“Great Location; Certain Daytime Reception Staff Requires Extra Training & Smiling Course 101”

Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My last trip in Vancouver was in June 2013 and it was a last minute book thru because Westin Wall Centre was all full. Despite the last 2 very bad experiences I had at this hotel, and Guest Relations Mgr did not call or email me to apologize or even follow up with an apology. My first stay here started 5 years back than followed by Raymond Lam concert and continuously until last time I stepped on "Broken Glass upon arrival on Hotel Carpet". I told Front Desk, instead of apologizing and offer to switch me to another room or even an upgrade; they told me to go see a doctor and said they will vacumn my carpet while I am away. Asked if I have broke something??!! Last June I checked out, I called the night before talked to Front Desk Mgr he ok'd me to have late checkout till 2pm for SPG Preferred. Next morning, Chinese girl in Front Desk started scolding at me, asking me to remove my luggages and have them store at the Front as Preferred Customers don't have 2pm late checkout status or upgrades. She loudly read out the Guidelines and Policy to me in English than in Chinese; I have never experienced anything this "HORRIFIC" my mouth dropped widely open in awe. I laughed I checked in at Westin Wall Centre few blks away, had an upgrade, gave me late check-out till 4pm. I stayed there 3 times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jacqueline W
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
We regret to hear of your experience, as this is certainly not the standard of service we provide to our guests. Your feedback is important to us and have been shared with our Front Desk and Housekeeping team. If you would like to discuss further please contact our manager Gary at gary_rudin@4pointsyvr.com. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Maud, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I took the Alaskan cruise and arrived in Canada before noon. Check in time is not until 3pm. We decided to go ahead and take a cab to the hotel and see if they would let us store our big bags there until check in time. Upon arrival we was greeted by very friendly staff. Surprisingly, they informed us they had a room ready for us and we could go ahead and check in. That was like music to our ears. There was no extra charge for this early check in. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. To the back of the hotel within walking distance is a mall. So that was convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mscopper
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

best part of this place is the staff. Always friendly, always helpful...love the Chinese waitress who is always on at breakfast, she frets over you like she's your mom, not a waitress.
Second best thing about this place is the location, cuz there are at least 15-20 good Asian resto's within walking distance.
Third, its consistent in my expectations of a 4 points.

Room Tip: Facing the parking lot is considerably quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Margesmister
Roanoke, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed here on an international trip with a stopover. Shuttle to hotel was convenient and just had to call the hotel and the driver came very quickly. All hotel staff was very friendly and helpful- both at check-in and breakfast. Rooms are basic but fine for a short trip. Nearby Earl's restaurant (within walking distance) had good food and wine selection. Would stay again as the price was right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm just about to check out after 4 nights at this property. My summary is that it offers for value for the price. It's spotlessly clean, and every staff member I met, from front desk to waiters and room cleaners was both friendly and professional. Our top-floor room (#624) is spacious and well equipped. Free wifi is much appreciated, and I didn't mind the $10-per-day fee for the time we had a rental car for touring. The only reason I say "mostly positive" is the restaurant. The burger I had late the first night was mediocre, the Eggs Benedict the next morning was just plain awful (whatever they put on top bore no resemblance to hollandaise). However, the omelettes were good 2 other mornings, and the chicken cordon bleu last night was extremely good. The late opening of the lounge (5pm) was disappointing after returning from a day of touring.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
M_Sumic, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi CruiserYT, thank you for your review. Your feedback on the restaurant has been shared with our team. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our free wifi and found your room to be spacious. We definitely pride ourselves in the professionalism of our staff, and I am happy to hear that they were able to make you feel welcome. We hope to welcome you back to Four Points Vancouver Airport soon!
Mount Airy, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We decided to stay here for 2 nights, post Princess cruise. I had just enough points to cover 2 nights here. While downtown would have been preferable, the cost differental is significant and we planned on using public transportation to sightsee Vancouver. Also, proximaty to airport made catching a 8:30am flight painless.
Check in was quick. We arrived very early and expected to just drop our luggage with the Bell Hop. Nope - room was ready and they were more than happy to check us in (11am!). Room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of pillows and easy to adjust the room tempurature. There was also a small fridge and complementrary bottled water. It's a 5 to 10 minute walk to SkyTrain (it feels longer w/ luggage). We had no trouble getting out and about.
Yes - this is an Asain neighborhood. I've read a couple reviews that seemed critical about this fact. If you have a personal "issue" with that - please do not stay here. We loved the area and embraced the opportunity to try new food.
Shuttle to the airport is on time and quick. You do need to make a reservation the day before.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, which kept it quite as they had a band in the lounge Saturday night. Coul...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi TravelerRob64, thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear the staff was able to accommodate your early check-in and you found your room to be comfortable. Our airport shuttle is very helpful to many of our guests, and I'm happy to hear you found it convenient as well. We hope to see you again soon!
Nelson BC
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked with hotwire and stayed 3 nights at this hotel in July. The staff was exceptionally helpful, always friendly and smiling in every department, including housekeeping, front desk and food and beverage. The Staff was great at giving directions around the area. We enjoyed a room with a King bed, very clean and comfortable and modern. Even the toiletries were lovely including shave cream and a bath pouf. The whole stay was very luxurious after a long drive from Nelson, BC. We enjoyed the complimentary water, room service breakfast exceeded expectations, the fresh fruit was lovely and portions were surprisingly large. There is a liquor store on the property. The food at the Irish pub nearby was very good. The only complaints would be only two sugar packets provided for two people for coffee, and an unfortunate allergic reaction to the hot tub, but a notice was posted about the chemicals. Be sure to shower after.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie K, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed yourself and were able to take advantage of all our amenities. Hope to see you again soon!