“Stay and Park”

Accent Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed at the Accent Inn for a night before flying to Mexico for 10 days. The hotel is undergoing extensive renovations, so it wouldn't be fair to make negative comments. It is comfortable and clean. There is no secure parking for long stays, but it's in a secure business park area. Just make sure you lock the doors and leave all belongings out of sight. There is a good airport shuttle service, that unlike some, will not leave you stranded for hours. Check in is friendly and check out is fast and efficient. What more can I say, except that there is a remote check-in station which will allow another hour sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear face the business park which is closed at night. The front of the hotel faces the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Logjam2650

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I pass through Vancouver several times a year and have stayed in many different hotels there. Recently, I chose the Accent Inn because I was traveling with my large dog and this was one of few hotels that would allow him. I was blown away by the high quality of my stay. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I paid less and had a more enjoyable stay here than I have had at other hotels in the city. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Vancouver, with or without a pet!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank D C
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stay at the Richmond Accent Inn approximately a dozen times a year. Being a long haul airline pilot, I get to stay in some of the nicest hotels (read 5 stars) in the world. However, when I overnight in Vancouver on my own dime (it is my work base) I always stay at the Accent Inn because it feels like home. Living on Vancouver Island, I am not always able to make it back over when I arrive in YVR from overseas. It has been my little home away from home for several years now.

The experience first begins when you emerge from Vancouver International Airport. The free 24hr shuttle service picks you up from either the International or the domestic terminal every 30 minutes or so. But the real fun begins 10 minutes later when you get off the shuttle and approach the check-in counter.

The welcome you get is like no other. You are greeted like a VIP yet without the 'canned greeting' so many high end hotels use. In most of the aforementioned '5 Stars' hotels, you feel you are greeted by some robot who is reading a script from the computer screen in front of them. When you arrive at Accent Inn, you feel like they are genuinely happy to see you and intent on making your stay the most enjoyable. They haven't lost that human touch that is hard to find nowadays.

The experience continues as you enter your room. The rooms are spacious, clean, very quiet despite the proximity to the airport, and tastefully decorated yet without the unnecessary clutter found in many hotel rooms. Also, very important to me, the beds are firm and comfortable.

You will notice the little thoughtful notes from the management here and there. I won't spoil the fun here, they are yours to discover, but you will find them on the 'Do Not Disturb/Make the Room' sign, on the bathroom counter, on the bedside table, etc... And the best part is the little yellow rubber ducky dressed up 'locally' that you are encouraged to 'steal' when you check out.

Other than for work, I overnight there when I go on vacation down south with my family. As we often have to fly in and out of YVR, we spend the night there before and after our trip. They have free parking as well. Their shuttle will also drop you off at the River Rock Casino in Richmond which is next to the 20 minutes-to-Downtown Canada Line Sky train or the buses to the Vancouver Island ferries.

All in all, I don't believe you can find better value around the airport or around Vancouver for that matter. It is an excellent 'home base' for those visiting Vancouver without having to stay at the very expensive hotels in town.

I also found out that is a BC family owned hotel, which I am proud to support.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Yann1221
dmgr2, Manager at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Yann,

WOW! Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We truly do enjoy connecting with our customers and encourage our team to do that as “themselves”. When we looked at changing our branding and our “message” we came up with the same ideas that you picked up on. “Stay local, Stay real”. We’re proud to be a local family owned business and as mentioned we try to keep things “real”. On another note, welcoming back a regular customer is extra special for our staff and we can’t thank you enough for that!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Accent Inn on both ends of our Mexico vacation and couldn't have asked for a better stopover hotel. The front desk clerk was prompt and helpful, the rooms were very comfortable (ask for a room on the back, quieter), close to a number of dining establisments, courteous and promt shuttle service to and from the airport, and plenty of parking for long term. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mitca

Dear mitca,
Thanks for taking time to post this review and we really appreciate your business. Hope you had an awesome Mexican vacation and we look forward to seeing you for your next big holiday!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I regularly stay at Accent Inn locations on business travel and have found the airport location good value. Jonathan on front desk has consistently provided great customer service including reliable restaurant recommendations in Steveston and Yaletown. I appreciate the free shuttle service and access to skytrain and airport.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear tom946,
Thanks so much for the kind review. We really appreciate comments on our staff as we think the are great! Our front desk team really enjoy connecting with regular customers and thank you so much for your support.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night before a trip away. The big benefit to staying here was that we could leave our car in the parking lot for no additional fee for the week we were away. They also offer a free shuttle service to the airport.

The hotel room was large (great for us and 2 kids), and clean. We did find that the room door did not close fully on its own, so you had to make sure you pulled it firmly closed when leaving. Could hear the traffic and airplanes really easy in the room. Didn't bother us during the night as we are sound sleepers.

The front desk staff were really helpful and suggested the Frog N Suds restaurant accross the street. They offer a 15% discount to Accent Inn guests. This dinner was excellent, and although it looks like a pub, they offered great kids meals.

We would certainly stay here again if are looking at flying out YVR.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank curlergirl
dmgr2, Manager at Accent Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear curlergirl,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for your continued support . We'll make sure that door get's looked at. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Situated very close to Vancouver Airport, the Accent Inn has welcomed us on several occasions, either prior to flying out, or coming back from a trip. Rooms with two queen-sized beds allow exhausted travelers to stretch out and un-kink after a trans-Atlantic, followed, in our case, by a trans-continental flight. Beds are extremely comfortable, but be sure to ask for thinner pillows if those in the room are too plump. PIck-up from airport was fast and check-in was immediate and welcoming.
It is worth noting, that this Accent Inn is wonderfully land-scaped, with colourful displays at all seasons of the year. Right now, the last of the Autumn foliage is valiantly clinging to tree-branches.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in are good, but for faster check-outs preceding flights, ask for one near...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Therese R

Dear glamborghini,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. Love the comments on our landscaping. Much appreciated. Hope to see you again for that next big adventure!