“Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked a room at La Quinta online but their system was in error and no room was available when we arrived. They were prepared for us when we arrived and had already reserved a room for us at Holiday Inn and sent us there.
We paid $129 + Tax for a 2 x QS room without breakfast. Room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. We had a great sleep. It had no breakfast included like La Quinta but was about $28 cheaper so really the same value. There is a McDonald's about 100 metres from the Holiday Inn and we ended up just having a Big Breakfast at McDonald's rather than using the hotel restaurant.
Parking was fine. WiFi excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J0hnMcKay

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here for one night prior to meeting a friend at the airport. It feels as though it is in the middle of nowhere, admittedly, but it is perfect for an airport hotel - staff are friendly and helpful, room service good, breakfast (which was included) delicious. The room was very clean and comfortable. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport that takes about 15 minutes and goes regularly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LondonGirl0
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room was well-appointed, modern and clean, with a large ensuite bathroom. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Convenient location and quiet but no views (didn't really bother us as we were only there for one night before moving on). We used the airport shuttle bus in both directions - it was on time and the driver was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had a great stay, Very friendly service, VERY clean room!! I got bumped off my flight and needed a bed for a few hours. As well I had a box of frozen fish that needed to be put in a freezer. The staff were very accommodating, and in the morning had the box of fish in the lobby for me to grab on my way out the door. Absolute 5 star service!!, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Generalmanager3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for you comment I am very happy to hear that we were able to create an outstanding guest experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Vancouver area.

Regards,

Andrew

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night, prior to flying home. Myself and my other half. The room was a king with a loveseat. Perfect little room & clean. Air Conditioning or fridge, one of it was a bit too loud and there were a few light bulbs that needed to be replaced.

It was a mediocre free breakfast. I prefer the Express where you get to pick up your own breakfast, this was a set breakfast of scrambled eggs, two strips of bacon, two slices of toast and a coffee. You eat that at the restaurant and they serve it to you.

I was in room 509, it was a little loud it seemed on the floor earlier in the evening, but that was supper time so to be expected. It was a speedy check in and check out, plus free parking. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GanderGirl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear GanderGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and we look forward to your next visit.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Clean, staff is courteous, close to where I need to be, right off the 99, bed is super comfy, restaurant attached. I was double charged for our breakfast (paid with my card but room was charged and they charged someone else's breakfast to me as well) but the front desk fixed the issue. They are the ones that found out someone else's breakfast was charged to me since the amount was the same. So they credited me for the entire breakfast bill, parking, and the phone call for my inconvenience. I thought that was very nice of them to offer. I will stay here again for sure. My only complaint is the WiFi from our room was really weak, kept dropping, but they gave us a ethernet cable which helped for my laptop.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I moved to this hotel after two night stays at Sandman Signature across the street. What a nice change!! Hotel staff effecient and polite, hotel room is very clean and comfortable..
excellent hotel in Richmond area

Room Tip: Room away from ice maker
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LEONWzy

Thank you for your kind comments about being the best in Richmond we strive hard to offer value and great customer service to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Vancouver Area.

Regards,