Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport
$242
$230
FourPoints.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn Vancouver Airport(Richmond)(Great Value!)
$193
$203
Hotels.com
$232
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Airport South(Richmond)(Great Value!)
$159
$155
All reviewsmoxie's restaurantloft roomvancouver airporttim hortonsking bedfree parkingevery half hourovernight staythe hotel is cleanconvenient locationexcellent staynice roomone night stayyvrlandingproximity
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It's okay if you are traveling in or out of YVR. Rooms are a little small. Very basic. Restaurant, Moxies, is so-so. The morning shuttle was basically a small van and far too crowded. The Wifi absolutely sucks and has for a long time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night before our flight. Our room on 2nd floor was spacious enough, very clean and the bed was comfortable. We came on the ferry boat from Victoria, took the bus 620 and stopped right in front of the hotel, just like another reviewer said. Early in the am took their shuttle to the airport. Staff was friendly. Good for the traveler to and from the airport.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patcat71
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked this hotel through Expedia and we joked that we must have been assigned the "expedia" room. The receptionist was unfamiliar with the hotel and couldn't answer any of our questions about the room. The room was small and poorly furnished, dull. No facial tissue dispenser. However the night manager was knowledgable and very polite. When I left my key card in my room, I was given another without hesitation. They also gave us access to the business centre even though we were not technically eligible. Only the star plus members got papers in the morning. Too many small irritations for me to return happily to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Was there 2 nights ago. The hotel is under renovation, a fact not disclosed to us at the time of our booking it. The ceiling above the bathtub was wet with drops of water from the suite above ours and needs replacement. There was no Kleenex-type tissue available in the room. The carpets are a dingie black, and I felt it was chosen to hide soil. The linens were clean, however. The night desk staff and the day person were good. The breakfast menu at the on-site Moxie's restaurant is too limited and lacks regular choices. We walked to the nearby Travel Lodge's Pantry Restaurant for breakfast and were disappointed by the food and service. Our meals included pancakes. Mine arrived cold and had to be sent back. Being diabetics, we ordered sugar free syrup. The server remembered too late, and had brought us regular syrup which we had already eaten! No small error there. She forgot our daughter's coffee refill. The washroom there was up a flight of stairs and no accommodation for a handicapped person. We will not attend either establishment again. I hope tourists don't judge Vancouver by these two establishments.

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire whether renovation work has been completed. While staff are friendly and seem efficient, I'd only stay here again if I was desperate.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel was clean and the people were nice. Two things I did not like that will prevent me from staying again: 1) The security was strange. You had to get your room card renewed every morning (you find out about this by being locked out in the morning) but they didn't check my ID when the renewed the card. I hope that the clerk checked the card for my room number before she renewed it or anybody could have walked up. I'd ask.
2) There is a major all night intersection outside the hotel. Trucks and motorcycles all night long. Bring earplugs, but you could still hear the noise. This hotel specializes in airport transients. I think they even have a shuttle. Therefore, there is a lot of congestion and noise early in the morning.

Room Tip: Maybe you can ask for a room on the south side away from the intersection. The road on that side has a Travelodge between the room and the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo