“Travelodge to the rescue”

Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed November 5, 2008

My flight had hydraulic problems so in turn all 30 or so passengers were sent to the Richmond Travelodge. Check in was quick and friendly. The hallways show some wear. The room was a good size.
Again a bit of wear. it is a solid building. Very sound proof. I would stay there again. I checked out at about 6:00am and the morning staff was professional and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed August 25, 2008

When you hear the name “Travelodge,” you may think of a decrepit-looking place on the fringe of a questionable neighborhood. This hotel really should be “re-badged” as it is quite nice and is geared toward middle to upper-middle class pleasure travelers. The rooms are tidy and in good shape, and the desk service is extremely attentive. In fact, the people working at the front desk went out of their way to help me with business faxes, a Fedex and internet access -- even trying to give me their own money for a coin-operated internet-access computer in the lobby when I ran out of Canadian dollars. An excellent value. If you are new to Vancouver, you should get a map and directions, however, as the traffic engineering is awful and the roads into the city are confusing.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank snarkus04
Reviewed August 15, 2008

We rang the day we wanted to stay and got a room for 6 nights, most people were just staying overnight so they put us in an executive suite for the same price. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
Everything about the hotel was good, the place was clean and tidy. The pool was always clean and the cafe and restaurant food was good and of a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2008

This hotel was disgustingly filthy: we had to clean tan smears off of the toilet seat before using it, there was hair all over the bathroom floor and tub, it stunk, and worse of all - I had to kill silverfish crawling all over the bathroom floor when I used it in the middle of the night. And if that wasn't enough, when I got home I was checking my Visa account online and saw that the hotel had a new charge pending for $49.12. When I had checked out the morning after our stay, I was told there were no more charges, and there should not have been any. I called the hotel and was put on the accountant's voicemail. I stated my concern over the Visa charge and left my name and telephone number. Oddly, the next day the charge had disappeared from my Visa and I have never gotten a call-back from the hotel. This hotel needs investigating over their shady practices, not to mention the dirtiness.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank lesalaska
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Hotel needs some major work....carpets are all badly stained and stink. Wall paint in hallways and rooms is chipped and when sun hits walls a certain way, you can see spills and questionable stains. Bathroom old and grungy....severe mildew in shower. One of those bathrooms you do not want to place your toothbrush on the counter or have your bare feet touch the floor for fear of germs! Bed was so uncomfortable I have to head to the chiropractor next week to have my back adjusted. Pulled back the cigarette burned blankets to discover at least 5 tablespoons worth of blood all over the boxspring......would have LOVED to change hotels, but it was late and we were beyond exhausted. Just know we will never stay here again and will never recommend it.

Pantry restaurant attached is fine for a meal, good service.

Lots of nicer hotels it turns out in the area: Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, The Delta, The Accent Inn, etc.

Don't ruin your trip by staying at the Travelodge Richmond!!! ICK!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank CanadianAandJ
Reviewed April 19, 2008

This hotel is worn out and gives a negative first impression. It stinks and the halls are dark and narrow but the beds are clean and comfortable. For a relatively cheap night the price is good and just don't expect much. If all you want is a good night sleep, this is the place.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank dollydoll
Reviewed March 14, 2008

I spent one night at this hotel in March, 2008 before a flight. It was clean and very well priced. The pool was nice. The front desk staff were very helpful. I read some reviews that said this hotel is only good for a quick stay over. I would have stayed for a few days if possible. I admit it wasn't a beautiful resort, but I look for clean accomodations that I feel comfortable sleeping and staying in. This is such a place. Will be staying there agian next time I travel to Vancouver.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business