“Overnighting inVancouver”

Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
“Overnighting inVancouver”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Overall ... The room was quiet, clean, bed comfy, did not enjoy the breakfast....definitely not good value for the $$$...if I were to stay again I would order off the menu. We did get in to the airport at midnight and the airporter was finished at 11, we called them on the curtesy phone that is to the right of the exit doors just as you leave to get a cab. They told us to use a red Richmond Cab and they would pay for it. That was nice

Room Tip: We decided to eat from the buffet...for our breakfast. The selection was good but the quality of th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We appreciate the positive comments about your recent stay. While our breakfast buffet is the overwhelming choice of our clients we regret if we failed you on this point in any manner. It is our teams desire to transfer clients conveniently to and from Vancouver International airport 24/7 even if it requires a quick phone call ( 11pm to 6.00am ) from our guest once they have landed and cleared customs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was here for a weekend workshop. The lobby and conference room were very attractive, however the elevator, hallway and room were not so great. A room card was needed in the elevator, but no instructions were given on it's use. The light for our floor was burned out so it was hit or miss whether we were actually going to move! The hallway was dirty when I arrived, about 5pm, and still had the same bits of paper, etc. at 3pm the next day. I ordered room service for breakfast, which was fine. The waitress was kind enough to point out that a tip wasn't necessary, although there was a spot for one, as it had already been added. I then paid attention to my next couple of meals and found the same thing on my bill. On the second day I pre-ordered lunch for 15 minutes after our class finished. I thought that that would be sufficient time for the kitchen to get caught up from the original rush. How wrong! My meal was 20 minutes late in arriving so I took it to my room, had a couple of bites, and put the rest in the fridge for my supper. Come supper time, being very hungry, I rushed to my room in anticipation and found my food frozen solid! With the exception of Michael in Carver's, who was awesome, there is a lot more for me to rant on about, but let me just say...don't bother!

2 Thank Exceliz
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feed back on your recent stay. While we would love to have every guest experience a perfect stay ,we clearly failed you on our Food and Beverage side. The room card needed for your access to the guest room floor will be better explained by our guest service agents because of your comment, sorry that we failed you by not providing that explanation to you..
Merritt, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Out of all the Motels, Inns, Hotels and Apartments I have rented or stayed at while travelling for business, this is easily one of the worst I've encountered. I'll go through it in order:
- Reception was terrible. The man must have been having a bad day or something because when he wasn't ignoring us he was ignoring the poor people trying to get service, putting them on hold for minutes at a time.
- The room's Ethernet cable was broken. When we requested a new one, we were told to use Wifi. Funny thing is, we had already spent a good half hour trying to connect to their shoddy wifi.
- The bed squeaked horribly, and left us with sore bodies every single night. How old are those beds? Co-workers complained that the beds were dirty in their rooms as well. Suppose we got lucky in that sense.
- The complimentary breakfast was gone by the time I arrived at 9:00am, and they didn't restock it. Ended up having to go get something elsewhere.
- Shower tap was broken. Not really that terrible as it still worked, but wasn't aligned with the guide. Spent an embarrassingly long time trying to figure it out, but that is more my fault then the hotel's.
- The fitness room was pathetic. We were told there was a full weight set, but all there was to be seen was a couple of bikes, a treadmill, and an elliptical. Think they'd have at least one thing dedicated to upper body.
- The bedside drawers were busted. At that point I wasn't surprised or phased.
- Heat always stayed either 2 degrees below or above the set temperature.
- Made the mistake of looking under the TV stand while sweeping the room for anything missed. Yuck!
Along with all that, EVERYONE I talked to had attitude. The room service, the front desk- everyone seemed stressed and pissed off. Maybe get some group work in there? Or something. Honestly, the nicest person (and one of the only redeemable points of the trip) was the maintenance guy. Super nice, super courteous and funny. How he does it around everyone else, lord knows.

P.S. Did you know you have rabbits on your roof? The only other redeemable part of the trip. Keep those. (You might want to clean up their pile of poop though. A bit unsightly to the lawn. Not to mention unsanitary.)

