“Interesting experience but be prepared to pay for parking.”

Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Interesting experience but be prepared to pay for parking.”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I was in Vancouver in July to attend a wedding in Richmond BC. Naturally, I searched up the hotel prices and those in downtown Vancouver were $$$. Since the wedding was in Richmond, I decided to stay in Richmond and found a good deal at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. The hotel is connected to the airport so when I landed, I simply grabbed my luggage and walked right over to the international end of the airport where the hotel was located to check in. Staff were courteous, polite and helpful and check in was fast. Unlike most other times where I take the sky train, this time my friends rented a car. We forgot to factor in the valet parking which came to approximately $30 a day. For those staying at Fairmont YVR, remember to consider your parking expenses. Aside from that , hotel room was spacious and clean (open double windows from bathroom to bedroom was a bit strange for a family of four sharing accommodations). The gym was excellent with a view overlooking departures. Pool is a bit small but would be fun for kids splashing around.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
FairmontYVR, Manager at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Thank you for your posting. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quesnel, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Definitely my favorite place to stay when passing through the Vancouver area. The rooms are amazing and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Arrived 3am from JFK, hotel well signposted from arrivals. While there was a queue of people at reception the staff dealt with them quickly and efficiently. Room spacious and luxurious, and very comfortable bed. Staff in particular friendly, helpful and eager to do anything to assist. They even offered to store our luggage until our return from a 2 day trip at no charge! I am sometimes dubious about airport hotels, but this one I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
FairmontYVR, Manager at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Thank you for your posting. It is always gratifying to know that we have met the needs and expectations of our guests. Comments such as yours confirm to us that we are maintaining consistently high standards of service. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Fairmont Vancouver Airport in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Stayed here for one night prior to getting on a cruise ship. Was booked for us as part of the cruise package, so we didn't have much of a say in where we were staying. But we shouldn't have worried. Absolutely fantastic. Great location - right in the airport about a 10 minute walk from international arrivals. Check in was a bit of a palaver, but only because everyone arrived at the same time. Our room was amazing with views of the airport runway, two huge comfy beds with more pillows that you would ever need and a huge bathroom. The only slightly weird thing was the shutters between the bathroom and the bedroom. It meant you could lie in the bath and look out of the huge windows, but there wasn't much noise reduction between the bathroom and the bedroom.

There was absolutely no noise whatsoever from the runway and the telescope by the window allowed to look at all the planes coming in and across Vancouver itself. The bar in the hotel was lovely, with big comfy sofas and good value snacks. For breakfast, just walk back into the airport and eat at one of the restaurants there.

All in all a great location for an aiport stop over.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
YLW
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel was perfect. No complaints at all. The service is outstanding. Food was great. The staff were so helpful and attentive even with the kids. The airport was so close we watched the planes take off and land at night which was cool and surprisingly there was no noise at all. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
victoria
Reviewed August 18, 2010

At the end of twenty hours worth of travelling from Manzanillo Mexico, to Victoria, I had an eight hour lay over in Vancouver. I was exhausted and just need a place to crash. The guy at the front desk Javi, pretty much saved my sanity. He gave me a discount for being military, and I felt like he went out of his way to make sure I had a great stay. The room itself was probably the biggest room l I have ever satyed in. Two huge queen beds very comfortable, a large bathroom with a luxury tub and shower. I really enjoyed the tub. There was also a scope for viewing the mountains in the room that I appreciated, and a nice flatscreen T;V. My only complaint was that the room was a little dusty and it took awhile for the hot water to warm up. Overall awesome stay and I appreciated the service especially from the front desk.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your posting. We were pleased to learn that you had a comfortable and memorable stay, and your kind comments about Ravi are most appreciated. Please be assured that your comments regarding your room have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper for follow up. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Fairmont Vancouver Airport.
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed twice in the hotel. First stay was on July 4. Encountered the back rest of the bed full of dust !! On check out I received a luke warm apology and was promised an upgrade on my next stay. Leaving Vanouver I had to stay again in the hotel. I send them a mail one day before arriving, asking for a clean room. We arrived and everything looked great. The next morning my wife was looking for an earring and.......suprise.....under the bed was a great filthy spot of 10 inch diameter. Nobody cleaned under the bed for weeks. By the way, I am presidents club member. If you like a clean room...better look for a different place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank PuraVidaCR1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Bridgeport
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#2 of 90 in Vancouver

Been to Fairmont Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!