“hidden oasis”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2014

what a splendid surprise to find a courtyard oasis with an outdoor pool, hot tub and patio service!
We spent our entire evening outside and enjoyed a pool side dinner. There are also fire pits and nicely landscaped. Such a great spot. We will be back

Room Tip: ask for the pool courtyard room if you want easy access to pool. Great way to keep an eye on your...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

It is nice to hear another guest discovering our Courtyard pool, patio and restaurant space and I appreciate you taking the time to write about it in your online review. The Courtyard area is a bit of a hidden gem and is a welcome an unexpected treat for all of our guests and families.
When the weather is good as has been the case this summer, the Courtyard is a great area to spend the day relaxing.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My father in law and I have been staying for a week once per year for the last several years. We still remember this hotel as the Richmond Best Western. Thankfully some of the old staff have stayed especially the pool maintenance staff. Thanks you Joyce for the hospitality and the treats! See you next year! Awesome stay!

Stayed: July 2014

Thanks so much for your positive feedback. I truly appreciate hearing from frequent and long standing guests and it is especially rewarding when a hotel Associate is singled out for providing great service. We hope that you continue to enjoy your stays with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had the pleasure of eating at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel in Vancouver at the lounge inside the hotel called Harolds. I was greeted in a polite manor in passing, the real experience happened with my server named Ashley. She was prompt, fun, energetic, and even managed to carry a conversation while the restaurant was busy. From what I could see, the experience Ahley gave me, continued to the other patrons as well.
The food was incredible, with a great menu, and came out quickly.
All in all, This was a nice setting to lounge in and have lunch, while having the pleasure of being served by Ashley. Highly reccommend this place, especially if you live in Richmond, BC

Room Tip: Be polite and courteous, and make sure you register your liscence plate with the staff at the front...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The reservation team at this hotel must be praised for their standards. From the minute of booking, I received excellent efficient service with booking confirmation, airport transfer, checkin and check out.
I even received an email providing weather forecast during my stay which was helpful when packing.

Good size room with 2 queen size beds. Very comfortable mattresses and pillows and nice bedding. Our room overlooked the pool so it was great for the kids to pop out and swim when they wanted.

We had 3 suitcases plus hand luggage and found storage was a bit limited. Cases were left lying on floors and we hung up some garments and left the rest of our clothing in the case.

Adequate bathroom with shower over bath.

Room equipped with TV, ironing facilities, safe, mini fridge.

The hotel has a Starbucks coffee outlet opposite reception so that's great for coffee fans.

10 minute walk to the sky train and retail outlets.

Staff are very helpful and pleasant and very efficient at their jobs.

Room 124 is right beside pool and hot tub and vending and ice machine are very close by.

Complimentary towels at the pool was welcome.

Apart from the limited storage, I loved this one.

Room Tip: 124 is a ground floor room very near the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Every time I check into this hotel I feel like I am visiting with family. There is a
very warm welcome and a few nice hugs from staff and management. I am very
lucky to receive beautiful chocolate covered strawberries!!! The best!! I am on a
diet so I share them with the front office staff.

I love this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room on the 7th Floor, the Club rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. The most rewarding feedback that I receive has to do with the staff of my hotel and I truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize them publicly. I am also pleased when our frequent guests review the hotel and services on Trip Advisor as it demonstrates our ability to provide them on a consistent basis.

Thank you for your business.
Regards

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for a few times this year , every time when i check in , i was welcomed by friendly and helpful staffs ! During my stay last week , i had a bad flu and sore throat, when i check in , there is a staff called Stanley Lung noticed that i was sicked probably because my changed of voice , he offered me his strepsils ! Although it is just a candy , his warmly and thoughtful gesture touched me !! When i leave , he still remember me and asked if i feel better , thank you stanley and i will definitely come again and recommend this hotel to my friends and family

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had to stay at this place because of a flight delay. Got there very late at night but check in was quite speedy and they were able to answer all of our questions. The room was a decent size with two queen beds lots of pillows, comfy bed. We had the breakfast buffet in the am. For $19 I was a bit disappointed in what was offered. The French toast was cold and the selection of fruits was limited. I have had better buffets included in other hotels in Calgary with a way better selection .
It was ok to stay at and the service was good Not sure I would select this place if I was picking one on my own. It is close to the airport

Room Tip: It is a fairly large hotel and I think there was only one elevator which may be a problem. We were i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple