“Last minute booking...loved it!!”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We landed in the middle of the night, called hotels.com and booked this over the phone...arrived at 1 am and the staff was amazing!! front desk man made my day (and it was a long, tiring one), cleaners explained the spic and span facility. room was such a nice surprise!!! loved it all....room with couch, tv, lovely bathroom and amenities such a pleasant surprise!!! husband had turned up at holiday inn when I suggested it and guess what...i was right, again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This very well trained group of people understand the needs and wants of their guests. This hotel truly makes you feel at home. Friendly, genuine customer service from front desk to room staff. I am out every 6 weeks on business and always stay with them! Always a great experience!
Mark

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is my second time staying at a Holiday Inn and as usual, it went splendidly. Everything worked very well for us, and it was a comfortable stay; the room organized and clean. The staff at the desk were also extremely kind and helpful, when my card stopped working, they fixed it in less than 5 minutes. Checking out was also a breeze, we went down and in about a minute, packed up and left! I also enjoyed the lemon/orange ice water they had there every morning, it was really refreshing.

My one disappointment was with the amenities because there wasn't a pool, and the fitness centre was also a lot smaller than I expected. With that being said, I was still able to workout!

Room Tip: It is for sure a lot louder with the planes coming by!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed for four nights spanning a weekend. The room was the usual Holiday Inn standard -- clean, quiet, spacious, and no surprises. The attached restaurant (a Fogg and Suds) provided a breakfast buffet every morning, the cost of which was incorporated into the room rate for our sports team. The food was adequate.

Interestingly, on the first evening I could not log into the wifi with my laptop (the message suggested that too many devices in the room had already logged in -- there were only two). But the next day we had three devices logged in, including the laptop, without difficulty. Otherwise, the wifi was reliable and fast.

There are two parking lots, one outside and one undercover below. The lower lot was clean and airy, with a security gate at each end which required your room key to open. Only concern is that the parking spots were very small, barely enough room for my truck. Fortunately the hotel was not busy, so most of the time I was able to park with no other vehicles on either side of me. No problem if you drive a SmartCar or a similar puddle-jumper.

There are two elevators for this six-storey hotel. There was typically a long wait for the elevator to arrive. We found it easier to use the stairs at the end of the hall to go between our room and the lower parkade. (We were on the third floor. Might not be so easy for those staying on 6 ...)

The fitness room was reasonably well-equipped. It was very clean when we attended on Sunday morning.

There is a McDonald's right next door, if the need arises.

There is a used-car dealership next to the hotel, with several exotics then on the lot (a McLaren, an Aston, a Maserati, a few Porsches, and the usual lower-mainland collection of BMWs and Mercedes). Well worth a look if you have time to kill and enjoy automotive eye candy.

The hotel is next to a freeway, but the road noise was not a problem in the room.

My only (minor) gripe is that there is no TV guide station showing what's on at any given time. We were obliged to scroll up and down the channels, one by one, looking for something to watch. (Having said that, the TV remained on the World Cup soccer channel most of the time, once we found it.)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank A K
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The staff at reception are friendly , welcoming and knowledgeable. The rooms are clean and comfortable.
The hotel is located not far from public transit that we found affordable and reliable. The restaurant has a good variety of food and also good service.
The Holiday Inn continues to be our first choice hotel!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dimaggi
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were in room 501 and since we had just gotten off a cruise ship, it felt HUGE. The room was very clean. The bathroom had a heat lamp - which may be standard for this area, but I had never seen one and I thought it was neat. There was a McDonald's practically in the parking lot plus a restaurant inside the hotel so that was nice - especially since it takes a while to get anywhere else with the city traffic. It IS near the airport but still allow some time due to high city traffic. If you are used to city life, it will be typical but I am just a little country girl. The shuttle to and from the airport is very nice.

I wish I knew who the girl was at the front desk on June 27th - she saw how out of place my friends and I were trying to tour the city and she was so sweet to give us directions as well as a card for the hotel in case we got lost. She knew we were not familiar with such a large area. I was going to thank her and give her my trip advisor pin of recognition but she was gone before we returned.

I am still a bit jet-lagged so I hope this review makes sense.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were on our 14 days leisure and business trip to Vancouver and Calgary when we made a two night stopover in this hotel. The Filipino receptionists were quite helpful and warm in welcoming us to the country. The hotel itself is fronting Cotsco which has comfort foods like pizza and hamburgers as well as seasonal fruits e.g, strawberries and blackberries. Antioxidants and our favorites. Cozy rooms, comfortable and luxurious beds, free hot breakfasts, and for the first time I found free snacks in the afternoon ( coffee, juice,tea and oatmeal cookies). Hotels usually do not have this! And free shuttle to and from the airport too. This hotel saved us a lot of money.its also closer to the Victoria Island and fabulous Buchart garden.

Room Tip: Always choose upper floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family