned to the hotel a number of times having been promptly encouraged by the hotel's manager that he had ordered the hotel's Internet Service Provider to fix the Internet connection/accessibility problem contributing to my earlier review. The manager has held true to his word and the Internet is now fully accessible on all floors. Kudo's to management for fixing the Internet service which, regrettably for all of us, is now an essential service. I strongly echo other reviewers who advise that the staff are very welcoming and helpful and the hotel is clean and quiet. Also, the hotel is very conveniently located within a short walk to the light rail line going into downtown Vancouver and there is a convenient shuttle to YVR. All-in-all, now good value for both liesure and business travellers.

Room Tip: Are you kidding - I'd have to compete for my best choices :-)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank PDC_809
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

My son and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was fairly clean and well kept but needs updating. The two double-bed room was small. The breakfast was sparse with liquid scrambled eggs, toast (no bagels), coffee, juice, hot and cold cereal. The airport shuttle was convenient and it was located within walking distance of the Richmond oval, restaurants and a mall.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KNS1992
Mont Tremblant, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the way to a ski holiday at Whistler, and on our return before flying home. The hotel is conveniently located for such a lay-over. The complimentary shuttle bus between the Vancouver Airport and the hotel arrived within 15 minutes of calling the hotel from the courtesy phone. The drivers were courteous and helpful. On this note, on our return trip from Whistler to the hotel, I left my backpack on the shuttle bus. It contained my ski gear and my camera. I only noticed that the pack was missing just before boarding the plane to return home. After an anxious call to the front desk of the Ramada, the staff went into action to find my backpack. The shuttle driver found it and returned it to the hotel. The hotel staff then mailed it to my home! These random acts of kindness should not go unnoticed! If you choose to stay at this hotel, you should be pleased with the cleanliness, the convenience, and the pleasant staff that help you- even in the self-serve, continental buffet breakfast eating area.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of ski gear. e.g. skis, ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Prest0s
ramadayvr_12, Manager at Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
It was a pleasure to read your comments which I passed on to our staff as well the the shuttle Company and the driver who located your lost back pack.
I was happy to learn that you were also pleased with the service you received at our
breakfast.
Also glad to learn your lost back pack arrived safely. It comments such as yours that motivates
our staff to continue in their efforts to improve our service to all our guests.

general manager
Phian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I only stayed one night, in one evening and out early next morning so didn't use many facilities but found the staff I met welcoming and helpful.
The hotel was scrupulously clean, the room was quiet and everything worked just as it should. Next time I need a hotel at YVR, I will definitely use this one again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo