“Extremely presentable”

Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed one night after returning from Heathrow, U.K. Presentation very nice in the rooms. Contrary to earlier review, I had no problem accessing the wi-fi and used it all morning. Had the free buffet breakfast which was great, waffles, sausages, scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. couldn't wish for better in a nice quiet restaurant. The shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel was timely and no problem. The bed was extremely comfortable. Only small criticism I found a faint odour of mustiness in the bathroom although it was spotless.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a rear room because of road noise on the main road out front, however hav...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Diana M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and to hear that you liked our breakfast. I will certainly pass your compliments down to chef!

Thank you once again and looking forward to seeing you at the Abercorn Inn in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have stayed here three times now and the value is good and the staff friendly and helpful.

Situated where it is, it is great for those late night return flights where it is too late to move on to the final leg of the journey. Close to the airport and skytrain station, so whether you park and fly or use transit, you are good.

The beds are super comfortable and we always get a good night's sleep here.

• Stayed: September 2012
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear chefNic75,

Thank you for your comments and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am also glad to hear that you are a loyal guest of ours. It would be lovely if I could say hi to you next time to thank you for your business. :)

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have stayed at the Abercorn many times. Last year we commented that the hotel was becoming shabby and needed some TLC. Management was listening and this time we noticed things were cleaner and brighter than last year. The staff on the front desk have always been friendly and helpful and we think the included breakfast is very good. Thanks for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear SuzieQPowellRiverBC,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and saw the improvements we have done! I hope to see you again in the near future as we continue to have new upgrades done to the property.

Thank you!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I made reservations a year in advance for this hotel for a quick overnight for our flight in and out of the airport for convenience. The shuttle service was very good (though we had to wait over a half hour), and the driver that picked us up from the airport was very nice. Our room was quite large, very clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Those were the good things. The bad: Room location was the worst for trying to get what limited sleep time we had available for that quick stay. We were put right next to the elevator with the stairway on the other side of us. Road noise from the busy road just outside the window. Constantly in use ice maker was across the hallway, as many children and noisy adults were filling buckets or coolers all night long. Needless to say all the activity through the thin door made sleep impossible. This was also an ADA room, and not sure why we were put there either...as it was not needed. If I were not so tired when we got there, I would have returned to the desk to be relocated. Early morning shuttle was there exactly on time for our early flight, and once again the driver was great.

Room Tip: Check your room location before settling in.
1  Thank nautifish

Dear nautifish,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay. We do have 9 different room types to offer, so I sincerely hope that you consider us again next time you are in town so that our front desk agents can choose the best room type & location for you.

Thank you again for you comments and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We checked in the hotel just for an overnight stay. We chose the hotel because of the free shuttle service to the airport. Other than the comfortable bed i saw nothing else that seemed new or redone. The hallway to our our room was very dark and hot and the lighting in our room was terrible too. The hotel elevator is very small and narrow and it made it very difficult to carry our luggage up. There is only one computer so it took a while to print our tickets for our flight the next day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy G

Dear NancyG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for you. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and failed to meet your expectations. We strive to provide the best we can for our guest and listen closely to what they have to say. We will be upgrading our business centre to provide two kiosks for our guests and provide better lighting in our hallways.

Please do consider staying with us again so that you may come back and say our upgrades! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Their advertising is not accurate. I am sure the motel was "upgraded in 2011" but it is still dark and dated. They advertise "free ultra high speed Internet" but our connection was less tha 500k and very unreliable, much slower than 3G. I informed the front desk. Their response: "must be too many people using it, check back later". I told them that this is not what they advertise, their response: "sorry". Be forewarned

3  Thank billy49463
Meggy H, General Manager at Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear bill49463,

My sincere apologies that you did not enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you for bringing this matter to my attention so I can look into this with our internet provider. We certainly do not advertise false information as the service & amenities we provide are reflected in the consistent positive reviews we receive from our guest.

Nonetheless, I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you choose to stay with us next time so that I may look after your reservation directly, Thank you!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

When I booked this hotel from what I read I thought I was going to be staying at a decent hotel. Think again. We did get there early but I did state that if there were no rooms cleaned we had no problem waiting as long as they could store our luggage. Rooms were ready but not the one I had originally booked and was not told that as she was checking us in. The bed cover had three dried blood stains on it so we tossed that to the floor then at 9:00 that night I heard loud music, come to find out it was the live karaoke band playing right below us! Now who puts guests above a bar that is going to have live music that night?? I went down to inquire and was told it would be over at midnight. So option was to move or ask them to turn the volume down. Well since we had already settled in we didn't want to move and the volume was turned down until 11:30 pm when it was turned back up so for 30 minutes had to listen to the loud music. Also this hotel is on a very busy street and yes only 10 minutes from the airport you see and hear planes with no problem if you like that sort of thing. Also had a lovely view of Costco and Holiday Inn. Best Western of any sort will not be a pick for me for the next hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Make sure karaoke is not on the agenda the night you want to stay and stay far away from the bar.

Dear sdhornbuckle,

Thank you for you comments and our apologies that you did not enjoyed your stay. Providing superior customer service, clean & comfortable rooms are our number one priority. We apologize that we fail to meet your expectations this time. This is certainly not the norm as you can see in the excellent reviews we get consistently from our guests.

Nonetheless, I appreciate you for bringing this up to my attention. As we take our guest's comments to heart in order to improve. I hope you will still consider staying with us again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time so I may assist with your reservation directly,