2 Thank Honhonh
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
While reviewing your feed back I checked our internal service logs and failed to establish which room you may have stayed in. While most of our clients use our WiFi extra Ethernet cables are always available with guest services. Our bedding is replaced on a scheduled basis as we believe the comfort of our clients is of paramount importance.
Our breakfast buffet is fully stocked till 11.00 am every day leaving all quest with ample food during this time period and I find your comment about lack of food surprising.
Our fitness room has been totally renovated ( in recent weeks ) and since no weights were available to you it tells me you were in the hotel while this process was ongoing because the temporary facility had no weights available. You will love the new surroundings as well as the change of equipment.
As for the attitude of our team members – our clients constantly comment on the positives of certain front line staff and their willingness to go that extra distance. Hence we are sorry if you experienced negative attitude from any team member, your comments have been reviewed with the team.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights and while room rate reasonable he quality of the stay was mediocre.

Room service menu pretty limited and the one meal I ordered was completed incorrectly and almost inedible due to heavy dose of salt.

Main area of room nice and comfortable but the bathroom dated.

Very long wait for shuttle upon arrival, close to an hour.

TV reception horrible. Freezing constantly.

I would stay again on a stop over but if you will be there for a few days I would think twice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Thewalkz
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel was my corporate hotel for a number of years up until 2005 when things started to go downhill. There were nicer hotels nearby and eventually myself and my staff stopped going to the Exec. Reason-smoke smells. At one time or another I believe all the rooms in the main tower on floors 3 and 4 were smoking rooms. I do not smoke but I sure can smell it. I specifically asked for the room NOT to be over the bar downstairs and of course I got 2318 directly over the bar entrance where patrons smoke outside. The smell was terrible but, my own fault, we were in a hurry to make an appointment and left right after a quick wash and change. How I wish I had done something. Our clothes even smelled the next morning and wonders of wonders, as we were checking out there is a lady in front of me complaining of the same thing from her room on the third floor. Needless to say I will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: If you do stay there request a higher floor or not the main tower.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pgfinny
Any time our guest provide feed back we appreciate it ,thank you. However we have been a NO SMOKING hotel for many,many years. Clients who ignore this fact ,and smoke ,are charged for us having to sanitize the room completely . We hope that future travels will bring you and your team members back to the comfort of our property because you will love our recent upgrades.
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I like the free internet and the rooms were nice. The room service, well that was a different story. The ribs were dry (only could choke down a half of the rack) the mash potatoes were dry but the veg was good. The cheese cake was very good. It says in the room menu gratuities were not included but I'm thinking it must have been cause after I included a $5 tip my bill was $46 plus change.

Trivoli's only had on waitress on and it took forever to get service. The breakfast buffet was good but I can never eat enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mervin M
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for telling us that that you enjoyed our hotel facilities and internet services. Our apologies for providing you with a less than excellent room service experience, we will review your concerns with our team. Thank you for choosing us from the many hotel options in the Richmond area and we hope that you will return soon.
Champlain, Quebec
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel and have experienced both the regular rooms and now the extended stay apartments. Overall, it might not be the most luxurious rooms I've seem but I have to say it is clean and comfortable in both offerings of the hotel. Front desk has been good with everything I have had to deal with them. I do have to say that others are right in saying that their check in process etc is pretty dated and probably makes the front desk's job harder.

The apartment that I am in seems to have had some upgrades recently such as new carpet I guess from the new carpet smell when I came in and headboard and bedding. The kitchen could be better furnished but it is far from being bad. I do stay in a lot of extended stay places and can compare with what is offered out there. The sofa ain't all that great but I've seen far worse. Appliances are also due but they work so it isn't really the worse thing.

My big gripe is with the horrible entertainment system they have and it is just terrible. Reception on their TV's are the worse that I have come across hands down in any hotel I've been at in all of North America even crummy 1 star hotels and channel variety ain't all that great either. Anything aside from regional tv channels have bad reception which makes watching my favourite channels such as A&E, History etc enraging as the picture freezes every 30 seconds. When you want to relax after work and watch tv before bed, this really pisses me off. For extended stay rooms, I'd make sure I offer my residents good reception and way better variety as we want something that resembles home!

The only other issue I have isn't major but the blinds in the room need to be updated as they are broken and do not close properly which is kind of important for my room that is on the 9 th floor and overlooks the garden.

All in all it is a good stay aside from the TV issue I will have to deal with for a month that is enraging.Please fix this ASAP

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM_Airport, General Manager at Executive Airport Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre Richmond, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Your comments are appreciated ! I Our new model condo suite is ready for review and will provide you with the upgrades reflecting today’s market place. New appliances –Granite counter tops - new carpets – upgraded bathrooms. The TV reception is constantly being upgraded because we clearly want you to relax and not feeling stressed because of us failing on this point.