“Very nice hotel”

Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 8, 2007

Great hotel...room was large and the bathroom was excellent, large with seperate shower and the bathtub was big, I could lie out in it and I'm 6'1". If you have a lay-over in Vacouver airport it is the place to stay for sure! Highly recommend it.
We overlooked the runway, greta view.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Vancouver Airport

Reviewed October 31, 2007

I have stayed at this airport hotel many times for business and it remains my favourite. It's great if you have a late evening incoming flight, or an early morning outgoing, as it is attached to the airport.

The rooms are large. Many face the runway, but all are beautifully soundproofed. The bathroom is fantastic, whether you are a shower or bath person. The baths are larger than in any hotel that I have stayed in, as are the separate glass shower enclosures. I used the layout as a model for the ensuite in the house we have just built.

I love the temperature control feature that is built into the clock radio/ light switch. You can change temperature, turn lights on and off, and set the alarm withut leaving your bed.

The corridors are wide, and the check in area is convenient. The area
is well staffed, with usually very little wait. The workout area is fabulous with good equipment and lots of room in a purpose built facility with windows overlooking the airport check in area.

The lounge is comfortable, featuring B.C. wines, with views of the runway, often live piano music, and a double sided gas fireplace/
lounge area.

If I have a quibble, it is the restaurant. I have eaten there a number of times, and unless they have changed the chef, the food does
not live up to the rest of the property, although the prices are
those of a first class hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank neamster
Reviewed October 15, 2007

I travel @ 75 days per year. Stay all area's and am on expense accounts usually. Although a little pricey, this is by far one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at anywhere. Classy, no noise, quiet rooms, eager attentive staff, very fast check in and check out, EXCELLENT Eggs benedict!
Truly one of the nicest hotels I have expirienced. I usually stay at Westins exclusively and this is definatly a cut above.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2007

We stayed here for one night prior to our Alaskan Cruise. As other contributors have said the hotel is excellent. It was so nice after a 10 hour flight to be able to just walk to the other side of the airport and be at your hotel. We thought we'd be in line for ages to check in due to lots of fellow cruise passengers who were on our flight, but as soon as reception staff saw the queue other members of staff were called to get everyone checked in.
The reception staff were friendly and our room was well decorated, clean and spacious. The shower was great, like a mini wet room. The view of the mountains from our window was awesome. We heard no noise at all from the airport and sat for ages watching the planes land and take off.

We didn't eat here, however. We were just too tired to get dressed up for dinner on the evening, so we found a fast food pizza stand, in the morning we ate at a restaurant in the airport - can't recall the name but it was on a corner opposite a large seating area. All in all we were disappointed to only be staying one night!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank aduf12
Reviewed September 30, 2007

What a perfect location if you have to catch an early flight. We were immediately (within 5 minutes) checked in (early) and on being shown our room and my expressing disappointment about some staining on the carpet in front of the entertainment center,our room was changed within minutes! How much better service can you get than that?! Once the room change was approved (perfect),our luggage was moved..and we were called by the front desk to make sure we were happy. Great service from a really great hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2007

I stayed here on a one night stop-over on the way home. Never, in my life, have I slept on a more comfortable bed. I never wanted to leave. The room was beautiful, and the wide windows gave a unique view of the Vancouver Airport. It was wonderful to step off the plane at 1:15am and be in bed by 1:30am. In the morning my colleagues and I ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The food was good, but overpriced, $4.00 for a glass of orange juice seemed a little excessive.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My husband and stayed at this property before and after our cruise. I must say this is an excellent property and have no complaints whatsoever! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy and efficient checkin was and we were able to checkin early both before and after the cruise.
The first night we had a room on the 6th floor overlooking the runway and view of the mountains. The room is spacious and comfortable with a large bathroom and separate shower and large soaking tub. The toilet is also in a separate room.

The last night we had a room on the 11th floor which is the Hypoallergenic floor. No feather pillows or peanuts on this floor which was a nice surprise. I am allergic to feather pillows and my son is allergic to peanuts (even though he was not with us this was nice to know about this option).

The staff was very accomodating and we had a nice plate of chocolate dipped cookies in the shape of an airplane with fruit and 2 bottled waters delivered to our room as members of the President's club and a nice note from the GM.

I am a travel agent so I received a nice rate. Also having worked in the hotel industry in the past I tend to be more critical than the average traveler and could find no faults in this property.
The fact that it connects to the airport makes it that much more desirable.
I would not hesitate to recommend this property.

BTW the cost of a taxi to the Ballantyne Pier was $35 each way.
The cost of the YVR Airporter shuttle bus is $12 per person.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Bridgeport
Downtown
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Fairmont Pacific Rim
#3 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Fairmont Vancouver Airport? Share your experiences!