This hotel is located on Alexandria street in Richmond, also known as the "Food Street" to the chinese living in Vancouver. Tons of asian restaurant souside on the street, from Korean BBQ next door, karaokes, noodle places, hotpot, chinese lounges, tons and tons of chinese restaurants. For access to chinese food, this hotel wins hands down.
Behind the hotel, you would find a Futureshop, Bestbuy, for electronic junkies, as well as a liquer store, a Kinkos FedEx and McDonalds. For a mere 10 mins walk and cutting through the Landsdowne Mall parking lot, you would reach the Skytrain station.
During the daytime, the area looks pretty safe, and after midnight, you might find alot of asian wannabe punks hanging around the alcohol lounges. As stupid as they seem to look, the place still seems safe, as tons of policemen seem to hangout in that area eating their late meals at open-late restaurants.
Overall the hotel stay was good. Booked the Presidential parlour and the 2 interconnecting rooms for wedding purposes directly through the hotel. The bed's are super comfy, not soft, not hard, just the perfect feeling. The furniture in the rooms however look a bit outdated, as well as the toilet, which looked like they were last renovated in the 90's. Nevertheless, overall, the room was very clean, and a thumbs up to the friendly chinese and philipino staff.
Check-in was pretty fast when the reception area is fully staffed. However, helping some friends check-in early at noon was a pain as the only person there was just the assistant manager who seem to have to do everything himself (including answering phone calls, giving directions, etc etc).
The only things I did not like was the parking at the hotel. But most hotels in Vancouver seem to charge an arm and a leg for parking. Overnight parking was $10.00 a night charged to your room which I thought was pathetic considering Richmond had so much land, and when I learned that Airport Radisson offered free parking overnight for guests, it felt a bit unfair.
Secondly, there are indeed alot of tour groups that stay in the hotel. Expect noisy corridors in the morning with many scrambling to check out at like 7-8am.
Overall, a 3 star hotel in my mind, but a good one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport is in Richmond's business district and is 10 minutes from YVR and 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver. We have 4 meeting rooms and are near shopping and dining ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel Richmond
- 4 Points By Sheraton Vancouver Airport
- Four Points Vancouver Airport
- Four Points Richmond
- Sheraton Richmond
- Richmond Sheraton
- Richmond Four Points