“Ramada Inn and Children”

Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
“Ramada Inn and Children”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I were travelling with our kids that are three and one. We picked this hotel because we wanted to stay close to downtown Vancouver. The hotel site said that the rooms included a refrigerator and microwave which we needed for the kids milk and snacks. Although the rooms had a refrigerator we had to go down to the main lobby to use the microwave in the dining area. We also woke up in the middle of the night because the AC unit caused the firealarms to go off. When we called down to the front desk we were informed that this was a known issue but we were not cautioned. They did not offer to move us eventhough the room did not have windows and it stunk like burned cables, and we had small children in the room. We had to ask to be moved and we were charged to move. That being said the location was good. We walked two blocks to the local mall. There is a great park directly behind the hotel with rabbits, ducks beautiful plants and of course slides and swings for our young kids. There is also a Safeway about two miles away. Another thing we should point out is that the location is a bit weird as it sits in what should be the fourth corner of the intersection. When you are coming in it isn't an issue but leaving becomes confusing because we didn't have a light we had to watch the traffic to know when we could legally cross the intersection. We should also point out that the breakfast was quite limited even for a continental breakfast. They had cereal (only cornflakes), toast and waffles. You couldn't prepare anything. There was someone there serving you coffee and making the waffles. Which means if you wanted a waffle you could wait up to ten minuetes while everyone elses waffles were made. Not good if you are in a hurry or have hungry kids with you. Even getting juice was an issue as it was served not self service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Easy to access by shuttle from/to Vancouver airport every 30 mins.
Good location.
Rooms were adequate for an overnight stay --quiet, clean & comfortable.
About 10 min. walk to Richmond Mall with shops & restaurants.
Also rail station to downtown Vancouver -- takes 30 mins. $3.75 for 1.5 hrs
Good meal at Greek restaurant next door to Hotel
Good breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel was clean, spacious rooms, and a quick jump to the airport. Also a good location close to the sky train that allowed us to travel back into town to visit the Aquarium. Staff was friendly. Recommend for stay before flying out of town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Good clean room. Breakfast very good, set us up for our journey. Staff very efficient. Free airport transfer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Downtown hotels in Vancouver are generally pricey so we decided to give the airport Ramada a try. We're glad we did. They offer a free airport shuttle. We had a rental so we took the very short drive and used their free underground parking. We arrived late and took one of the few remaining spots. I'm not sure if they have alternate parking once the garage fills up. The room was simple but clean and comfortable. The free in-room wifi internet worked well. The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory. It's nothing fancy, eggs or waffles and other standard breakfast food. A 10 minute walk to the Skytrain which gets you downtown in 20 minutes. This hotel has a beautiful park behind it. There are also several stores and restaurants within walking distance. Overall, the Ramada is an excellent value for those looking for a bargain Vancouver vacation.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I seriously like this hotel. I have stayed here a handful of times and I have never been unhappy. Safe parking under the hotel. Clean, pretty rooms. Richmond is very close to Vancouver and the airport so it's great if you are flying out or hanging around Vancouver for a few days. Breakfast is a little scant but it's free. Can't go wrong with a bran muffin and sometimes they have eggs. Also, they have a water cooler in the lobby. Awesome to fill your bottle with clean cold water before bed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Arkansas
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Free airport shuttle with breakfast was the main reason for choosing this hotel with my limited budget for not wanting to spend more than US$100 for an overnight stay alone. Make sure you tell the driver that you are going to the Ramada hotel on Richmond. I believe the Ramada Airport Shuttle van goes to another location too.

The hotel lobby looks a little old and rundown, but the staff were very accommodating and helpful. I arrived around 11am, and since there was no available room yet, they offered to keep my 2 luggage while I go grab lunch and shopped at the nearby mall.

When I came back around 12.30pm, the front desk personnel gave me my keycard to my room on the 2nd floor, and as I was traveling alone with 2 huge bags, one of the staff who appears to be the maintenance person kindly helped me wheel one of my bags.

The room was clean with all the basic amenities. Even though the comforter on the bed looked lumpy, it did keep me warm in the chilly weather of Vancouver around 65 degrees at that time. The room was furnished with a large flat screen TV, coffee pot, iron, hairdryer, and the usual toiletries.

Complimentary breakfast was adequate - OJ, coffee/tea, scrambled eggs, muffins, toast, cereals, etc.

There is a large shopping mall nearby, about 2 to 3 blocks away, which took me about 10-15 minutes to walk to.Inside the mall is a food court, with lots of chain stores. I also walked to the nearby subway station from the mall to travel downtown for some sightseeing.

Overall, I would stay here again for its value, convenience and service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo