Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
“Friendly Staff!”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed for a night with my relatives who came into town for visit. Check in was quick and Leo who was on training was very friendly and polite. He then asked us where I preferred my room to be. My relatives wanted a quiet room and he did not disappoint us with his selection. Room was clean and the hotel is close to shopping mall. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank airwave711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Hotel is outdated both inside and out. TV is an old flat screen TV, rooms we got was small and refrigerator was barely working. Bathroom looks old and feels as well. Airconditioning is noisy, didn't sleep well.

4 Thank geveyanjak
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Booked this hotel via Travelocity mystery hotel savings - July 12 and July 13, I was picking in between 2 similar deals with $5 difference. Once paid, I thought I got a good deal, $90.55 per nite + taxes & fee. The pictures look very nice on the web. Once I arrived at the hotel, I found that there's two separate buildings, then I knew somethings not right. I dressed very casually, once i walked into the front desk, no smile and no greetings (looked like i am from a difference world), The rooms I got was at the "run-down" building (2 storey) next to the hotel lobby. Once I walked into the room - big disappointment - the room is smelly, dark, mildew smell in the bathroom, the air conditioner sounds like a broken engine (noisy all day and nite long - I couldn't sleep at all), there's a big crack on the ceiling, pool is small and dirty, no towels. The bed was smelling, and the bed was not comfortable at all, it's like sleeping on metal springs.

Parking is the worst, the first night i parked, garbage everywhere on the parking lot floor, people were smoking, cigarette butts were everywhere. The location is okay, 3 blocks west of No.3 road in Richmond. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: It's difficult to pick a mystery hotel via those hotel websites. But this experience makes me ha...
5 Thank Arthur92809
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
While we do have a group of buildings each constructed in different years, all provide a service standard which has clients returning time after time. It is regrettable that no smile or friendly welcome was evident when you approached our guest service agents- your comments have been reviewed with those team members. Pool and Hot Tub areas are supplied with towels and we are sorry if we had run out when you used the facility. Pool maintenance and cleaning are constant and we regret if you found it not acceptable. We regret that the AC units was not as quiet as you would have liked therefore disturbing your sleep.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed one night because of Hotwire. It was immediately clear that my room should have been refurbished at least 10 years ago. It wasn't in the tower or main building, but in the building across the way from the front desk.

The room had 8 pot lights, giving a sense that you were in someone's basement.

I suspect management has never actually stayed in a room overnight...
1. The shower experience is the worst I've endured. Straight shower rod, and the curtain is too close to the centre of the tub. The result is a shower curtain clinging to my body sporadically during my shower. Gross.

2. Why is the hair dryer next to the door frame? If you want to turn on the bathroom lights, you have to look around for the light switch, then reach around the hair dryer.

3. Regardless of management's response to a previous TA review, the room definitely smelled of something as soon as I opened the door. The window is sealed. Hardly a sense of 'freshness'

4. The safe provided caused the closet shelf to warp terribly.

Yes, there was a flat panel TV. Also a fridge. Vending machines are surprisingly reasonably priced. Fitness centre in one building, even a hot tub if you can find it (but it doesn't open very early).

I've been in many low end/budget chains that offer better, brighter rooms.
Best part of my stay? Leaving.

Room Tip: There's many other Richmond hotels and motels offering better accomodations.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank ABtraveller
Our Court Yard building, while the oldest of our 3 buildings, receives constant upgrades. Curved shower rods are slated for this building. Windows in every room open for fresh air and many have full balconies. Safes are being relocated to a better location in the room to eliminate any warped shelves. We regret that you did not enjoy the overall stay.
campbell river
Reviewed July 18, 2014

There's three of us checked in this hotel. We need extra towel and linen. My husband went to the front desk and requested one and he was told someone will bring it up.
An hour later, no towel was brought up. I phoned the desk, and was told someone will bring it up at 12:15am when the crew will be back from the airport.
I was disgusted because of this response. This is the first hotel we've checked in to ever ask for extra towel and linens. That we have to wait hours and hours before we get what we need in our room.
I cannot wait anymore, my daughter used the other towel as her blanket.

3 Thank shearl59
We clearly did not respond to your request in a timely manner, for which we are truly sorry. We have spoken to our night team to show those team members how this could have been handled much better on our part. Please accept our apologies, we know we failed to deliver that excellent Executive experience.
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was traveling with Lulu for fun. Staff, room and service was great! Best hotel when traveling with a small pet.Proximity to shopping was great. The Irish bar had wonderful staff, music and food. I was able to purchase some electronics near Richmond Mall. The only downside was the internet service.

Room Tip: Corner suites are very roomy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The room we were in had a funky smell as soon as you walked in. I couldn't quite place it at first, but I figured it out near the end of our three night stay. The carpet by the entry and bathroom must have been urinated on quite profusely as you could also smell something used to try to mask the odor. It didn't work - it just smelled like old urine every time I went by the door.

I am never staying at this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Jason S
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Your comments are appreciated. While management and our housekeeping team have visited every room in search of this odor we have not come across that funky smell. It is regrettable when anything detracts from a pleasant stay and we are truly sorry that a smell of any nature ruined your recent stay experience.