“good hotel”

Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is minutes away from the new "China Town" of the great Vancouver area. So it is close to a lot of Chinese restaurants with authentic Chinese food. The hotel itself is a typical hotel for business traveler. The hotel and its room in all is clean but the bathroom is smaller than average. Their pillows are kind of too soft. The highlight of the hotel is its breakfast which has good combination of hot and cool items.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Lijun D,

Thank you very much for your review. Glad that you were able to discover and enjoy the new Chinatown, located within minutes from our property. Also happy to hear that you took advantage of our hot & cold complimentary breakfast.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to accommodate you on your next business trip and not only.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have stayed at this property in the past and return because it always provides a good stay. Property is always clean and well maintained. This is primarily a business stay, or overnight to or from YVR.
Having said that, if you are exploring Vancouver on vacation you have an excellent if basic property that is very well priced, ( I payed $125 mid week) free parking and free breakfast. Must say here as well that the breakfast is a notch above many other Hampton's I have stayed at. Basic toast and cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt. Also a few extras like hot oatmeal and pancakes that were very good.
The location is a fair distance from downtown but it is an easy straightforward 20 minutes if you are heading that way. Also very quick access to freeways east west, as well as south to the U.S.
would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear pauljames403,

Thank you very much for your review. Happy to hear that you find our property, Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, reliable for your travels, regardless of the purpose of the trip. Our location is situated within walking distance from the Bridgeport Skytrain Station from where the exploration throughout Vancouver is endless. Also glad to hear that you enjoyed our delicious complimentary breakfast!

Once again, thank you and we look forward to accommodate you in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

First the good. The location is close the airport and easy to get to various spots around Richmond and access to skytrain for downtown travel. Hotel was relatively clean, and felt somewhat secure because you had to use room card to access elevator.

Now the areas that the hotel was found lacking: PARKING - There only seems to be enough parking to accommodate about 20% of the hotel guests, if fully booked. I've never seen a hotel with such poor parking accommodations. WIRELESS INTERNET - Extremely slow. BREAKFAST - Obviously uses powdered eggs and seems to not use any water. These were the most disgusting eggs I've ever seen. NOISE - Seems like the doors are not insulated at all. Loud door slamming all night and I could hear the word-for-word conversations of people walking down the hall. Wow. That's a first for me. and I stay in hotels very often. ACCOMMODATIONS - I was there on two trips in May for a total of 16 nights. On my first trip, I was in a King with a sofa and a desk. Made trip comfortable while traveling for business. On second trip, agent mistakenly booked me for two double beds (which the the hotel misleadingly calls queen-size by the way) I asked at check in if an upgrade would be available as I would be here for a while. The agent didn't even look at the computer before telling me they were full during my entire stay. How would she know that without checking? Seemed like a pre-programmed response. And, it was obvious to me that the hotel was far from full at any time during my stay. This alone has caused me to steer all of my traveling colleagues to another hotel for the remainder of our Vancouver travel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear jamesljohnsonjr,

Thank you for reaching out to share your recent experience with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be incorporating your comments into our ongoing training to provide the quality hotel experience you expect and deserve. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you faced as a result of our missteps. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to having a second chance to show you the level of hospitality our brand is known for should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Not up to the usual standards of Hamptons. The staff were super, but I've stayed at Hampton Inns around the U.S., in at least 10 cities over the last 30 years, and this was the worst one as far as design. It wasn't what I expected from a Hampton Inn. It wasn't just my room being near the elevator and you could hear it all night opening/closing. The ice machine was also near by. It was very loud. The bathroom toilet had a missing screw cover on the seat. It didn't look clean. I didn't have parking inside the garage 2 out of the 3 nights, because of the small amount of parking spaces. The TV menu was poor. It had no guide to programing or stations you wanted to know what's was playing. I was very disappointed in this hotel and did not enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Thank J. R. V

Dear J.R.V,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and we regret you were not impressed with your experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so that we may make a better impression through our service and amenities.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Only stayed for one night near the airport. During conversation with staff on many changes on my reservations you could tell they are very nice and accommodating. I left something in the room and I was at the airport when i realized it. Staff was very helpfull and called me right away to tell me they found it in the room. Very close to airport and rental car place. Breakfast was great just like everything. Wish they had a fridge tho' but o well i had a wonderful time in Vancouver!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Earl Q,

Thank you very much for your great review! We are so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Happy that you took advantage of our delicious hot & cold complimentary breakfast. Also, great to hear that you were able to recuperate your belongings from the room with the help of our front desk agents.

Once again, thank you for your 5/5 review! We look forward to accommodate you in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very clean and well organized hotel. The breakfast was great and reasonable for a free one. Shuttle was great and well organized . Used the Stay and Fly package for the pre stay . The only problem is that there prices in the last 12 months have started to inch up to the point they weren't competitive with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear 50Kamloops50,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport and that you took advantage of all our amenities throughout your stay. We are currently in our summer season where prices are competitive throughout the area, but we also have the option of Advanced Purchase where, if purchased ahead of time, it offers a discount for all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to accommodate you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We did not have an early check tonight and you mentioned but did check in between 2:30 and 3 PM. The lady at the front desk offered us a choice in rooms, she said there were 2 on the fouth floor the faced the street and one on the fifth floor the faced the back. She said the room on the fifth floor facing the back of the hotel was quiter so we chose that room. Please get your facts right before responding to a review.

Daniel Ross

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel R
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Ross,

I would like to take the time to speak with you directly, so we might find a positive way to rectify the situation. Please call me directly at the hotel.