“Great stay”

Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great stay”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business - this is my employer's preferred hotel in town and you can always guarantee meeting someone from work! Shuttle bus service is great to / from airport.

Great room - comfiest beds ever, even pipping my previous favourite Premier Inns! Heating / aircon a tad temperamental but nothing worth complaining about.

Breakfast buffet is well worth it - I'd travel for the scrambled eggs alone!

Most convenient for airport, but good links to downtown - although the Richmond Mall across the road will keep most shoppers happy.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michelle M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Staying here on business for the week, I have to share this experience. The rooms are modern, well-decorated and clean. I had a couple of minor complaints, which I mentioned to the front desk staff. Immediately she asked if she could have a manager come up to the room. I was stunned that three managers (from housekeeping, duty manager and hotel manager) came to my room within 5 minutes, attentive and asking me how they could rectify my concerns. Now these were minor concerns, not a big deal and likely attributable to my OCD about cleanliness. I was incredibly impressed with the service. They had staff come up and fix things immediately.
I highly recommend this hotel, based on my exceptional experience.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Wanderlusterful
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is especially helpful to have a seasoned traveler and senior contributor to TripAdvisor review our hotel.
I am very pleased to hear of the quick response and resolution to the minor issues that you experienced after check in. I am very fortunate to have a group of Associates working for me that truly understand the value of meeting and hopefully exceeding our guests expectations.
We look forward to seeing you again should your travel bring you to the Richmond area.
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is an excellent facility close to the Vancouver airport. The staff are courteous and the facility is great. I stayed in the west tower, in a very spacious and comfortable room. Ther is a good restaurant on site and a Starbucks. It is within walking distance of good restaurants, and the Richmond Mall. The skytrain tomdowntown is within walking distance as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Many thanks for your positive feedback. This was a great way to start 2014 in the Trip Advisor review program.
I am always especially pleased to have reviews completed by frequent travelers to the hotel as it demonstrates the consistency in our product and service delivery.
It is also very welcome feedback when my staff are mentioned is such a positive light.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Loved this hotel. Was there for business, but as always everyone was friendly. Hotel was very clean. As always the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoying staying here. This has been my 4th visit and I will continue to come back.

Room Tip: Have stayed in numerous locations in the hotel. Always like a balcony!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed December 17, 2013

A very good hotel. Easy parking and check in. Very courteous staff.Rooms and furnishings very good.comfortable and clean. Good restaurant facilities. Location very handy to YVR airport.. 10 minutes away..handy to sky train to downtown Vancouver.very good meeting room facilities if required
A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I always stay at this hotel in Vancouver at the airport whenever I have business or have to take
a flight from YVR. The greetings I get and the service is always first class. I am a Gold SPG
member and they treat me like royalty.

I will never stay at another hotel in this area.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a studio suite, which was heavenly.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive words.
It is very encouraging to see our return guests and SPG guests providing us with such positive feedback from their stays.
With so many hotel and brand options available to you, thank you so much for choosing Starwood and the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during a conference. The room was located facing the patio on the first floor. Felt as though I had to keep the curtains closed as there was no privacy from the people using the patio and pool. The room was very noisy as we'll due to the first floor corridor being used as a walk through to get to the tower. Flight crews wandered through at very late (early) hours and we're not shy about loud talk. Also felt insecure as access to the hallways is unrestricted. I asked to be moved to a room off the first floor but was refused by the front desk staff despite the hotel not being full. I probably won't return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Please accept my apologies for your recent experience at the Hotel. I am quite surprised by our inability to relocate your room during your stay and will attempt to investigate further; however this is made difficult by the anonymity built into the Trip Advisor review process.
I will certainly make the front office team aware of your comments.
Understanding that it may not be your preference to return to the hotel in the future, I hope that you change your mind and afford us an opportunity to recover your future business. If this is a possibility, I encourage you to contact me personally in advance of your stay so that I can ensure your comfort and sense of security.

Regards,