Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here 1 night en route to Toronto. Hotel is fairly close to the airport and several good restaurants. We arrived at 12.00 and fortunately our room was ready. Nice room fairly spacious, clean well appointed and quiet. very pleasant chech in staff that asked us if we wanted water and cookies when we checked in. our 2nd stay here and we will certainly stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear jakobj,

Thank you for your wonderful review on our property. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the restaurants located within walking distance from our property. We try our best to accommodate every guests’ arrival time and have a room ready for them. We understand that our guests travel many hours so it’s our pleasure to offer them refreshments upon checking in.

Thank you for once again choosing our property and we look forward to accommodate you in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 18, 2012

24 hr shuttle to/from YVR. Tasty free breakfast. Will consider again for next trip to Vancouver, BC.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Z1Y1,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are always happy to hear that our guests take advantage and are satisfied with our 24 hour shuttle service. Our complimentary breakfast has a variety of hot and cold items that offer every guest many options to choose from. We are glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and I had a brief overnight stay to do in Richmond inbetween flights and we picked the Hampton Inn because of previous good experiences at other Hampton locations.

The hotel shuttle comes every half hour - so that took a little while (just missed it the first time) but was easy to find. The room was clean and classy - love the feel of their rooms.

We had a car to park - and I was able to leave the vehicle there for the trip at a cheap rate for extended parking - loved that!

Free breakfast - good, although we did go grab a coffee across the street rather than drink theirs...

Staff were very friendly and helpful - I would do that again!

Room Tip: ask for an end room...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear dmacsuburban,

Thank you for your positive review of our property. We hope that each and every guest's stay with us is an excellent one, and we love to hear about your experiences. I am glad you were able to locate and make use of our complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. We find our rooms to be warm and inviting, and happy you felt the same way. We're glad you enjoyed breakfast on us and we look forward to hopefully hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Very nice hotel. Limited parking spaces. Everything you need though. Breakfast is very well stocked. Free paper in the morning on you're door step. Great service. Internet. Basically everything you need.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the north. They will be quieter, because of the road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Dear Luke M,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the amenities we offer here at the Hampton.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we hope to serve you again very soon!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good affordable option for those trips when you are arriving late or leaving early from the Vancouver airport. Quick shuttle ride to airport. Clean rooms, friendly service.
Good breakfast to get your day started.
When you are leaving Canada to go to the US remember that you go through customs in Vancouver. This can take extra time so plan at least 2 hours if not more for checkin, security and customs when you are going back to the US.
About a 4 block walk to the Sky Train.

Room Tip: They are all pretty much the same
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear travelmop_10,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on our hotel! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the amenities we offer here at the Hampton.

We hope you will visit again here at the Hampton, and look forward to serving you again very soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

I arrived at the Vancouver Hampton Inn Airport April 11around 10:00 pm (Vancouver time) after a long 11 hour plane ride from Taiwan. I was with a friend and her child , but had made arrangements with my travel agent to have a room for myself. When we checked in, the desk clerk did not seem to be in a good mood and was quite abrasive. I did not have a voucher but my friend had one that stated there would be three people in one room. I tried to explain to him that there was a mistake and my ticket include a separate room. He said he would have to confirm with Eva Airlines but did a poor job of trying to connect with them. He then telephoned the Manager who told him I must pay for a room for the night and they would get a hold of Eva Air tomorrow. I said no as I was leaving early in the morning and this would not work out. He then became very rude and arrrogant with me and said he would do no more for me at this point. I then said that I would then sit in the foyer until he did something to help me about this situation. He told me that I could not loiter in the foyer and if I insisted on it he was going to call the police. I then panicked and sat on the curb outside in the rain and cried. What was I to do? I then went in and stated that I would have to stay in my friend's room and he reluctantly handed over a key. I went to my friend and she helped me notify Eva Air of this problem. We had no trouble getting in contact with them and Eva Air contacted the hotel. Another person from the front telephoned me and told me I had a room. It was now after 12:00 am. The other clerk handed me the key and apologized while the other one smirked. I am over 60 years old and did not need the abusive given to me. I was treated with the utmost respect in another country and when I arrive home I am not. All I can say to that young man at the desk is shame of you and I hope you do not treat your Grandmother or Mother like that. That is my nightmare. I hope Hampton takes notice of this situation and takes steps to train their staff to treat all people with dignity and respect. Public relations goes a long way in the hospitality industry. Winnipeger

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Judith H
GeorgetaDonici, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Judith H,

Our sincere apologies for your poor experience at our hotel. As all our guest agents must adhere to strict hotel policies and procedure, this problem arose due to the miscommunication between our hotel and Eva Air. With this, the guest agent acted in accordance to hotel policy of requiring a form of payment for incidentals or documentation from third parties such as Eva Air. We regret that you endured this situation and have spoken with the guest agent in improving his overall performance for all our honored guests.

Our sincere apologies once again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Richmond, near the Vancouver Airport and got the government employee rate (my husband is a gov't employee). They offer a free shuttle to/from the airport but because the shuttle wasn't working, the front desk reimbursed the cost of the taxi. Breakfast included the standard continental breakfast fare plus a tray with omelet, sausage and hash browns. Comfortable beds, excellent service (inlcluding instructions on the public transportation system), and convenience. Use of the public transportation system will require walking. The bus system on sundays and holidays was a one zone fee. In other words, it cost $2.50 (adult)/$1.75 (child or student) for travelling anywhere in the vancouver area including the seabus and the airport. (March 2012). The front desk had a bus map and was able to provide the route numbers with the instructions and location of the bus stops.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 4HNLmom
GeorgetaDonici, Owner at Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear 4HNLmom,

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and amenities met your standards. Our apologies on the malfunction of the shuttle service, but we are glad to hear that our front desk staff were able to accommodate you with the taxi service. We hope you had an enjoyable day out with your family around Vancouver and the exciting tourist locations around town!

We hope you enjoyed your stay here in Vancouver and we look forward to serving you and your family again very soon!