“Perfect for low-maintenance travellers on a budget”

Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Okay, I had very few criteria for my overnight stop in Vancouver: I wanted a place close to the airport (with a shuttle if necessary), I didn't want to pay too much (I am cheap), I wanted to feel somewhat safe and I wanted a hotel with quiet guests or at least good insulation. THIS PLACE WAS PERFECT! Note I did not say "I wanted to bask in luxurious comfort" - if you do, there are other, more expensive places around. I think I only had to wait 10 minutes or so for the shuttle bus. The front guest staff were all young people, very polite and professional. Hotel on the outside looks great, on the inside it looks pretty 70s but that's okay. Elevator was so old it had an ashtray (though the entire hotel is non-smoking, like every hotel in that area I believe). My room was on the sixth floor. The room was, well, it was kinda old, with old carpets and such, but it was clean. Bed was comfy, linen was clean. TV was kinda clunky. They don't have stuff like shampoo out for consumption but if you go to the front desk you'll get your free toiletries as needed. We did go down to the attached restaurant for a couple beers and expensive appetizers but that's just Vancouver (B.C. stands for BRING CASH one traveling friend said). When I went out to the smoking area I noticed the people staying there, at least that cross section, were older, or professional, and sure enough I enjoyed a quiet sleep. I can't say I was surprised, either pleasantly or unpleasantly, and I got what I paid for. In the same circumstances where I needed a quick overnight stay near the airport I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeYVR, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Hotel Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Max W,
Thank you for choosing our hotel as your stays in Vancouver. We are pleased to hear the great comment from you. We hope to see you again soon and provide the warmest service to you again. Have a great Christmas season.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

You know how when you have an early flight and think "I don't want to pay much for a few hours sleep"? Mistake. Room on the second floor was non smoking but smelled of stale smoke. I was charged $50 pet fee for one night, according to the manager because they have to clean the carpets. I doubt that the carpets have been cleaned this decade. The positives were that it was easy to get to from the transit 620 bus and that they had a shuttle to the airport. I think from seeing other reviews that it depends on which floor you are on. Some floors seem newer, certainly the ones featured other photos.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear comfortseeker1,
First of all, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We appreciate the feedback and take all of guest’s comments to heart. It is unfortunate we were unable to provide for you what you had expected; we would like to ensure you that your experience is an isolated one. Customer service is integral to our industry and we will be sure to share all of the comments from Trip Advisor (both good and bad) during our next daily staff meeting so they may be able to see how much service impacts our business. I will also share your comments with the restaurant so they too can make the necessary changes to ensure a positive guest experience. We invite you to try us again the next time you are in the Vancouver Airport area and we will be sure to not disappoint you.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I will not stay here again as the customer service at check in was horrible. Never have I had to pay a $100 cash deposit to stay in a hotel near the airport we regularily stay at a hotel near by but it was unavailable.this time. The front desk person was extremely rude all we had on us was US money so they forced us to except there exchange rate but we get Canadian back in the morning so we loose money. Very unsatisfied customer non smoking room smells like smoke, in serious need of an updating.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana A

Dear Snoopy218,
First of all, we apologize for the inconvenienceduring your stay. We appreciate the feedback and take all of guest’s comments to heart. It is unfortunate we were unable to provide for you what you had expected; we would like to ensure you that your experience is an isolated one. We have recently completed extensive renovations at our property including the in room electronics (clock radios, 37” Flat Panel TV’s, refrigerators, beds, etc. Wi-Fi was also upgraded in May of this year). From many guest feedback survey’s, guests list WIFI (free) as the most important hotel amenity, we work hard to ensure our guests receive the best possible connections and in follow up to your comments we will be testing our signal throughout the hotel and will make the necessary changes. We are a family friend hotel and our focus is to ensure families feel welcome, safe and comfortable which is why our brand mascot is a Sleepy Bear. Customer service is integral to our industry and we will be sure to share all of the comments from Trip Advisor (both good and bad) during our next daily staff meeting so they may be able to see how much service impacts our business. I will also share your comments with the restaurant so they too can make the necessary changes to ensure a positive guest experience. We invite you to try us again the next time you are in the Vancouver Airport area and we will be sure to not disappoint you

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stay here twice each year and haven't been disappointed yet. The service is excellent the accommodations are clean and comfortable. Prices are comparable with others and there are a couple of restaurants nearby.

I like it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Robert,

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were supposed to be staying at the Executive Inn Express Richmond. My review of our non-experience there is posted under its own name. We were 'walked' to the Travelodge.

Our experience at the Travelodge was excellent. We were welcomed and treated extremely well.

The staff that we dealt with at the front desk, George Yeung and Alana, were very kind and accommodating in dealing with what our expectations were from the Executive Inn. I felt that they really wanted to do their best for us. We had someplace that we needed to go to and were unsure of how to do it and Alana went over and above to find the address, look up the directions and print it out for us. We were very pleased with the service of these two people in particular.

We had our breakfast included (it was not supposed to be but they honored it as it was part of the package from the other hotel) and it was fine.

We were very happy with our room here and our stay was made so pleasant by the staff.

The hotel is withing walking distance to the River Rock Casino. There is also a Costco just down the road.

I would recommend this hotel and would return there myself.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Edmonton Cruisin,
We are pleased to hear the great feedback from you. It’s such a warm and useful comment to us. We will keep up our professional work attitude and provide the best service to the guests. We are looking forward to see you visit Vancouver and stay with us again. Thank You

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Handicap rooms are not wheelchair accessible. No grab bars or shower chair in the restrooms. Staff not able to tell you the truth if they cannot handle people in wheelchair, but the housekeeping staff was more helpful and goes out of their means to help you, not like the front desk. I would not recommend handicap folks to book this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here the night of Sept 21, after a long journey from Europe. I thought the place was wonderful!! The shuttle bus service was excellent and was still running at 11:30 pm. The front desk both in the evening and the morning were friendly and smiling, along with the maids.

I had a king size room and it was beautifully spotless and the bed was really comfortable. They put lots of towels for me, toiletries and cups and I wish I could have stayed longer.

It seems to be in a good location with A & W, Moxi's, and a Mexican restaurant across the street/near by. There is also a Tim Horton's very close to.

The whole hotel in general looked very clean to me. I am not sure why people complain so much about it. I think if you are a simple budget traveller, and not someone who looks for all the negative's, you would really enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo