Review Highlights
Good place to spend a weekend

louis899
Vancouver, Canada
Beautiful area to wander around, restored old buildings and lovely restaurants

Eileen P

1,100 results
All reviews seafood fresh fish once upon a time shrimp restaurants and shops buy fresh blue canoe fish market sea urchins tv show cannery museum whale watching great place to visit moncton street point park spend an afternoon fisherman's wharf
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Village has many places to explore and all within walking distance.Also many restaurants offering a wide choice of cuisines & snacks.
Focal point however is the pier with fishing boats berthed and the fishermen/women selling a great variety of fishes and prawns , some still alive!
You can get lots of information about how the fishes were caught and preserved fresh from the fishermen, many of whom had foreign roots.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful area to wander, restored old buildings and many lovely restaurants with scenic views especially at sunset

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time to see a fish market right off the piers. Quite interesting. I seen fish that I had heard of but never seen before. The prices were reasonable and the merchants were all very friendly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The "village" of Steveston has a lot to offer the tourist, and this area is the focal point. Both historic and funky, a person can look at the fishing boats -not much different than they were a century ago- and also enjoy fine restaurants and tourists shops.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We always love going to Steveston village. It can get very busy on the weekends, but a nice time to go is Sunday afternoon/evening. You can watch all the fishing boats come in to dock and even get done fresh catch right off the boat if you are early enough. Great little shops in the village. The restaurants are a bit overpriced and the food is sub par, but you go there for the view and ambience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I decided to head to Stevenson as I heard it was quiet and a very pretty place. It is also be a film location set and I can certainly see why! The place is very pretty and surrounded by little antiques and boutiques and has great restaurants. I can’t wait to go back and take my family to see how lovely it is!

Reviewed October 7, 2018

It is a quaint little village with lots of souvenir shops, great seafood restaurants, and dessert and coffee shops. There's a fish market right on the wharf with vendors selling fresh catch.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

It was not clear to me whether this is a working harbour or a tourist attraction. If you are visiting the Gulf of Georgia Cannery then the fishing village is near by. However I don't think it is worth a special trip from Vancouver. Basically there are a number of fishing boats and also loads of fish restaurants. It was not clear whether the dishes were made from local fish. In addition on one of the pontoons is a small fish market run from the back of boats. The fish looked good and was reasonably priced but again I do not know whether it was locally caught. In summary if you are in the area and want a fish meal then this is the place but otherwise it is not particularly interesting.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Once upon a time it was a sleepy little fishing village but it is now transformed into a touristy place with great restaurants and amenities for visitors. Recommend going there to see fishing boats and seafood being sold right on the docks. Spend time savouring the chowders and fish n chips at the scenic jetty. Walk around and you may recognize scenes from TV shows and movies. Great place for families!

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Steveston Heritage Fishing Village is very popular place since my hubby and I could hardly find a parking spot one lovely summer day. Arrived about 6pm which is prime time for strolling the village and selecting a place to eat near the water. As pre-cruise tourists I had read about this place in our hotel's brochure center. Since we had our car we drove here from the airport area hotel. Loved the seaside ambiance and multiple choices for seafood dining. Chose Pajo's café/dive because it had great reviews on trip advisor. Ordering was a bit confusing and seating very limited on rustic benches and plastic chairs where people shared low slung tables. But we enjoyed our fried cod, fries and beer among the fishing boats harbored next to us.

The village takes up several blocks so we just opted for an after dinner walk along a few streets noticing there are shops, post office, businesses, and other dining establishments along our route.