“Will definitely return.”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Parksville, Canada
“Will definitely return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. On our first visit in November 2013 we wanted a reasonably priced and clean room to sleep as our flight back to Vancouver was too late to return to the Island. The shuttle picked us up and staff at front desk were helpful and friendly. We booked again this weekend for two nights. We had booked a standard queen room. We were welcomed by Helen at the reception desk with a smile and friendly attitude. She Immediately made us feel welcome and announced that we had been upgraded to a penthouse suite for the weekend. What a treat. The location is very convenient to shopping and restaurants nearby but we tried both restaurants at the hotel and had two excellent breakfasts with room service. Extra large portions and very tasty. We had two late night snacks at Carvers and the food was delicious and even though it was very late they welcomed us in. We will definitely try the steak on our next visit. It was a great weekend thanks to the staff at the Executive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was put up here by my business and found it to be very disappointing. As a frequent budget business traveller, I am accustomed to staying in non-luxurious and often dated budget hotels. This one, however, was particularly dated, to the point of being oppressive and depressing, and with carpet, window coverings and wallpaper that were even more hideous than usual for such establishments. Indeed, for the week duration that I was here, I did not even bother to unpack as I endeavoured to stay in the room as little as possible save for sleeping.There are many rough- around-the-edges maintenance issues throughout the room. There is a little sitting area and kitchenette included but I felt that it was very poorly designed. As a single traveller I had absolutely no need of the separate sitting area and would have much preferred as a trade off, a more spacious and well laid out bedroom area. The chair at the desk was cheap, cheap, cheap and completely non-adjustable. The stairways and hallways are smelly and housekeeping keeps bags of garbage in the stairwells. I had the pleasure of looking out my second floor window to electrical boxes on the rooftop and the patios of the adjacent wing. Breakfast is not included. There is free wifi which was fairly reliable. It is possible that the rooms in the tower are nicer (I suspect so, since I saw some airline personnel in the lobby and I can't imagine that they would put up with staying in these dated wings) but I was told that I could not change rooms since those are in a different price scale.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ClaireCalgary
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We appreciate your comments and regret if we failed you at any level. Our hotel clearly has a mix of rooms and condos catering to a very broad market of travelers.Our airline crews use the full spectrum of our hotel but show a preference to the court yard room layout which had been assigned to you. A number of our packages do include breakfast but it was not a option selected by you . Since your preference is a larger bedroom v/s a kitchenette I would invite you to select a Plaza room for your next stay with the breakfast option .

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

It is a pleasure to stay . We booked the one bedroom apartment with a nice kitchen and sitting room. Short walking distance to shops and restaurants. We shall come again and recommend the property to people who enjoy space instead of luxury .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel was quite average and wasn't particularly nice, but it was adequate and suited my needs. I did not appreciate the nickle and dime feeling I got from the staff when I asked for basic requests such as a bottle of water, which costed $1.50. Also, the Wi-Fi was terrible, especially in the evenings, when it would just randomly disconnect and would be extremely slow, likely a result of many people using it and insufficient infrastructure. Overall, though, it provided a comfortable bed to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Clistin
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide us with comments on your recent stay. Our WiFi is being upgraded to additional capacity and a new service provider, we hope that those changes will provide better service levels and gain more positive comments from our guest.
Thank you for selecting our hotel from the many choices available to you in our city !
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Really a thoroughly ordinary hotel. Clean hotel although the room was dated and dark. Close to the airport. The central courtyard was actually very pleasant - sat out there and read for a while - quiet and comfortable.

I would not stay here again but it was not bad.

Booked though a third party site and got my room for 2/3s what the hotel was going to charge. I literally sat in the lobby and booked it on my phone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Your comments are appreciated .The broad range of product in our property from the Court Yard to Plaza and Condo’s offers some very distinct differences and yes our Court Yard rooms are our initial product and other sections of the hotel may be brighter. Delighted to hear that your room was crisp and clean.
Woolhope, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We booked this hotel thinking we were closer to Vancouver. We had another family member arriving at the airport on our second day. The pictures on another site made the hotel look better than it was. Our room saw slightly tired, but the house keeper was very thorough. The room had two bedroom and put you up couch. The kitchen was ok but some of the lights had gone. It did come complete with a, large fridge microwave and cooker and a kettle so tea drinkers were ok.
If you had the window open you could hear the planes.
There was parking which required you to use a room key but once inside the car park you did not have to use the room key again for security purposes and we felt a little unsafe.
The pub was too noisy at night and we did not eat there because of this. We tried to eat at the hotel but they shut early.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hurricanekatrinarule
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Wonderful staff, fantastic location, clean, great restaurants in house and nearby (most deliver) BUT....their corporate policy leaves a lot to be desired. I am going to spend the remainder of my day writing to airlines, especially the ones that book their crews here and my frequent flyer gold and platinum airlines.

My husband and I are staying in the hotel for six nights while he is attending a conference. We booked a one bedroom apartment in this hotel. He received an email and found it necessary to print some material for the upcoming course, 15 pages. I don't carry a printer when i travel, so I went to the front desk and asked to use the business center. They advised me that I would have to pay $5.00 for 20 minutes to use the printer. I felt that was 'cheap penny pinching' treatment by the administration. (I have stayed at other hotels in the area that are 2/3rds the price and have printing facilities and free internet for their guests). I went to the business center and started to print, ran out of paper after five pages and had to go back to the front desk and ask for more paper. They gave me 10 sheets. When i got back to the computer, my time had run out because I had to wait 12 minutes to get more paper! I went back to the front desk and asked for the manager. She apologized profusely and said that it was Corporate policy and that she could do nothing about it, that she had brought it up to corporate on several occasions, but her hands are tied. I asked her how corporate advised her to justify they treatment of guests using the center and she had no explanation... just more apologies. She was really nice and eventually gave me a $5.00 ticket and more paper to finish my printing .
However, that was just the start. I told her I needed to print my boarding passes. She said that the only way to print a boarding pass was to pay $2.50...unless you were flying on Air Canada. NO CHARGE FOR PRINTING FOR AIR CANADA. All other airline boarding passes cost $2.50. Whaaat??? says I? She explained that this is also Corporate policy.

Well, I feel that the fantastic, efficient staff is being punished by the cheapo who established this policy. They have been unable to change this policy so I want to help them. I totally recommend the hotel, I totally ask my readers to ask to print their boarding passes without paying the $2.50!!! I am writing to airlines who fly into Vancouver and advising them of this policy and ask them to discontinue recommending this hotel on their websites and relocate their crews to other hotels that support the printing of boarding passes before the passenger arrives at the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
7 Thank jetsetgypsy
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you very much for the positive review on our hotel. We appreciate feed back and understand that at times a particular policy can be miss interpreted by a team member. Yes our business center is available for all boarding pass needs and our team member should have made a judgment call to provide complimentary access for you to print your boarding pass. We regret that our office center was a distraction from your otherwise very positive comments about our hotel and we appreciate that you will use our hotel in the future.