Hilton Vancouver Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
All reviewsjunior suitecorner suitesmall balconyvancouver airportparking garagebreakfast buffetoutdoor poolshopping mallliving roombed was very comfortablefree shuttlerichmond areacanada linebusiness triprental carfront desk staffnice room
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here between flights-small lobby and rather uninspiring bar/restaurant but room was nice and staff all seemed pleasant. Shuttle goes to airport 2 x an hour so best to plan your journey. Lots of restaurants around the hotel within walking distance and also the Richmond Centre shopping mall is over the road. Would not stay if wanting to be in the city each day but if you need easy access to the airport its great. Only real negative was the very rude driver running the shuttle. Overall would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We were very pleased with our whole experience at Hilton Vancouver airport. The bed was very comfortable. The view from the 16th floor was incredible. Wraparound windows were cool. Perfect little gym for a quick workout an we were in walking distance to mall an good restaurants.

Room Tip: Higher up is a cool view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Positives: clean and well appointed rooms with up-to-date decor; on site restaurant.
Negatives: no wifi in rooms! (And no ethernet cable adapters available for apple laptops!).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Went during the summer of 2011 with my girlfriend for 5 nights as a mini-vacation. We got a great rate for the 5 nights and I was pleasantly surprised to still receive an upgrade to a top floor suite with a balcony(Was not a hhonors gold member at this time). The beds were first class, I am looking into purchasing one in the future as it was the most comfortable stay I've ever had! Housekeeping was excellent.

The gym is very small but most people staying here are business travelers so both the gym, pool and hot tub was unoccupied every morning and night. Parking is shared with the hotel next door(Forget the name), and is expensive as any Hotel in Vancouver is.

Will definitely stay again if I prefer value over location, as it is quite far from downtown.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2012

As I had a reasonanbly late arrival in Vancouver, rather than fight the Skytrain with my bags etc, I decided to stay in the Vancouver Airport Hilton for the night, and then move to the city the next day.

The courtesy bus took a while to arrive, and when it did, I was surprised by the length of the drive to the hotel. I've seen reviews where people are furstrated that some hotels at Heathrow are marketed as airport hotels when they are in Slough - this was much the same. Yes, you can just see the end of the runway from the hotel, but it is not on the airport's doorstep and is a decent drive from the terminals.

Check in was quick and the attendent polite, and I was upgraded to a corner suite. Unfortunately, as it was dark when I checked in, and tipping down with the rain the next morning, I was unable to enjoy the promised view. The room though was nice and spacious, spotlessly clean with a nice big bathroom.

Annoyingly, only wired internet is available in the rooms, which is not good if you have an iPad like me. WiFi is available, free of charge, in the lobby and bar area, but if you want to work on a WiFi device in your room, you cannot connect.

The bed was comfortable and I slept well, and breakfast was good the following morning.

But my whole stay at this property was spoiled by my dinner experience after arrival. It was possibly the worst dining experience I had in a Hilton anywhere worldwide. I elected to eat in the bar, so I could do some work on my iPad, and as it was a Friday ordered fish and chips. The bartender recommended an excellent local beer to wash it down. The beer was good, the food not to. It looked fine, and I tucked in, only to realise the taste was off. On closer examination, there was white fish in the batter, but there was also a thick layer of what I can only describe as cream coloured slime between the batter and fish. I'm not sure what they had done, but it was seriously not good - I ate no more, and decided to go hungry as quite frankly, it had put me off eating! The bartender looked at the food and looked pretty disgusted by it too!

The service recovery was good - the food was not charged, and the bartender comped the drinks too. So I was happy with how the hotel dealt with the issue, but there should not have been an issue in the first place.

I would stay here again...now I know how the land lies, distance from the airport etc... But they need to urgently get WiFi into their hotel rooms, and get a new cook. It'd be harsh to rate this as 3 blobs in terms of quality, but 4 seems to generous. As there is not a 3.5 option, I have rated as 3.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business