“Exceptional hotel experience”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Friendly, helpful staff.
The club floor is well worth the additional cost. It includes enhanced amenities, free breakfast and late afternoon hors d'oeuvres were generous enough to constitute a light meal.
The accommodation is spacious, clean and comfortable.
This is an exceptional property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Only stayed one night but the staff there was awesome. Smooth check-in with friendly front desk guys. Zach at concierge was so helpful! The only downside was the waitress at the restaurant saying "sorry if it feels like I've been neglecting you, our VP is in"....didn't know how to respond to that, but I'm a paying customer I don't believe we should have had to wait over 30 minutes for just appetizers or for her to even check on us to refill drinks when the restaurant was only 25% full.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2010

pool was outdoor & our room had a walk out to it, it was great. Restaurant was great as was the service. no complaints

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Great hotel, excellent facilities with extremely helpful staff.

Our company holds meetings here often, requiring attendees to stay from out of town. The staff and facilities are excellent. The catering and events staff responded well to some of our last minute requests, which was much appreciated.

As with other Sheraton's, their fitness center is second to none. All Cardio equipment has tv access, and the weights are all in prime condition. I travel quite a bit for business, and haven't seen a better hotel gym.

I would definitely recommend the club lounge upgrade, excellent value for the money, and the staff in the lounge are great, and make you feel at home. Their excellent service was much appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This hotel was wonderful. I felt like I was leaving heaven when I left this hotel. The hotel is conveniently placed; it's just a short walk from the public transit system; it also has a shuttle to the airport, good parking, and easy access to taxis. The pool there is marvellous, and I spent quite some time enjoying the hot tub, but my favourite part of the hotel was the Club Lounge. For a *very* low sum, you can enjoy food for both breakfast and night for your entire room. This is good food, and the service is prompt and effortless. The overseer there at evening, =Nicholas=, was especially helpful. It was almost like he could read your mind, offering whatever you might need. As I said, the food there was wonderful, ranging from succulent meats and seafood to very fresh, scrumptious fruits and my favourite, freshly-baked bread with classy, mouth-watering butter. This was with free (non-alcoholic) drinks for my entire family. The alcohol selection there is fairly priced and well selected too. I would love to have stayed at this hotel for the rest of my life. My wife and kids loved it too.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This hotel has the most attentive staff of all hotels I have visited. When asked if I could move to a room with a King size bed instead of 2 doubles, it happened so quickly I was surprised. John at the front dest managed everything. Because I have 2 children (6 & 3 years old) I asked for a rollaway. Much to my surpise the bed was a twin bed that was rolled in on a dolly. Additionally I was upgraded to the 7th floor where the club lounge was located. The lounge was amazing and the staff were exceptional. Specifically, Nicholas who was attentive, helpful and kind. As a result of his assistance we went on a few day trips that the kids loved. Megan was very good with my children and would often ask if they wanted to watch cartoons during breakfast. She too had wonderful suggestions on places to visit and things to do. I can't wait to visit Vancouver again and stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Thank you for sharing your favorable comments on your stay at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport.
Please be assured that I have shared your specific comments with the individual Associates that made your stay with us a memorable one.
John, Megan and Nicholas are terrific assets to the hotel and I am glad to have them on my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Steve Veinot

Reviewed July 6, 2010

Nice hotel with shuttle from Vancouver Airport. Marriott and Hilton right next door. Starbucks in the lobby. Large, confernce hotel with three wings. Has nice pool/gym and other ammenities. Free internet terminals in the lobby (wireless is also free in the lobby) but connection is very slow. Parking fee is $16 per night.

Richmond has a very large Chinese population with plenty of wonderful asian restaurants and shops within walking distance from the hotel. Richmond Center, a large shopping mall, is located kitty corner from the hotel. Also walking distance to the new light rail extension, which takes you to Vancouver downtown in 15 minutes - driving takes 45 and you would have to deal with parking in the City.

Completely updated bathroom, comfy bed with the soft comforter. Very friendly housekeeper.

Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
I cannot agree with you more that the hotel location is excellent with proximity to much of what the City of Richmond has to offer as well as being a gateway to Vancouver.
I am very proud of the hotel and staff and am pleased that you stay with us was a good one.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Steve Veinot