“Very nice and comfortable Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Redondo Beach
“Very nice and comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This is a very nice hotel, the staff was friendly, helpful and they definitely speak English. We arrived early and did not expect the room to be ready for us. However, the hotel staff was kind enough to check us in and we were upgraded to a suite. The room was spacious and trendy with comfortable king size bed, a sofa bed and two flat screen TVs. The swimming pool area was clean and the fitness center has updated exercising equipment. Hotel parking was free to all hotel guests. Overall, I did not experience any problem and would stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MamaladeRedondoBeach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 29, 2009

If this hotel's management wants to know the status of their desk department, I can sum it up right here. The desk clerks do a significantly better job than their manager. Actually, I should have written this review 3 years ago (when I stayed here), but I forgot so if since then there is a new desk manager, my apologies because this review is not about you. I stayed at this hotel because it was close to the airport, the rates were better than the Sheraton Four Points that I had previously stayed for two nights, and there was a shopping mall near by. I had asked for a room with 2 beds, but at check-in the manager told me the reservation said one, but had no problem with upgrading my family without any extra charge. The room was kind of congested with a queen size bed on one end and a king on the other....never seen that before. They should have just put 2 queens. Bathrooms clean and nothing fancy overall, but with the price we paid, don't expect 4 star amenities. Now as for the manager's demeanor, let's just say he really has no reason for speaking to his guests the way he did to my family. You ask him simple questions - because I'm a clueless tourist from the states remember - and he gives you attitude...I don't know why it's just those little roll your eyes movements, snooty tone of voice and sounding pushy over a question that can simple be answered within 30 seconds. Ex: Are there nearby golf courses you can recommend? ....There are plenty he says. Umm, how about just recommend 1 or 2 from your opinion? Oh and let's not forget what happened at check-out time. My mom asked him if we could store our luggage and when we came back to pick them up, she ask him if the wine we bought at the vineyard wasn't damaged, and he said of course not. Then a second later, I hear him chatty with one of the desk clerks saying, "What...she thinks I'm going to steal them?" We would not have tipped him if we knew he was going to make a smirky comments like that. I will give some accolades to the nice female desk clerk who went out of her way to suggest some things to do on my last day in Vancouver...personally, she should have been the desk manager at the time, but who knows, maybe she is now?! Since I am in the hospitality industry, no management should allow this type of employee run a department. Employees like this think they are too good to service any type of person. And if they think they're too good, they should go buy their own hotel, but until then, change the attitude or your company will replace you.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank wendy5o4
BCGator, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
Since the stay of this guest over 3 years ago, the Hotel has undergone an Ownership change and there have been changes in the Management as well. The new Ownership group completed a full renovation of the Hotel over the winter of 2007/2008 which has given the Hotel a whole new look which can be seen on the pictures of this website. We are sorry to read the comments of this guest so long after their stay and experiences and hope they will considering staying should their travels bring them back to the Vancouver area in the future.
Vancouver
Reviewed May 7, 2009

We had a suite (that has a seperate bedroom) which was very comfortable and spacious. The hotel has been renovated in the last year and the rooms are done in a modern contemporary style with marble and granite bathrooms. LCD TVs in bedroom and sitting area. Bar fridge as well. Close to airport (5 min) and in the middle of a chinese neighborhood. Many excellent restaurants nearby. Complimentary breakfast in the hotel restraurant. Parking is available but you have to pay for it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 14, 2009

We stayed here 2 separate times. Both we needed travel to/from the airport. The shuttle driver was very friendly and accommodating-taking us to and from the south terminal as well.

The fitness room and pool are nice. The restaurant was a little pricey but the food was good. Overall, everything felt clean.

It was too bad that it wasn't closer to downtown Vancouver-but we needed it for closeness to the airport and that fit.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Our entire family of 17 stayed at the Radisson July 2008 and the hotel overall was fine. All the rooms were newly remodeled in a modern decor.

Housekeeping staff was very nice and friendly and cleaned up the room very well daily. The front desk associates were decent - not 'excellent' in customer service, but they tried. We never encountered any rude Radisson employees.

Although the website says all rooms have microwaves and the hotel itself has laundry faciilities - it does not. A column of rooms towards the West side of the hotel do not have refrigerators or microwaves. Plus, none of the rooms have microwaves.

There are no general laundry facilities - only the hotel service which costs $2.35 to wash a pair of socks. However, there is a laundromat about 1 mile away, called EZ KLEEN, where I drove to do my own laundry.

Contruction was still going on during out stay but it didn't bother us. It is actually the contruction across the street that was noisy!
Ask for a room facing the mountains which will place you away from the sky train, plus you'll have a fantastic view of the mountains.

The fact that the hotel is right in the flight landing path was not a concern - the hotel is well insulated and you can't hear it. It was actually kind of cool to have the planes fly so close to our room - entertainment for us and the kids!

The hotel is located in an area with large asian population with many asian markets and good asian restaurants. There is also a large shopping mall right across the street from the hotel. It was very convenient to have the grocery store next to the hotel, because we had to purchase milk and snacks for my 2 & 5 year old kids.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Newly remodeled.
  • Disliked — No microwave in house and no self serve laundry facilites as noted on their website.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank NC3SanFrancisco
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I stayed in room 1102 and loved it. There was an adjustable king bed (20 different firmness settings) and LCD TV. The entire look of the modern, well-appointed room just worked. I suspect it was recently renovated and would thus explain the big difference between my review and the others.

The renovations in the bathroom were less dramatic (the shower and toilet were definitely not changed), but it still had a bit of a new look and feel to it.

Light sleepers might find the planes overhead a bit challenging as the Radisson is virtually directly below a flight path.

Be forewarned: Richmond is a good 30-40 minutes from downtown Vancouver. A taxi will be pricey and a bus will take forever. But there's good news: a new SkyTrain line is being built and one of the stations will be across the street from the hotel. I think it will be completed by the Fall of 2009.

Stayed June 2008
2 Thank GlobalEyes
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We got our room through Hotwire ($139 plus tax), so I didn't know what hotel it would be until after booking. After I found out and checked the reviews I was very concerned. I must say Hotwire was pretty responsive. They checked the reviews and expressed concern but said the hotel had been renovated so they thought the problems had been solved, and if not we could file a complaint afterwards.

We had a good experience there. The location was a little odd, but that's not unusual for an airport hotel. I read that parking could be a problem, but there was an event going on so we got to park for free right out front. Renovation was still going on in the lobby, but our room was nice and quiet, and the front desk people were friendly and helpful. There is an interesting mall right across the street geared towards Asian customers, and we enjoyed browsing there and had a great meal at a Thai/Malaysian restaurant recommended by a guy at the front desk.

I'm not sure all the problems have been solved, but I thought I should let people know we had a positive experience.

Stayed June 2008