All reviews the concierge lounge american grill vancouver airport living area front desk staff corner suite separate bedroom nice stay richmond mall bit dated every half hour convenient location pool and hot tub stayed one night free shuttle long flight shuttle service
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Our company has been using this hotel for staff and board of directors visits for several years now. The rooms are all lovely and clean, the hallways are bright and welcoming. Conference facilities are awesome. Front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. Loads of parking. The restaurant and bar are always a favourite. No question that we'll be back.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Worked out well, great airport shuttle service and convenient location opposite a shopping centre with plenty of restaurants etc for a short stop. The Avis desk is in the building making the car pick up really easy for our drive to Seattle. Starbucks in the adjacent hotel for coffee. Room pleasant with all that you need, very clean and staff could not be more helpful. Enjoyed our stay- it ticked all the boxes.

Room tip: high floor away from road
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Yannick s, General Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for the nice and detailed review of our hotel on the Trip Advisor site.

kindest regards

Yannick

Reviewed August 4, 2018

The front desk was very accommodating even though it was going to be a quick overnight for us because we were leaving very early to catch our plane. We stayed in the newly renovated rooms on floor 17 and they are beautiful – sleek and modern with an outdoor balcony. Had a quick snack at the bar And we had good service and food.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2018

The customer service experience I had on Wed. Aug. 1, 2018 was one that I felt needed to be shared. My 71 year old mom and my 15 year old triplets were flying from Toronto to Vancouver where they were boarding a Holland America cruise ship for a week long trip to Alaska. This trip was my parents' birthday present for the triplets' upcoming 16th birthday and had been planned for months in advance. Due to numerous flight delays caused by cancelled flights by Air Canada they arrived in Vancouver late, were further delayed by their luggage being on a different flight and missed the ship. They were tired, clearly upset and needed accommodations on the spur of the moment. I am a Silver Elite member and called the hotel directly. I spoke with Mia Yoon who immediately went to work to find a room that could accommodate my family on such short notice. During our interaction Mia exhibited a high standard of professionalism, problem solving and was clearly doing everything to find a solution. Not only did Mia find them a room, she added concierge service so they could have breakfast the next morning without additional expenses. While breakfast is not expensive, this gesture clearly shows her customer focus and understanding that little things matter immensely. Finally Mia was also able to extend us some considerable savings on the cost of the room which given the last minute nature of our request we certainly didn't expect. Mia made what was a very trying and upsetting day for my family that much better by her actions and attitude. Thank you Mia from all of us for everything you did.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Andy D
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I am a Platinum Elite and have stayed in various Marriott Hotels and think the brand is strong. I stayed in the Richmond location as I have always wondered how they compared to Sheraton next door which I stay at frequently. Marriott is going through some renovations and I was one of first to stay in their new rooms.

It is nicely decorated and clean. Balwinder from housekeeper has an eye for detail and makes sure the rooms are cleaned and well stocked.

The things that I’ve grown to expect such as the robe and slippers in the room are on request in this hotel....just robes as this location has no slippers.

Asked for Q tips and got Tea the first time and toothpaste the second. I ended up going out to buy a box.

There was a false alarm and I called down to be sure yet the elevators were not back in service for over 15 minutes and I didn’t get a clear reply of why. I took the stairs.

When I was walking down the stairs, I met some of the staff and I wish they had given me heads up to exit on the second floor as the floor I went to was not accessible for guests.

Executive Lounge was small and breakfast was on the lobby floor. Alex from the American Grille was great as she was on point with her service. However, the next day the breakfast was at the bar area and it’s ambience was not as nice as the American Grille. Then it was self service which was ok but the inconsistency can be frustrating. Getting a separate area is one thing but without service or at the very least an understanding of how things work is far from what I consider as a perk for platinum members.

Overall the rooms were nice and new. The elevator needs an upgrade as the numbers were missing and in need of a face lift. Staff at front desk were good as well.

I would suggest that there be some consistency with the service of the Executive Lounge. In this regard I would say that Sheraton across the street has it right with the space, the choices and offerings. I would also suggests to check in with your staff as communication and engaging guests would depend on who you get. Details do matter as it does make a difference.

Great location and love that you have Guest Laundry. I believe the upgraded will help tremendously... including consistency of service.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Trina A, Rooms Operations Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel. Our apologies that you were not fully satisfied with you due to the miscommunication of the amenities delivered to your room and the false alarm that occurred. We are pleased however that you were happy with the service in the restaurant, your room and our on-site laundry facility.

As a Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards member we value your loyalty and thank you again for your valuable feedback. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact the hotel at any time and ask for the Manager on Duty.

Warm regards,