“Average Hotel with Reasonable Rates”

Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Vancouver Airport Marriott in located in Richmond, BC. It's far enough from the airport to escape airplane noise and offers a tremendous restaurant option in the lobby! You have to try the Rack of Lamb! Unfortunately that's where my praise ends. The front desk staff is less than friendly and fairly unwilling to suggest restaurants other than 1 or 2 asian places down the street. With Richmond being heavily Asian influenced, your restaurant options are fairly limited to Chinese/Japanese... For anything else, the hotel restaurant is easily your best bet! The rooms are quite run down for a full service Marriott. I will certainly be trying another hotel the next time I am in Vancouver but I'm quite sure I'll make the trip over to the hotel restaurant for the lamb :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin C
Yannick s, General Manager at Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Kevin,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, at our Hotel, on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the positive comments on your dining at the American Grill; and yes the rack of lamb is outstanding!!! Please accept our sincere apologies for your negative experience with the services and hotel rooms. I found your comments valuable information that will help us improve our services and product. On your next visit to the American Grill, please give me a call I would love to meet you.

Kindest Regards

Yannick Simovic
General Manager | Vancouver Airprot Marriott Hotel
Yannick.simovich@vancouver-marriott.com
604-760-9947

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at this property for 4-5 nights a week for about 5 months. Overall I enjoyed staying there mainly because of the friendly staff at the front desk. The rooms can use an upgrade.

The front office manager helped me out a couple of times when I forgot to make an advance reservation and showed up at the hotel!!!

The food at their restaurant is 4-5 star. Delicious!!! There were a few times when the service was less than desirable but for the most part decent.

Great China town location.... went for walks daily and explored the area's restaurants and shopping!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Omar K
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am just finishing up a 5 night stay for a business trip. This was my first time in Vancouver and the staff were all extremely helpful and went out of their way to make my stay a convenient and enjoyable one. Housekeeping was remarkable, dinner and beverage service staff were prompt and attentive, and I cannot begin to describe how impressed I am with the front desk staff!.

I informed the front desk that after I leave Vancouver I am heading to Edmonton for a weekend with my family. A polite and helpful lady named Loretta contacted a Marriott in Edmonton and confirmed a reservation for my family and I for our weekend getaway and ensured that I was receiving my corporate rate at that location!

Although it is quite a long commute to downtown, the airport shuttle was convienient and readily available with minimal wait time. Taxi service was also very prompt. The sky train is just 2 blocks away.

The food was delicious, the menu was reasonably priced, the room service was speedy and anything I needed was just a phone call away.

There was an ATM, a snack shop and an airline Check-In kiosk right in the lobby.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Richmond area and I will not hesitate to book my next stay here.

Bravo to the management and staff of Marriott Vancouver Airport in Richmond, BC! Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel has a perfect location... It is close to the airport, close to the train station, so you can go downtown easily and close to the ferry terminal, so you can go to vancouver Island...

The hotel infrastructure is old, and it needs a better maintenance. In my opinion it was expensive for the room I got. The service is just ok. Even when is not bad, it could be better.

If I have to stay there again, I would, but it definitely won't be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MR080
Reviewed October 6, 2012

An easy hotel to find and a good hotel next to the airport without the airport noise. Great staff, good lobby bar and restaurant. Please drive or taxi to Grenville island waterfront. We had a great meal and entertainment on the wharf. Just so special of an experience. This is not to miss even if you are only here for a night before your flight. Its special and very maritime...yes we are from the Maritimes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We only spent a night here, before we picked up a cruise ship the next day but we found this to be a fab hotel! The room was massive - the bathroom had sliding doors so you could sit in the bath and watch TV if you wished! Everything was very clean and the beds were really comfy - had the equivalent of a double bed each. The restuarant was a tad pricey but the food was good. A really n ice hotel to spend a night, or more in.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stay here many nights in a year while on long business days because the hotel is relatively quiet and modern with great staff and results in a confident quiet restfull nights stay. The gym, while small, has up to date equipment and is open 24/7, allowing a workout to your own schedule.

Room Tip: Stay away from the SE corner rooms.