“Great Airport Hotel”

Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The location of this hotel can't be beat. I don't always want to take a cab ride somewhere nor do I want to head into the city so I love the location of this hotel.
And, it is a Fairmont which means that it isn't a bargain in terms of price but service and decor are top-notch.
The only downside is that there is a sliding door that separates the bathroom from the bedroom and it isn't very discreet in terms of muffling sounds if you are sharing with a non-family member.
Nice bar in the lobby with a cool cocktail list-try the honey infused cocktail with honey from the bees on the rooftop!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Vancouver Airport

Reviewed May 23, 2013

With the door many waiting at the bottom of th escalator with a big smile with my key to stunning room over looking the airfield. Absolutely no noise and perfect quiet air conditioning. Love the biconulars to watch the planes. The king bed is very comfortable as they are at all Fairmonts. What I love about thei place from the plane door to bed in under 20 minutes including 10 minute shower.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I needed a vacation and since I had miles I needed to use, I decided to go to Vancouver. I've been once before, but only for a couple hours. This time, I stayed for two days. I decided to choose the Fairmont Vancouver Airport because one, its centrally located at the airport and two, there are great views.

Now since my flight only cost me approximately $65 with a $50 upgrade to first class on Alaska to Seattle, I thought why not splurge a bit.

I booked the Fairmont Gold Studio King room. Fairmont Gold room are all located on the top floor (14th floor). When I initially booked the room, I asked for a room facing airport operations/runway views. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. I was advised, via email, to arrived at the 14th floor for the Fairmont Gold check-in desk. I gave my name, swiped my card and received my key card all in approximately two minutes if not less.

My room (1401) faced north with not only views of the airport, but of the beautiful mountains. The room itself was nicely decorated and large. When I entered the room, there was soft music playing to greet meet me. The studios are approximately (513-540 sqft.) I found a small plate of airplane shaped cookies and bite-sized chocolates. Nice touch. The floor to ceiling windows were huge. They also provided a small pair of binoculars. I would have preferred a spotting scope, but one cannot be picky.

Provided was a minibar with typically expensive drinks and snacks. However, in the lounge located behind the check-in desk, soft drinks, teas and juices were free.

The bathroom was nice and large. I've stayed in a hotel in Europe that size of this bathroom. There is a large soaker tub with jets, which was nice with my back injury. His-hers sinks, separate shower and a water closet. I suppose that is a fancy-shmancy way of saying toilet room or what have you.

There was lots of storage space featuring two coatrooms. An umbrella was provided along with the standard ironing board. There was a safe, however, and this is a BIG however; it was small. It would not hold my 15" MacBook Pro. Trust me...I tried. Anything smaller was fine.

The staff were very nice and friendly including the cleaning crew.

For free breakfast and evening canapés are provided in the lounge behind the Fairmont Gold check-in desk on the 14th floor as well. Now you won't get the Full English here, but a selection of meats, breads, cheeses and a couple of warm foods are provided. For me, this was more than enough. With views of the airport and the mountains, one would not want to leave.

I did not venture out to check out the rest of the hotel. They have a spa, workout centre and bar, etc. Since the hotel is connected directly with the airport, there are some pre-security shops and food establishments. Again, I did not venture to check them out.

Parking would be the only gripe I have with the hotel. Valet, which I used, was $38 per day, if I can remember correctly. The valet service is located at the front of the hotel, which happens to be located on the departure level of the airport. They also offer $10 self parking via airport parking. I was too lazy to even figure out where this was.

One nice feature is that Fairmont Gold offers free wifi, which for me is a BIG DEAL!!!

Fairmont Vancouver Airport, thank you again for a pleasant first time with the chain. I sure will come back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank speedbrds1
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Very handy if you just need to stay overnight between flights. We found the staff extremely helpful and the room big enough for a roll-away bed (at no additional charge). Comfortable bed, enjoyable room service and a great view of the runways. Look out for the Fairmont Great Rates Great Dates for good prices.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
FairmontYVR, Director of Sales at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hello Leanwate,

Thank you very much for your recent review on The Fairmont Vancouver Airport. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the services of the roll away bed and the views from the room. Please ensure to notify a member of our reservations team if you wish to stay with us in the future as they would be delighted to assist with any future requests you may have.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel is at the far end of the airport and on the second floor. Upon entering the hotel space, the elegance and luxury spills out. The check in person was so nice and friendly at 12 midnight. The room was beautiful and sophisticated. Love the sideboard on the TV stand with every plug you can imagine. Also loved the quick hot water tea kettle. Nice touch. My room overlooked the West Jet terminal which was fun to watch. Note, that the meals are very expensive - breakfast was $40.00 CDN. Taxi service and valet service is directly below the hotel outside of the terminal. The bar appeared to be very nice from the walk by. The only negative is that the hotel charges for internet. Considering the price of the stay, internet should be included. Highly recommended to those who wish an elegant experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the terminal if you like to watch the airplanes and activity on the groun...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
FairmontYVR, Director of Sales at Fairmont Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello MicheleC106,

The team here at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport greatly appreciates the time you have taken to write a review on our hotel. We very much enjoy how you have highlighted the new bedside plugs we have recently installed. All of your feedback is most certainly taken into consideration and will be passed along to the leaders of our operations team. We would also like to take this opportunity to note that Fairmont President's Club members do receive complimentary access to wireless internet, and that there is no cost associated to being a Fairmont President's Club member. Please ensure to consider this as an option for the next time you choose to stay at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. Furthermore, our Reservations Team would be delighted to assists with any future reservation bookings you may wish to make at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport.

Safe future travels,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had a wonderful two night stay at the Fairmont Airport. The staff was excellent and the room was wonderful. Large tub to soak in and I could watch tv as I soaked! they gave me two wake up calls and also knocked on my door to make sure I was up. Excellent hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear AndreaPPP,

Thank you greatly for writing a recent review on our hotel. We love how you were able to highlight that our guests have a clear sight to their television set from the room’s soaker baths, a feature that was keenly designed during the structuring of The Fairmont Vancouver Airport. Please ensure to notify a member of our team of any future stays that you may wish to make at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport as they would be delighted to assist with requests you may have.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed May 16, 2013

On our return from vacation, we decided to stay overnight in Vancouver before heading home to Victoria. We chose the Fairmont Vancouver Airport as we flew in here and were leaving from here. It is located in the International Terminal. It is a very well appointed hotel with spa. We chose a Fairmont Gold room on the 14th floor. The room was large and spacious, with a wonderful jetted tub (complete with wonderful bath salts!). The food and drink available at the lounge were excellent. The eggs in the morning...well they were sublime. As the lounge attendant said: can't go wrong with cream and butter. Indeed. They are addictive. The snacks at night were great as well. A great hotel with better than average facilities for an airport hotel. The food was great as well.

Room Tip: Rooms on 14th floor facing airport...great views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JuttaO,

Wow! Thank you kindly for writing such a lovely review on our hotel. We love how you have been able to highlight the services and your experience on Fairmont Gold. Please ensure to notify a member of our reservations team on any future stays you wish to make at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport. We hope you had a save travel back to the island, and look forward to seeing you soon.

The entire team here at The Fairmont Vancouver Airport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Bridgeport
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#3 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Fairmont Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!