“Mixed review”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Mixed review”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Even though we are Hilton Honors members, this was our first stay at a Hilton Hotel as we usually stay at Hampton Inns.This hotel is older and seemed a bit worn in comparison.

Check-in was quick and friendly.....I was told that I had received an upgrade, however the King corner suite was what I had ordered online and we were only on the 3rd floor so I am unsure of exactly what the upgrade could be. Online I had been offered the e-standby for a 2 bedroom just in case it was available, but as it was not, they did offer a cot which we accepted and it was delivered to our room very quickly.....it arrived before we did.

When we arrived in our room, the remote for the living room TV was not working, we were not able to access the wifi and at first could not find bath towels.....we asked for some and then did find that there were only 3 on a shelf in the shower itself. The new remote and towels were delivered immediately. One of the desk clerks had to help my daughter connect to the wifi as another clerk had just helped another guest.

We asked for recommendation for family friendly restaurants and appreciated the info given by the desk clerk.

We did have a small balcony, however we could not have the door open as the hotel guest below us was outside smoking.

The outdoor pool on the 5th floor was nice and in a sunny location.

Check out was quick and efficient. We had driven about a block away when I realized that I had left my camera in the room, thankfully it was still there.

5 Thank WalkerTravellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We really recommend Vancouver Hilton Airport. It was clean and the staff was very friendly... the shuttle was very efficient and the resturant and bar was the best. You can't go wrong here. I would recommend this hotel to all who need a great place to stay in Vancouver. Our flight was very early the next morning and it was so easy getting to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

ithaca, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

As a hilton hornor member, we received an upgrade for the room. In the morning, we enjoy the wonderful mountain view from the top floor and balcony while having a cup of coffee. Close to airport and walking distance to light rail which goes to downtown.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed at Hilton with my family, we had 2 rooms booked for 4 nights. They were unable to put us close together but it was no big deal since i wanted to be away from them anyways. The one room was on the 17 floor and the other one was on the 6th. I was in the king Suite on the 17th, the rooms was very very big and it had a corner balcony. The view that I had of the city was amzing and since the wall full of windows it felt great to wake up.The 6th floor was right beside the pool (it was great too). The staff were great including our server for the breakfast he was fantastic. Overal the stay was perfect Thank you +)

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for a flight with a shuttle that never stops. Great service and what a great sleep. Its in the heart of some of the most little shops and areas to eat great Chinese food, sushi, even an English pub around the block. Starbucks near buy.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jamie D
edmonton, India
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel has a good staff, but most of rooms are outdated compared to other hotels near to this location. The price was good, the food quality was good. and staff welcomed you nicely. parking woes are always there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

3 Thank Simrat N
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 6 nights in August after spending 6 days in Seattle. We arrived here in the evening after a long car trip from Seattle. We drove in our rental car (a red Jeep). We were out of the view of the glass doors, but behind us was a black truck which could be seen by the front desk agents through the glass doors. At first, when I was checking in everything seemed ok, until the young female front desk agent started inappropriately questioning me about 2 children behind the black truck. She asked if they were my kids. I said that they are NOT my children. She didn't seem to believe me. Once I gave her my plate number for our rental car and described it. I think she realized her mistake, since we were in a red jeep not a black truck. I thought it was inappropriate and unprofessional for her to basically accuse me of lying about how many guests were with me. For the record, the only person staying at this hotel with me was my husband. Is this how this hotel treats Hilton honors members who are paying extra money to stay in a suite? Is interrogating your guests your hotel policy? I believe I am owed an apology for this breach of etiquette by your front desk agent, but did not receive one. Just so you know, they charge $15 (CAD) per day plus tax to park in their parkade (levels 2, 3 or 5). Well, we went up to our king bedroom suite. It includes a separate living area with a flat screen TV, couch and chair. It is separated from the bedroom by a door. These areas of the room were fine, but the bathroom was tiny and mediocre looking at best. It certainly did not match the rest of the suite. The suite also includes a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker and a very small terrace. I had brought up a 12 pack of soda to put in the fridge, but when I opened it I found left over food from the previous guest and it was quite dirty. This was very irritating to me, since I'm paying extra for this suite. They could have at least cleaned the mini fridge and disposed of the food in it. Also, the room was very hot. We turned the thermostat down and put the fan on high. (I don't think they actually have air conditioning.) This did not help. So we opened some windows, which helped a little. The temperature of the room was very uncomfortable for days. It was so bad, we had to sleep with the windows open. Finally, I mentioned this to someone at the front desk. They said they'd send someone up to check it out while we were out for the day. There seemed to be difference after that, but we still had to sleep with the windows open for 6 nights. As for the Richmond Centre mall, it is not directly opposite the hotel. It is 3 blocks away. Also, both sky train stations (Landsdowne & Richmond-Brighouse) are also 3 blocks from the hotel. There is a shoppers's mart (drugstore) attached to the Richmond Centre mall and a London drugs nearby. Both sky train stations are for the Canada Line, which will take you to downtown Vancouver or the airport. There is also a Starbucks in the Sheraton right behind this hotel. I should've stayed in downtown Vancouver or maybe at the Sheraton or Marriot that I could see from the windows in my suite. There seems to be some inconsistency within the Hilton family of hotels. I had great stays in Seattle & NYC staying at hotels in the Hilton family, but this place was a major disappointment. Oh well, I guess they can't all be winners! Lesson learned! Maybe I'll join Marriot or Hyatt's reward program. Maybe they will treat me with some respect. Anything is better than being treated like a low class liar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple