“Best Western Abercorn in Richmond BC”

Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Best Western Abercorn is within walking distance to the Bridgeport Sky Station. The Boathouse Restaurant. Across from Costco. Has a reliable shuttle service to and from the YVR. We stay here because of the location and the courteous staff. Rooms vary. I have given the rating a very good as the restaurant is not what it used to be. They are working on it, however it could be better. It is not that the food is bad. It has room for improvement. Liked the old style buffet breakfast. They have gone back to a limited menu breakfast. Still worth it. If you are driving. The location has easy access to downtown, YVR, Steveston, Surrey etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western P, Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Wibs39254,

Thank you for choosing your stay with Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn. We are glad that we were able to meet your accommodation needs.We appreciate your positive vision for the restaurant operation and thank you for letting us know. We do hope you return and look forward to the possibility of hosting you again!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had occasion to stay at this hotel overnight because of an early morning flight.
Hotel was very clean and the reception was courteous. Bed was comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was very good. Our only complaint was the occupants of the rooms next to ours where the inconsiderate people kept up the noise until 2am on one side of us and the other side of us a little dog was barking (although that stopped at a reasonable time). This was very annoying but I know I should have asked the desk clerk to put a stop to it. My fault. Other than that it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear JudySurrey_B_C_,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our service in general. Next time please definitely let front desk agents know, we can always coordinate noise situation for you to make sure every guest has a quality sleeping. We looking forward to provide you with another superior experience!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and myself checked in on Friday Feb 28 2014.We found the clerk very rude and not helpful.When asked where we parked our car for the duration of our trip she just grunted and said in the back,no directions of any kind,when I asked her opinion of what would be a good time for shuttle pickup for our flight time,she just glared at me as if to say you figure it out.We in the future will never stay at your hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deborah J
Best Western P, Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Deborah J,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I would also want to share your comment with our front-line members as a training purpose. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We boked into Best Western Abercorn Inn in Richmond BC Canada for the purpose of getting to the airport next day real early (we live in Chilliwach, 130 Km away from airport , our flight was leaving next day at 9:25 am, didn't want to risk missing the flight if travelling from home all the way, so we travelled the day before). Plus, the hotel offers a long term parking for a small fee if you park your car on hotel premises if you spend a night in the hotel (hotel shuttle takes you then to and from the airport every 1/2 hour).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western P, Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello Helmut_Sardis2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our service in general. We looking forward to provide you with another superior experience!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed here on a layover. Nice hotel and good value for dollar. Beds are great! Good location by YVR. No issues and would stay here again. Includes breakfast. Found the best rate on the hotel web site.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dana S,

Thank you for choosing your stay with Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn. We are glad that we were able to meet your accommodation needs. We do hope you return and look forward to the possibility of hosting you again!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I have been visiting the Abercorn Inn, annually since 1990 at the suggesting of friends who enjoyed the hospitality. Over the years it has had different management, however I have always found the staff to be super friendly and helpful. I would like to mention Steve and Nancy at the front desk and a newcomer: Lewis in the restaurant. These are the people that represent management and indeed represent the hotel so well. I note that there have been a few negative reviews recently. I think this must have been during the 'transition' period with new management. Let me encourage the readers of my review to experience the Abercorn. Although I only visit twice during the year I would not stay anywhere else in Richmond. The hotel has returned to the original breakfast concept of waiter service in the restaurant I feel this is the way forward. Previously breakfast was a buffet service in the bar area. I must admit, I did not think it did justice to so a fine hotel. I have stayed in many different rooms over the years. During my recent stay I enjoyed room #312. This is a huge room with a walk-in shower. The room is big enough to practice your.break-dancing and cartwheel routines, if you feel energetic! Deborah and the staff in the restaurant will give the customer excellent service during a memorable dinner. If you want a hotel near the airport, reasonable prices with efficient and attentive service then the Abercorn is the place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Hello Elgar,

Thank you very much for giving us a five star! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for the service in general. We looking forward to provide you with another superior experience!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Of the many places we stay in the lower mainland the Abercorn is without the ultimate stay when traveling by air . Great location very caring staff shuttle to and from airport great bank for your buck . Highly suggest choosing Abercorn for your stay in Richmond or when arriving by air .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello lonniej1957cruz,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and your positive recommendation! We were very happy to see the appreciation you had for our service in general. We looking forward to see you again!