“Great Hotel”

Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I stayed at the hotel because a friend and I had an early morning flight to Tokyo. The hotel was really great although as a modern hotel it lacks the ambiance that draws me to the Fairmont heritage hotels in Canada. I loved the fact that if I hadn't been sharing the room with my friend I could have opened the shutters and sat in the bath watching flights take off on the runway. The bathroom by the way is lovely. The room was nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. The airport view is fantastic if like me you love airplanes.
Best of all we were able to get up in the morning, check in for our flight and the return to the room for a shower and some relaxation before we had to pass through security.
If you are trying to justify the price of this hotel you can save a few $ by eating your meals at the fast food chains in the airport.
I know that BCAA members and BC residents receive a discount on rooms.
I plan to stay there again as soon as possible!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 31, 2009

Have stayed at this Fairmont several times before catching a flight home to the U.S.A.

Friendly, helpful staff and stunning views of YVR, perfect for the aviation enthusiast. Totally soundproof, can't hear even a bit of airplane noise.

Beautifully appointed rooms! Great bar/restaurant/food!

On this visit I was upgraded to an incredible suite because they did not have any other King bed room available for me.

Spa is lovely but pricey.

Love, love, love this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed January 29, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel twice now, both times because we had to catch a flight early in the morning. This last time, we had been flying for 15 hours and dealt with delays that only got us to Vancouver at 2 am. We were so tired and cranky. But once we got to the Fairmont, we felt a thousand times better. The staff is friendly and quick. And a soak in the tub in the beautiful bathroom was all it took to make us feel less weary. The beds are huge and really comfortable with lots of soft pillows. It's a bit pricey considering most people probably don't spend much time here except to sleep. But the luxury of stepping off of your plane and practically into bed is priceless.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2009

Having stayed at this hotel many times, it is always a great start to our vacations. I felt compeled to post a review because of the outragrous complains on sated on another review.

The hotel is a hidden oasis away from the hectic airport atmosphere. The staff is absolutely wonderful and are there to answer any questions. The rooms at the hotel are to the highest quality, with the most comfortable beds and linens. The washrooms are huge with a large bathtub and seperate shower. Also, the view from the rooms are simply amazing, with views over all the planes, the mountains, and the ocean.

The services are also excellent, the spa and pool are excellent, and th restaurant is also nice.

This hotel is one of the best and is a wonderful start to any vacation!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank frequentflyer10
Reviewed December 14, 2008

I walked in to the front desk and was able to get a suite that same night with no reservation. How lovely I was bone tired and had missed the last flight out. Although I was only in the hotel less than 8 hours it left a huge impression. What luxury. The only problem with the suite was that I couldn't stay longer!!!

For the usual Fairmont price I got a fully loaded hotel suite and the biggest bathroom i've ever seen in my life! The staff were lovely and inviting despite my predicament.

I was impressed how integrated the hotel is with the airport, it's like it's own terminal and there is an escalator.

The room was SPOTLESSLY CLEAN. Just perfect housekeeping. I even liked the soaps and lotions they offer, they were better than the caustic soaps you usually get at some hotels. The bed was to comfortable for my short night, it was hard to get out of it, the shower was HUGE, the view of the hotel tarmac was very unexpected and I loved waving to the staff below.

If the price wasn't so prohibitive, I would stay at this hotel again, for one night when you're tired and desperate for a bed and a shower you may pay that price but for anything longer it seems a bit costly!

Overall this was a perfect stay and much too short IMO!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank ikuyaso
Reviewed December 4, 2008

Stayed here one night with wife and kids while traveling through YVR. Had a deluxe room with a great view of the tarmac. Overall a very nice room and excellent service. Incredibly convenient if you are catching an early morning flight. The Globe restaurant in the hotel is also great. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We stayed one night at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. The location can't be beat, if you are flying in or out - just a little walk from the terminal - you don't even have to go outside.

Our room was probably an average style with 2 queen beds + standard table & chairs. You can see some higher-end finishes and fixtures, but the bathroom doors including separate toilet stall door were louver (like shutters). Every little noise from folding toilet paper to brushing teeth was audible from outside the bathroom! It may be okay if you are staying alone, but it could be extremely uncomfortable otherwise.

The exterior walls seem to be pretty well insulated, since the airplane noise was not much of a concern. The next door neighbors on the other sides of the interior walls, however, would have been hearing our alarm clock & our conversations as we could certainly hear theirs...

Wireless internet costs you $14/day. Not a perk since many other hotels offer complimentary wireless access.

I will not stay at this hotel in the future if I can help it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business