“The Sandman is a basic decent hotel.”

Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
San Diego, California
“The Sandman is a basic decent hotel.”
Reviewed April 19, 2005

Last week (13th & 14th of April) my boyfriend and I stayed at the Sandman Inn Vancouver Airport. He didn't really want to stay out in the 'burbs but I figured since it was a rainy forcast, we were going to have to drive and take the car around anyway. So I changed his reservation from the Holiday Inn downtown to here. The hotel is fairly new, I think 5 years old so I figured it couldn't be too dingy or bad. The rooms are small but clean and decent. They have other sizes but we reserved the smallest. There's a Moxies Grill down below opened till 2am for food and cocktails. We didn't go but I am sure it's decent too. Kinda like a TGI Friday's style or Milestone's restaurant. Can't be too bad. But nothing fancy. We ate mainly in Vancouver as there are more options of course.

We did check out the pool and hot tub in the hotel. Pool was so so but when I dipped my hand in the hot tub it seemed just luke warm. So we skipped out on that even though that is always a high priority when we book a hotel. The room was comfortable and a pretty decent price. Clean which is important to me. I think we paid something like $79cdn/night. Parking is free and it's very close to the airport which is always ideal. I hate how hotels have parking lots and then charge their guests extra. That is my pet peeve. They also have a free shuttle bus to the airport that goes on the hour every hour. My only complaint was that our room was close to the elevator and ice machine. You can hear the ice machine making ice all night long. That is the only major complaint I had. Overall I think we'd stay here again. But you do need a car or some sort of transport if you want to go to Vancouver/Downtown/etc. If you want to spend time in Vancouver I suggest staying within the city and preferably downtown.

4 Thank jetsetera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2005

This hotel is very convenient for people traveling to the airport. It is only 10 min away and they do a have a free shuttle. They also let you leave your car at there hotel (Inc in the price), and it is a very amazingly low rate for such a wonderful service. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very friendly. I stayed in a room with a king and a hida bed it was very spacious and nice. I have also stayed in there honeymoon suite and is awesome very romantic. It is a dual level suite, with sofa bed on main floor with your Jacuzzi tub. Then there is a flight of stairs that take you up to your king bed. This suite had 2 TV’s and kitchen amenities as well. It would be ideal for a family. (If you want to get away from the kids). So I strongly recommend this hotel to any one who is looking for a stopover before a holiday.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 11, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel both times I travelled to Canada. I am now planning my third trip and am taking a detour so I can show by boyfriend this hotel! Everyone in the hotel has always been really friendly and made us feel welcome. It is great to hear stories about their relatives in the UK!

• Stayed January 2000