“good value!”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night before flying out from the Vancouver Airport. I was very impressed with the value of our stay based on the price I paid booking through Hotwire for less than $100.00. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We were a little ways from the lobby which was not great but not a huge issue. We were also very impressed with the hotel restaurant. When you are at the end of a vacation and really just want the convenience of being able to get a nice meal in the hotel, (especially when it's raining outside), it helps to have a good one. Most hotel restaurants are mediocre at best but this restaurant was great! the food was good and service was excellent. Breakfast buffet in the morning suited our needs perfectly. The airport shuttle was on time, comfortable and reliable. I would have given this hotel a perfect rating if they had upgraded our room when I requested it instead of feeding me the common lie of "the hotel is fully booked". We are afterall Starwood members. The front desk service was not quite what I had expected but hey, we got good value for what we paid!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor away from the lobby but the room was very quiet!
1  Thank Testandtruth

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We booked this hotel on arrival at Vancouver airport at about 11pm after missing a flight. Very friendly staff, and we were upgraded to a larger room. The hotel is very nice, but for a very expensive hotel we were let down by the one service we needed- room service. There were very few options (since we arrived at midnight). We ordered a breakfast muffin, a sandwich and soup. They didn't say the soup was seafood chowder (I should have asked but I assumed it would be a standard veggie soup) and the muffin had obviously been microwaved as it was soggy. They couldn't even make me a toasted cheese sandwich- I had to pick from 3 ready made. Even though everything was pre-made it took about 45 minutes to get to our room. For over $200 per night, I would have expected a kitchen that can make a toasted sandwich. Overall although the room and staff were fantastic, I would expect better room service for this price/brand. Thanks to the friendly staff though.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for a working conference weekend. Their offering of Starbucks coffee for during our seminars is fantastic -- especially when they could have just forced us to grab our coffees from the in-hotel Starbucks. I guess you would still have to go to the Starbucks if you want anything other than the brewed coffee, but the brew is enough of an "added touch" treat.

The food for breakfast, lunch and dinner during our conference was plentiful and good quality.

Our rooms were spacious with wonderfully comfortable beds. There is, in my opinion, a lack of good hooks for hanging wet towels and the closet is not tall enough to accommodate long dresses but otherwise the room is great.

The complimentary airport shuttle is punctual and operated well with friendly drivers. There is an inviting pool and patio area on the grounds which I unfortunately did not have the time to enjoy during my stay. The hotel is located across from a fantastic mall which would have been great if I had more time to check it out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

On Tues. Sept. 17, 2013, we arrived at Vancouver airport from LAX one hour late, frazzled because of a glitch by Air Canada. Our luck changed at approx. 12:45am when the Sheraton Airport shuttle driver, Mike, picked us up at YVR. He handled three sets of baggage: my daughter's, grand-daughter's and mine, then disappeared into the hotel while we were checking in. Within minutes, Mike appeared again, carrying a glass of milk and cookies for my 8-year-old granddaughter, who was quietly suffering from lack of sleep. This kind gesture brought a bright ray of sunshine to what had been a nasty travelling experience. When we offered our thanks he replied airily "That's what we do at the Sheraton."
Next morning (it was 5:15am when we had to catch the shuttle to the 7:00am flight that Air Canada insisted we take -- imagine, after a few hours' sleep!) there was Mike in the lobby, smilingly asking what we took in our coffee. This person is a jewel. If this reflects Sheraton's hiring policies, congratulations.

1  Thank Margaret S
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience with Mike during your recent unexpected visit.
We also feel very fortunate to have Mike working for us at the Sheraton and this "random act of kindness" represents perfectly the type of person that Mike is.
I know that Mike has already seen your Trip Advisor comments as we published them in our daily staff communication briefing. I will thank you on is behalf for your amazing endorsement of his service.

Best Regards,
Steve Veinot

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We missed a connection at the airport and the airline put us up in this hotel for the night. It was about a 20 min free shuttle bus ride from the airport and proved to be an oasis in an otherwise hectic day. We were given a king room that was well appointed, good quality toiletries and hairdryer supplied, coffee maker with supplies to brew your own Starbucks coffee. big screen tv, writing desk, easy chair and ottoman and a balcony. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The hotel has an in-house Starbucks that opens at 6 am as well as a well supplied gift shop. The in-house restaurant/bar served up very fine, large portion meals. I had fish and chips made from halibut and my wife ordered black cod. We give both dishes great reviews. WiFi is free in the lobby along with about six computer terminals. WiFi in the room is about $5.00. Two or three different newspapers are available in the lobby in the morning. Free airport shuttle runs like clockwork every 30 minutes. All in all, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Many thanks for your positive comments on your unexpected stay with us at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel.
Thank you kindy for describing our products and services for the Trip Advisor audience. I am pleased that your stay was pleasant even in light of missing your flight and having to spend the extra night in Richmond before returning home.

Best Regards,

Steve Veinot

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 non-consecutive days on this trip. The first stay, we had a room on the first floor; on the 2nd stay (3 days later) we were on the 2nd floor on the very far end of the hotel. It was a very long walk on mostly carpet which made it slightly difficult to pull our heavy luggage, but since it was only for one night, not a big deal.

The hotel is situated in some kind of plaza which it shares with the Marriott hotel. Rooms were clean and noise was not an issue. 7551 Westminister is a busy road, especially during rush hour. We had a rental car and paid for parking (I think it was $18/night) which is basically finding a spot in the plaza (the hotel website says there's covered parking that that wasn't our case).

This does not have an airport hotel feel as the area is quite busy with lots of food and shopping places within a 10-min drive. Lots of Chinese shops and restaurants that were very good. Overall, but for having to pay for parking, it was excellent for an airport hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for location of room you're given. On our 2nd stay, we were given a room that was very far...
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Booked in at this Sheraton for a 2 day, 2 night conference and hadn't been here before so wasn't quite sure what to expect but was happily surprised at the quality of the room, on-site amenities and conference facilities.

I was in room 245 which was a balcony room that overlooked a back parking lots but was mercifully quiet and enjoyed a well appointed, large, comfortable room with nice beds and updated bathroom. The individual room climate control was nice as was the big flat screen TV so overall was very happy with the fit & finishes of the room.

Having a Starbucks on-site was handy and visited it a few times over the course of the weekend. The catered conference meals and snacks were prepared and presented well which isn't always the case at these large events.

I'm not quite sure why I've missed this Sheraton over the years when in Richmond but now I've been I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business