“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Free parking;close to everything.The staff were very pleasant and helpful.They gave me a room near the elevator because I have to use a cane.Beautiful view from the eighth floor.The room was clean and comfortable.No microwave or continental breakfast, and the restaurant on the site is kind of pricey, so we went to Tim Horton's just up the street a bit.For those who like a firm mattress, this would be fine.My mother and I had some trouble sleeping because we have back problems, and need something a little softer, but my sister slept just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gibsons, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a few times this year. There is free parking, easy access off freeway. Staff are very courteous and the rooms comfortable, free airport shuttle as well.
There is a good restaurant attached and Costco is nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Waverly, Minnesota
Reviewed July 8, 2013

An older hotel but room was clean, comfortable bed and really hot water for showers. Convenient location, near airport and easy to get to where you like. Near by a fair amount of restaurants, but again easy to take a short ride to all the places to eat and shoppe you need. Check in and out is fast. Staff was friendly and helpful. A good place to lay your head at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this property because of the convenience to the freeway (it's a high-rise so easy to spot), a short 15-minute drive into downtown Vancouver, fridge, exercise room, and free parking. I thought they advertised a microwave but I must have mis-read that. The room was actually quite spacious with additional seating in the form of an older leather chair and ottoman that had seen better days because of all the tears. Otherwise it was nice to have someplace else to sit besides the bed. There is a desk too so another seating option. The rooms are either very well insulated since I didn't hear my neighbors, or, there weren't any other visitors around me! The air conditioner worked, but not as well as the ones in the hallways, which were much cooler than my room. All staff were courteous, unlike some of the other reviews I've read here. The location is close to all the Asian shops in Richmond which is one of the main reasons I chose this place, the Richmond Night Market, and the River Rock Casino. All in all an OK place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel itself was just ok, and one of the staff was very helpful, but one guy behind the counter was a total jerk and had a chip on his shoulder. When I checked in he was rude to me. Later I asked if there was a list of places to eat nearby, and he snapped "NO! There's nothing around here!". That was totally not true because there's a restaurant attached to the hotel, and a couple more walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank socal2ma

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

cobourg
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel through priceline. We have two small dogs and since the hotel is supposedly pet friendly and close to the airport we thought it would be the perfect place to stay.

First off, the location was great- about 5-10 minutes to the airport - Tops- they have a free shuttle which is also convenient. (We did not use it though) A few decent restaurant close by, Denny's IHOP and Moxies all within 5 minutes walking distance, and some fast food A&W and Quiznos close by as well.

The staff at the hotel were fairly hostel... Acted like it was a chore to check us in. Since we booked on priceline, apparently the room that we booked and is always automatically booked is a smoking room. They gave us a non smoking room without us asking because they had one available the night we checked in. Then the next day they told us we would have to move all of our stuff out of the room until 3pm check-in because the room that we were staying in was booked by someone else. I asked them why they had even bothered to put us in a non smoking room in the first place if we were going to have to move all our stuff out and keep it in the lobby the next day anyways. The girl at the front desk told me that she was going to call the police on me. Nice customer service. They also suggested that I take the luggage from my room and keep it in my car until 3pm check in... (what!?!) And next time to book on their website directly to get a preferred room. (Well if it weren't for expedia/priceline I never would have known to book here in the first place).

There are two elevators at the hotel but there may as well have been none.. At any given point in time during our three night stay at least one if not both of the elevators were out of order. A gentleman came out of the elevator in the lobby and said he had been in there for over 5 minutes. If you have mobility issues, this might not be the hotel for you.

Our first room was decent- a little older but clean. It was on the second floor since we had dogs, and apparently if you are travelling with pets you MUST be on the second floor. The second night they moved us to the fifth floor... (The insanity!!!! Dogs on the fifth floor!?!) That room definitely smelled like stale cigarettes and had numerous burn holes on the chaise and ottoman as well as the bedding. That stuff really didn't bother us, but I figure it's worth mentioning.

When you have pets there is a cleaning charge of $50 for the first night and then $10 every additional night. Since they forced us to move rooms after the first night they tried to charge us $50 for the first night AND $50 for the second night. As if. People booking into the hotel with pets must stay on the 2nd floor. Also, they say that (although we paid $50 as a cleaning fee) we MUST take the stairs- and could not use the elevator. Well that turned out to not be a problem because 90% of the time I got tired of waiting for the one elevator to come to the lobby to take us to the fifth floor that we ended up walking up the stairs anyways. There is a nice patch of grass for the dogs to run around and play on so that was an added bonus.

This place would probably be decent if we weren't travelling with pets, but the whole experience left a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth. Stay because of the location and only if you're in the area for a night, but you can probably stay somewhere else with a better atmosphere and where your hard earned dollars are appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iheartfood2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were only here one night, but wish we had stayed longer. A lovely room and convenient shuttle bus. It was good value for money and the staff were nice. Didn't get a chance to try the pool and would recommend getting the bus to the station to go downtown rather than walking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple