“No problems here.”

Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Saskatchewan
“No problems here.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Booked through Expedia for $79 a night. Checkin is so fast when done that way. Just give them your name, Credit card that room was paid for , and literally we had our key in 30 seconds. Free parking in large lot. ( Many are not in the area, as my review of the Westin Wall in Vancouver will atest too).
Back to the Travelodge. Room was nice enough, very clean, everything worked, bed was a bit hard but you can't get everything ya want at $79 a night. I slept well. No real noises that night, except for the airport plane noise . That SHOULD be expected though when you are a mile from the airport. Room had a fridge, microwave, and all amenities. It was just fine. (It was also a smoking room which we has booked) All in all VERY GOOD experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I spent my first two nights in Vancouver at the Travelodge Hotel. Since my flight arrived pretty late, I didn't want to go all the way to Downtown. The hotel offers an airport shuttle, which goes every 30 min. That makes it easy to go to the hotel, especially if you're tired after a long flight. My room was clean and had a nice view out on Richmond (9th floor). The bed was very comfortable and I would have fallen into a deep sleep if the fridge wouldn't have been so loud. I'm usually not easy annoyed by noises, but that fridge bothered me.
Breakfast was not included, but there's a Tim Hortons 5 Minutes away from the hotel. Cheap coffee and delicious snacks.
Since there is not much to see in Richmond, the hotel is ideal to recover from a long flight and fully "arrive" in Vancouver. Or to prepare for the flight back home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was probably the worst experience I had with a Priceline hotel. I arrived at the hotel for check-in at 11 pm. I was traveling with my wife and my two children (a preschooler and an infant). The person at the front desk, Paul (title: Night Manager), told me that they only have a smoking room available and that this was because I did not book with the hotel directly with them and went through Priceline. There was absolutely no way I was going to stay in the smoking room because I was with two small children. Neither I, nor my wife, are smokers and my wife cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke.

I was offered a non-smoking room for an extra $10 per night, on top of what I had already paid. Paul said this was because the non-smoking room they have is a suite and costs more than the type of room I had booked through Priceline. I protested this because this was a rip-off attempt. Why should I pay extra for a non-smoking room when I had already paid for one through Priceline. He wanted to see the Priceline receipt which I showed to him. Nowhere in the Priceline receipt did it say that I had booked a smoking room. Even after seeing the receipt, he would not budge. He told he simply didn’t have any rooms available so I was given two choices: 1) Stay in the smoking room, or 2) Pay $10 extra per night for a non-smoking room.

I told the Night Manager that because it was late night and since he is not giving me any other options, I will suck it up and pay the extra $10 per night but I would contact Priceline to submit my complain. I also told him that I would put this in the review and would never stay at a Travelodge hotel again.

The Night Manager was putting the entire blame on Priceline and me, saying that if I had not booked through Priceline I would not be in this situation where I was. He said this what usually happens with people book through Priceline. This was such a ridiculous argument and I told him that I had booked through Priceline many times in the past. In fact I stayed at another Travelodge hotel in Langley, BC that I booked through Priceline and had no problems.

Finally the manager, after seeing that I was not going to easily hand him the extra $10 per night fee, told me he would try to find a room. After about 10 minutes of working on his computer, he was able to magically produce a non-smoking room but told me this was reserved for another guest. How ridiculous is that?

So all of this at check-in time made this stay a very bad experience for me and my family. The hotel room was so tiny that there was hardly any place to walk around, let alone space to put our luggage and the stroller. Between the two queen beds, there was barely space to walk.

The blankets were so dirty that they had spots (possibly blood). I had to ask them to send me replacement blankets which they did.

I am never going to stay at this hotel again and I will be more careful about making a hotel reservation through Priceline especially for a 2-star hotel. I think the 2-star rating is not correct. This hotel should be rated 1-star or 1 and a half star at best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tariq2009

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Victoria
Reviewed May 8, 2013

One more weekend at this fine hotel! I stay here on each visit to this area and I am always happy to do so. The accommodations are clean and comfortable and the staff are helpful and pleasant.
The prices give good value as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Masset, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

was a nice hotel. the restaraunt and lounge had good service and good food except for the hard unconfortable bed we had a good stay the front desk staff were quick and friendly .we took a cab from the airport even though there was a free shuttle but took the shuttle back to the airport in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple