“provided all we needed in a value-for-money hotel”

Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Victoria
“provided all we needed in a value-for-money hotel”
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Our top priorities in a hotel for this trip were met: it’s close to the casino (has a shuttle service as well), has a swimming pool, is inexpensive, and most importantly—our puppy dog was welcome too. We found the room to be clean, spacious, and comfortable. The room actually seemed more warm and inviting than the photography in the hotel’s website would indicate. There are several restaurants in close proximity but it also has a casual breakfast spot just steps away from the lobby.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from Mexico. Our plane landed in Vancouver at 1:40am and we just stayed there to close our eyes for a few hours before heading home (another 3 hour ferry trip/drive). We were only in the hotel for about 8 hours total.

I rated the value of this hotel as "5" because I booked it on Hotwire for $45/night. I would have been very disappointed to pay the regular rates, but for $45, you can't go wrong.

The rooms were very small but adequate. The bathroom looked like it had been updated somewhat, with the exception of the actual sink and tub faucets, which were definitely original. There was an iron, ironing board, small fridge, desk, chair and coffee table in the room, along with a decent size TV. I think the hotel is rated on Hotwire as a 2 star, but I think 2 stars might be pushing it a little.

The positive sides of this hotel are that there is a shuttle running between the airport and the hotel (though that service stops at midnight), parking is free, there is 24 hour check in (the front desk was very helpful and we got a late check out with no problem), and there is a restaurant attached to the hotel. This is also near many fast food and chain restaurants so getting a bite to eat is convenient.

I would probably book this hotel again for a SHORT stay, especially if I could get a deal like the one I got this time. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying more than one or two nights, or anyone who is used to higher-end hotels (i.e. Delta Suites).

If I had to pay regular prices, I would likely stay at the Accent Inn instead. I think for a comprable price you get a better room and facilities. However, if you can get a Hotwire deal, this is the way to go for a short stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tripchick29
Beautiful British Columbia
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Grungy carpets, moldy, grungy shower tiles, MASSIVE blood stains all over the sides of the exposed box springs (God only knows what else was on there).. no towels in the room when we arrived. I should have taken pictures... they would have put the owners to shame.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

vancouver
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Stayed in a room on the Executive Floor as we were upgraded by the kind lady at the front desk. She was quite busy and found time to address our requests of directions to the Night Market. She also delivered our luggage to the room as I am handicaped with a walker. I will stay again at this Hotel

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Pisa, Italy
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, at the end of July. Nice room, clean, quiet. The restaurant was fine and the food was good. The best part was the staff. People at the front desk were kind and supportive, and the lady at the sales office was so nice to offer me to borrow her computer, as the Internet kiosk was busy. Great service.

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
vancouver, bc
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I just stayed at the Travelodge and felt compelled to write a review. I booked the room for myself and my two kids for two reasons, to escape this horrible heat wave Vancouver is experiencing, and enjoy the hotel pool, and to have somewhere close to sleep after the celebration of light fireworks. As we first entered our room, on the 8th floor, I noticed the window was extremely dirty and appeared to have some sort of slimy goo running down it, as it got worse as the night went on, we couldnt even see out it. The air conditioning had not been on either, so the room was VERY hot. We went down to the pool next and the water was ridiculously cold. Even though it was a sweltering 95 degrees out, the pool was painful, like jumping into glacial water. We could only handle it for about 30mins and when we returned to our room, we all had blue lips, seriously! I also didnt like the fact that the only ice and vending machines in the hotel are on the main floor, somewhat of a pain in the rear when your on the 8th floor. The shower curtain in our bathroom was ripped in several places and didnt even extend the length of the shower rod, so the floor got soaked. I could see that, obviuosly, the curtains had been this way for some time as the floor at the base of the tub was covered in black mold. The shower pressure went from strong to weak throughout my shower and at several times, the water pressure was so weak, I would have been able to do a better job rinsing myself with a water bottle. The fridge in our room didnt work at all, either. I had bought my kids juice, milk and yogurts to have when they woke up and I had to throw out the dairy as it was completely warm. The only positive about our stay was that it was much closer for us to drive back to richmond after the fireworks, then to where we live. We still had a fun time and luckily, I got a super, smokin deal on this room, otherwise, I'd be a little more upset if I had paid full price. If you need somewhere just to crash, close to the airport, this Travelodge will suffice, otherwise, dont waste your money. i would not stay here again, or mabey not even at any Travelodge for that matter.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Wine O
flowers52
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This hotel suited our needs exactly. We got what we paid for and were very pleased to be there. We were 3.44 miles from the airport. They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. We were going on a cruise so we stayed here before going on the cruise. The rooms were clean and what we needed for sleeping. We had the Sunday morning buffet brunch at the restaurant. That was fantastic a great price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family