“Excellent like last time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport

Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent like last time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here one night in September and one more night on Dec 30 and as usual, this hotel was a wonderful choice!

It is close to A&W, a Korean barbecue restaurant, a Japanese food markey, Quizno's sub's and then a short walk the other way is Dollarama and Tim Horton's.

I ate for the first time at the hotel restaurant and it was delicious. I had the chicken pot pie with caesar salad and they have many choices and great food.

There are lots of good TV channels, spacious bathroom with shampoo, soap, lotion and towels.

There also is a shuttle bus to the airport which makes it convenient.

I asked for a late check-out and the girl at front desk was happy to give it to me with no problem. The staff are always friendly.

The bed with the blankets and nice pillows is so comfortable I didnt want to get out of bed!

Thanks again for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: This time I stayed on the 9th floor and it was great and I heard no noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here the night before leaving for a 6 week vacation, as the flight was very early in the morning.. and also on our return as the flight came in really late. The location is perfect for the airport and there is a free shuttle from 4.00 a.m. - 12.30 a.m. The staff are extremely courteous and the rooms exceeded my expectations with comfortable furnishings and bedding. So much so that we decided to stay an extra night to get over our jetlag before heading home on Vancouver Island.
The restaurant and bar were good (The Pantry), and the service excellent. On Sundays they have a buffet brunch from 9.00 a.m.- 2.00p.m. with a cost of $14.99 - excellent with so many hot and cold choices - (from sausages and eggs to baked salmon, chicken and beef!)
Even if not flying out, this is a great location for shopping or visiting in Richmond, next to major roads and shopping centres without being noisey. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice on budget but not convenient if you don't hire a car.
I got a one queen but the room is big.
There is a coach and tonnes of open space.
Unlike others my room has no funny smell.
There is a small hot tub in the property but not too many ppl are using it so it is good enough.

• Stayed December 2012
Kamloops, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I arrived to a room which had an irritating odour and notices a cigarette burn on the chair. A non-smoking room???? I give credit to the front desk staff of reassigning me to another room.
The first room was on the 3rd floor, the room I stayed in was on the 9th floor. What a difference! So be sure to ask for the upgrade!
The hotel needs to look at the small details of cleaning and overall appearance. For example, the lights showing the floors in the elevator do not light.
The price may be right but the price is listed as a special -- I would not want to pay the regular price.
Needs some attention to the physical. The staff I met were superb -- they are well trained for a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Insist on an upgrade to the upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TravelodgeYVR, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Lionel 1953,
First of all, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We appreciate the feedback and take all of guest’s comments to heart. It is unfortunate we were unable to provide for you what you had expected; we would like to ensure you that your experience is an isolated one. Customer service is integral to our industry and we will be sure to share all of the comments from Trip Advisor (both good and bad) during our next daily staff meeting so they may be able to see how much service impacts our business. I will also share your comments with the restaurant so they too can make the necessary changes to ensure a positive guest experience. We invite you to try us again the next time you are in the Vancouver Airport area and we will be sure to not disappoint you.

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

penticton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We spent one night here and the room was quiet and comfortable. We were in a non smoking room but smoke was coming through from someone else's room. The location is out of the way if you are visiting Vancouver. The staff are rude and stuffy. Breakfast isn't included in the rate but there is a restaurant in the hotel.Our room had a coffee maker but not a fridge or microwave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank colinallister
TravelodgeYVR, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for bringing your dissatisfaction with our hotel to our attention. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced at the Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we appreciate your bringing this issue to our attention. We would like to ensure you that your experience is an isolated one. We do have a full service restaurant operated by The Pantry Restaurant also we do have a bed & breakfast package as well. Again I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation and would like to apologize.
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Okay, I had very few criteria for my overnight stop in Vancouver: I wanted a place close to the airport (with a shuttle if necessary), I didn't want to pay too much (I am cheap), I wanted to feel somewhat safe and I wanted a hotel with quiet guests or at least good insulation. THIS PLACE WAS PERFECT! Note I did not say "I wanted to bask in luxurious comfort" - if you do, there are other, more expensive places around. I think I only had to wait 10 minutes or so for the shuttle bus. The front guest staff were all young people, very polite and professional. Hotel on the outside looks great, on the inside it looks pretty 70s but that's okay. Elevator was so old it had an ashtray (though the entire hotel is non-smoking, like every hotel in that area I believe). My room was on the sixth floor. The room was, well, it was kinda old, with old carpets and such, but it was clean. Bed was comfy, linen was clean. TV was kinda clunky. They don't have stuff like shampoo out for consumption but if you go to the front desk you'll get your free toiletries as needed. We did go down to the attached restaurant for a couple beers and expensive appetizers but that's just Vancouver (B.C. stands for BRING CASH one traveling friend said). When I went out to the smoking area I noticed the people staying there, at least that cross section, were older, or professional, and sure enough I enjoyed a quiet sleep. I can't say I was surprised, either pleasantly or unpleasantly, and I got what I paid for. In the same circumstances where I needed a quick overnight stay near the airport I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Max W,
Thank you for choosing our hotel as your stays in Vancouver. We are pleased to hear the great comment from you. We hope to see you again soon and provide the warmest service to you again. Have a great Christmas season.
Qualicum Beach, B.C.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

You know how when you have an early flight and think "I don't want to pay much for a few hours sleep"? Mistake. Room on the second floor was non smoking but smelled of stale smoke. I was charged $50 pet fee for one night, according to the manager because they have to clean the carpets. I doubt that the carpets have been cleaned this decade. The positives were that it was easy to get to from the transit 620 bus and that they had a shuttle to the airport. I think from seeing other reviews that it depends on which floor you are on. Some floors seem newer, certainly the ones featured other photos.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo