Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
3,453 results
All reviewsgold floorglobe restaurantpresident's clubvancouver airportan early morning flightinternational terminalseparate showerlong flightnext morningbetween flightsair canadaconvenient locationcanada linerunwayconveniencetelescopeyvr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2011

An unplanned business trip in June led me to the Fairmont Vancouver Airport....my disappoint at unplanned travel was soon turned into delight as I stepped into the Fairmont Vancouver Airport! The hotel staff quickly checked me in and offered me a room with a mountain view!

My room was unbelievable! Large, spaciously and floor to ceiling windows over looking the mountains and runways! i could literally lay in bed and watch the planes.....with the mountains in the background!

The highlight of the room - the bathroom! A small army could fit in here! Two doors, a glass walk-in shower and the most amazing soaker tub! After a 12 hour work day nothing was more enjoyable then a bubble bath, a movie (YES the flat screen TV can be angled to the bath tub)!!! and a glass of wine (liquor store in the airport).

I was working at the airport and the convenience of the hotel being on-site was amazing! All the staff at the Fairmont lived up to the Fairmont reputation - polite, super friendly and very accommodating! Ona was the maid who cleaned my room and she was a delight! Wishing me a good day each and everyday!

The gym was a super and not at all like a small hotel gym. This gym was spacious and staffed! My only complaint was the equipment was locked down.....I was unable to get the bike or the elliptical to go above level 1 (staff couldn't fix it either). Other then that my workouts were just like home.

For business or pleasure this hotel is great! The great thing with Vancouver is you are not stuck at the airport - the sky train runs from the airport to DT every 10 mins or so. The trip is 25 mins! The 7-11sells a return trip sky train pass for $9.

Thanks to all the staff! I had a great week!

Room Tip: Request a mountain view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This is a great hotel with amazing rooms. It's a shame it's at the airport. I stay here whenever I'm connecting to early flights and I look forward to the visit. The beds are amazing and the rooms are very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here for one night before a morning flight out of the country. We had a King deluxe room with a view towards the runways,water and mountains. The Check in process was quick, friendly and easy. The staff there are really fantastic.

At first we were concerned that being airside it would be noisy but we honestly never heard a thing. The soundproofing is outstanding to the outside world. The Bed was comfortable and coy, the bathroom lovely and nice amenities throughout the room. The only thing I might complain about is the toilet room itself...it has a slatted door as do the doors the outer bathroom and is rather echo-y...so if you are shy about bathroom time, you'll need to find a noise distraction.

We sat in the lounge for a few hours and enjoyed the view, had afternoon tea early on and came back later for appies and cocktails. The service was friendly and the appies were very tasty.

The fitness facility at this hotel is well apointed, we didn't use the spa facilities this time round.

The check out process was quick and easy as well...we even bought some of the hotels signature honey before we left.

Room Tip: use the standby list for cheap upgrades
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Our family stayed here one night in advance of an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver, and one night following the cruise, simply for the sake of convenience as we'd never stayed at a Fairmont before and didn't have a hotel preference one way or another.

The hotel (much like everything in Vancouver) is tidy. They were two of the cleanest-feeling rooms we've ever stayed in anywhere. We joined Fairmont's Presidents Club online prior to our visit - it didn't get us much in the way of perks, aside from receiving a morning newspaper and a coupon for free milk and cookies for the kids to be delivered by room service (we opted not to order).

We were surprised that, despite our rooms overlooking one of the airport's busiest taxing/gate areas, we didn't hear a single plane at any point. Apparently the windows feature triple-thick glass. It was terrific.

I guess my only complaint would be the light switches in the room: They're a sort of push-button mechanism that turns them on and off, as well as dims or brightens the levels. The button for the bathroom was on a wall nearer to the sleeping area than the bathroom (kind of odd placement), and in our second room (505) the light would dim and brighten on its own repeatedly (think of a flashing neon sign, but not as bright). That was weird.

Also, on our second night's stay, as weird alarm sounded on our floor. While the staff came over the P.A. system and advised people not to use the elevators, there never was an explanation of what the problem had been or when it was safe to use the elevators again.

A couple of other gripes: The indoor pool area is pretty small, and one of the two pools (the smaller, kid-friendly one) was drained. The other pool featured a strong jet current which made it tough for the kids to swim. And the jacuzzi was INCREDIBLY, uncomfortably hot - too much for anyone of any age to sit in for longer than 5 minutes.

We had both a dinner and a breakfast in the hotel's restaurant, which is on the "fancy" side. The selection of dinner entrees was really limited, and everything was expensive, though the food was tasty. There is a breakfast buffet available for $20 per person, but the selections are somewhat limited. A regular breakfast menu is also available, as is a children's menu (with crayons!).

Out in the airport (to which the hotel is connected via an escalator) there are a ton of other faster-food dining options available. The airport also features a 7-11 store for items and snacks - that came in handy during our visit.

As nice as this hotel was, I probably wouldn't stay here again, if only because I'd liked to have seen more of Vancouver and the property is kind of isolated out at the airport (though the city's version of a subway does have a station at the airport and it is easy to get around the city on). But there's not much negative that I can say about this property, either.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I stayed at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport expecting it to be a Hilton type of accommodation. I left the hotel wishing all hotels were this nice. Even though the hotel in around eleven years old, it appears as if it was built yesterday. The rooms were sparkling clean and the technology added a convenience you never know could be possible. The soundproofed windows kept out all of the sound with the exception of very little sound when the planes were leaving the gate area. The service was great, too. The only downside: the hotel's Jaccuzzi was not much warmer than their pool, which was somewhat disappointing, but they had an 'endless' swimming pool to make it up.

Room Tip: Make President's Club account 4 free WiFi
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family