“Best hotel staff I have seen”

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel unexpectly. Due to the circumstances around my stay I was very upset when I arrived. The front desk staff were so caring and compationate. My 8 year old was hungry at the took the time to find some snacks for her. I can't thank them enough for everything they did for me that night rosa and the young lady who's begins with a M are the best hotel staff I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with. - forever grateful

• Stayed: May 2013
Generalmanager3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Your comments make me very proud I know we have the best associates around but it really is great to hear it from our guests. You are absolutely right we care about our guests and I am glad to hear we took care of you and your daughter.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Vancouver.

Regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Only one con and then on to the good stuff. I stay here as my layover in Vancouver and for some reason this time in my room the AC was very pathetic?? It was a warm night. Not sure if just my room? On to the good. This hotel has the best staff. They are all friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean very comfortable. Holiday in soft and hard pillow choices rule!!!! I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
PS. Order the chicken club from the hotel restaurant Fog n' Suds. You won't be disappointed!! Mmnnnnmmmnnn

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived YVR at 11.15pm local time (1.15am in Chicago) and hadn't eaten since lunch the day before. Called the hotel to check on 24 hour room service but the restaurant was closing in 15min! They let me order, checked me in while I was on the phone and delivered my meal to my room as soon as I arrived. One of the best club sandwiches ever! Rooms are big, comfy big bed and my 2pm check out as a priority club member allowed for a long sleep before my international flight. The on site restaurant/beer haven has excellent food, great staff and comfy setting. I'll be staying here on my next trip to Canada for sure.

Room Tip: If you are a Member of Priority Club, join!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Generalmanager3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I am very happy to hear that our staff made sure you were well taken care of and that you got lots of rest before your international flight. Thanks for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

I agree the clubhouse is a great sandwich!

General manager

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband is a Priority Club member and when traveling, Holiday Inn is our hotel of choice. I wish to take this opportunity to commend the housekeeping staff at the Holiday Inn on Camby Rd. On April 20, 2013, in my rush to catch an airplane, I left my diamond ring in the bathroom. I realized this upon boarding the aircraft and called my husband who was leaving on a different airline. He called the hotel, housekeeping found the ring and mailed it to my home in Georgia, USA the following Monday. I received it on Saturday. I would like everyone to know this hotel has a wonderful, caring and honest staff. I sincerely appreciate them and I hope their superiors do also.

Donna P

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about our staff. We also believe our staff are great that is why we are ranked in the top ten of Holiday Inn's in Canada in guest satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our housekeeping team I am so happy we were able to find your ring and get it back to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room and location was perfect for my trip. However, the proximity to the #99 was too close for sound sleeping. Also, planes could be heard from the airport. Note...it is near the airport.

Adjoining restaurant had acceptable food. Not a lot of healthy choices but fair prices.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TL C

Thank you for your comments next time you stay with us we would be happy to put you on the other side of the hotel away from the highway. I do apologize for the airplane noise being the closest Holiday Inn to the Vancouver airport sometimes the planes can be heard. I am very happy that you noticed our staff are wonderful that is why we are ranked in the top 10 of Holiday Inn's in Canada in guest satisfaction. As you noted our location is perfect for your needs I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Price,location and cleanliness made it possible to extend into two nights and nearly added a third night. Relaxing comfort chair and chair desk as well.Hotwire was the site we selected this hotel from and we were pleased with their selection and their price was excellent. Traveling abroad we used hotels .com but found Hotwire better in this area.

Room Tip: We selected this hotel on Hotwire at a very good price .were given a front road room and it was not...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanie G
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is my favourite hotel. I deliver training seminars and have stayed here and delivered seminars here a LOT. The staff are very welcoming and accommodating and are genuinely happy that you are a guest in the hotel. Rooms are very clean and quiet. Very good food and service at the attached restaurant/pub.

Highly recommend especially for business travelers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business