“Good Value But Some Flaws”

Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Seattle, Washington
“Good Value But Some Flaws”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This hotel has a convenient location near the airport and close to Vancouver as well as the main shopping areas in Richmond. It is adjacent to a Moxie's and there is a restaurant and lounge in the hotel that closes relatively early. There is an enclosed pool area in the property but I didn't take a close look. I was impressed with the front desk staff - very friendly and efficient.

My room was decent sized and had a large enough television and a fairly comfortable bed. There were a couple of cleanliness issues - the blanket had a cigarette burn and the top of the toiled looked like it had not been dusted in ages. My shower was fairly brief as the hot water started disappearing within five minutes. Otherwise I had no complaints about my stay..basic room but fairly spacious and adequate amenities.

I received a good priceline deal (under $60 with fees and taxes) but would think twice about paying much more for this hotel. If you are on a budget and have modest expectations I would recommend however.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I Stayed here for the BC Poker Championship and its all you need. free parking if you rent a car, 6 bucks to take a cab to Riverrock Casino, a tim hortons near by and the airport is 5 mins away. I liked the pool and the FREE Wifi was pretty fast, the staff was great and there's a diner on the main floor, if your doing a layover or just want to be close to River rock casino this is the place to be, and also if you rent a car its a good location cause downtown vancouver can get pricey

Happy Travels

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for the month of Feb while in Vancouver working for the Olympics. Let me start by saying this hotel is older. Close to the shytrain system and casino. As for other ammenities around there are none, with the exception of Costco, Tim Hortons and a few shops. So on with a non biased review of the place. The check-in was fast and efficient, no waiting. Rooms ready when promised. The rooms are dated but comfortable and kept clean. The maids did a great job for us. Always clean towels, sheets every day. The restuarant in the hotel was just OK. If you want something a little better try the Moxies across the parking lot. Far bettr. There is a A&W across the road as well as a sub shop and Korean BBQ. Other than that theres nothing else in the immediate area. Hotel can be a bit noisy with its proximity to the airport. Planes at all hours of the day or night. The higher the floor the worse it was. Check-out was painless. Ovrall hotel is a good value for short stays or stop-overs. I wouldn't recommend for longer periods of time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Rooms were dated, but were large, comfortable and clean (from what I could tell). The location is alright, with a SkyTrain station a 10-minute walk away. But there's not much to see and do around the hotel. There's a restaurant and free shuttle to the airport. Staff were helpful and friendly, but this hotel does look old and in need of renovations.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Victoria
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Our top priorities in a hotel for this trip were met: it’s close to the casino (has a shuttle service as well), has a swimming pool, is inexpensive, and most importantly—our puppy dog was welcome too. We found the room to be clean, spacious, and comfortable. The room actually seemed more warm and inviting than the photography in the hotel’s website would indicate. There are several restaurants in close proximity but it also has a casual breakfast spot just steps away from the lobby.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from Mexico. Our plane landed in Vancouver at 1:40am and we just stayed there to close our eyes for a few hours before heading home (another 3 hour ferry trip/drive). We were only in the hotel for about 8 hours total.

I rated the value of this hotel as "5" because I booked it on Hotwire for $45/night. I would have been very disappointed to pay the regular rates, but for $45, you can't go wrong.

The rooms were very small but adequate. The bathroom looked like it had been updated somewhat, with the exception of the actual sink and tub faucets, which were definitely original. There was an iron, ironing board, small fridge, desk, chair and coffee table in the room, along with a decent size TV. I think the hotel is rated on Hotwire as a 2 star, but I think 2 stars might be pushing it a little.

The positive sides of this hotel are that there is a shuttle running between the airport and the hotel (though that service stops at midnight), parking is free, there is 24 hour check in (the front desk was very helpful and we got a late check out with no problem), and there is a restaurant attached to the hotel. This is also near many fast food and chain restaurants so getting a bite to eat is convenient.

I would probably book this hotel again for a SHORT stay, especially if I could get a deal like the one I got this time. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying more than one or two nights, or anyone who is used to higher-end hotels (i.e. Delta Suites).

If I had to pay regular prices, I would likely stay at the Accent Inn instead. I think for a comprable price you get a better room and facilities. However, if you can get a Hotwire deal, this is the way to go for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tripchick29
Beautiful British Columbia
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Grungy carpets, moldy, grungy shower tiles, MASSIVE blood stains all over the sides of the exposed box springs (God only knows what else was on there).. no towels in the room when we arrived. I should have taken pictures... they would have put the owners to shame.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels