“Small room in a very noisy street”

Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Houston
“Small room in a very noisy street”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed in a small room with only one bed for 2 person. The hotel itself is located in a very heavy traffic area with a lot of noise. We were on the eighth floor, but the noise is still loud. We asked to change to another room but was refused unless we want to pay $US 20.00 more per day. they also charge us parking fee $ 15.00 per day plus tax. It is a *** hotel at most.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I booked this room for a 3 day conference and I have everything ran so smoothly! From the efficient check-in, the very spacious comfortable guest rooms, to the meeting room - everying was perfect. Dinner at the American Grille was excellent - I had rack of lamb and Caesar salad - delicious and the service was extremely pleasant and professional - something you don't always get with a large group.
I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Had a bad checking in experience - room we wanted was not available but were able to make a fuss to magically make the type of room we wanted become available (how does that work really?) at first were offered to upgrade at a price because our room was not available or change room 3 times during our week stay, put kind of a damper on our experience at first but overall the hotel was pretty okay. Far from Vancouver so wouldn't suggest staying here unless you like to drive and find parking. Felt like a suburb. Staff was OK, but I think I may have held a grudge from our check-in experience. Free 'Cucumber Water' and apples in the lobby. All rooms with two beds are right across from the elevator, if you manage to get a room with two queens it's okay, but the room with the king in the back room and queen in the front room, hall/elevator noise may be a problem - it's quite loud. the layout of the hotel is very strange. Don't know if I'd stay again, perhaps.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2010

After ending our Alaskan cruise in Vancouver we stayed at the Vancouver Airport Marriott for one night. The hotel staff was outstanding and went the extra mile to ensure we were fully satisifed. We had a great view from our corner executive king suite which was immaculate.We had a very early flight the next day and the hotel offerred complimentary shuttle service. I just love Marriott beds! We enjoyed our one night stay at the Vancouver Airport Marriott.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington state
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Stayed one night at this property. Prior to arriving at this hotel, I realized that I had to pay for parking (a little under $20 which sure adds to the price per night). I also needed to keep my car there for several additional nights (flew to another city for business) which was very costly and would think twice about staying at this property for this purpose. Front desk staff was very kind with the exception that at 5pm, they only had one queen bed for me and my colleague. The location of this property is very odd and I would not have gone out walking by myself. Some really odd food choices as well. Ended up eating dinner at the local mall's food court as that looked like a safe option. The hotel shuttle was top notch and very timely. The hotel room was very comfortable and clean with a very comfy bed. Not sure if I would stay again because of the additional expenses and odd location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I've traveled with the Marriott brand over several years and can say that this hotel is typical of a mid-range Marriott.

Check-in went smoothly with only one glitch. Many of their rooms did not offer two doubles (eventhough booked for two beds) so when we arrived, it was suggested that we pay a minimal fee to upgrade to a room with two beds.

The room was spacious and clean. It contained a mini bar fridge, microwave, and hair dryer. Bedding and linen was clean. However, you could start to see hints of wear in the bathroom as some of the grouting showed scale deposits.

Internet is available for a fee in the business centre or guest rooms. Also, parking is available for a fee.

We were there when they were doing major paving of the roads so at times it did make entry into the parkade somewhat difficult. By now, I suspect this item should have been resolved.

My only complaint is that you could hear the elevators moving up and down in the guest room at night. So for those that are planning a stay, see if there is a room away from the elevator bays.

By North American standards, I would suggest that this hotel borders on 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
YVRSA, General Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you for your feedback from your stay in October 2009. Although I have limited knowledge of the exact details; I’m very surprised our staff would seek a fee to put you into a room with two beds if your reservation was for two beds. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Additionally, I wanted to let you know that Internet access is free for guests in our lobby and restaurant areas and that the road and parking lot improvement work is definitely over.

Again, thanks for the useful feedback and I hope you’ll visit us again. As the hotel has undergone an extensive renovation since your last visit, I'm sure you'll love it.

Regards,

Dan Woodburn
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed May 4, 2010

stayed for one night before catching early flight next morning. Airport shuttle leaving hotel at on the hour and half past hour, from airport at 15 past and 45 past hour, they keep it very close to schedule. We return the rental car and use shuttle since rental car counter has no attendent between midnight and 6am (you can drop you keep in the box but we are not comfortable with that). Mostly asian eateries around. Room good size, coffee maker in room, lots of electrical outlets, front staff very helpful.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple