“Business stay”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great hotel near YVR, great for my aerospace customers. Fitness center is amazing and clean. personnel is responsive and provides information requested. Breakfast buffet was just what I needed, i.e., oatmeal, Oj, Starbuck coffee, scrambled eggs with a small croissant.

Room Tip: Not new but nicely renovated hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our team recently stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport hotel for a tournament being held in Richmond. What a pleasant surprise! We all got rooms facing the courtyard, which is beautiful. There is a pool, a hot tub, and many tables and chairs to sit at with your friends. We received vouchers for our breakfasts in the restaurant, which were purchased individually according to how many we wanted. Breakfast was always delicious and plentiful, with a wide variety of choices. Having a Starbucks in the lobby was an added convenience! Service was excellent and friendly. The beds in the hotel rooms were SO COMFORTABLE!!! Everyone was so pleased with this hotel. I highly recommend it! Having the option of sitting outside on a nice sunny day is such a bonus! LOVED IT! Shuttle service to/from airport was also very convenient.

Room Tip: we enjoyed having rooms facing the courtyard - it's nice to face a garden and pool and noise was...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

An all- round good experience for a parent and child in transit. It's close the the airport and offers shuttle service, has plenty of food options nearby, Starbucks on site, and so on.

Wat I liked about it was that they let me check in a couple of hours early...sometimes when you book via Hotwire you feel a little like a second class citizen, but the staff here at check in and check out were all cheerful and accommodating. The very tired toddler probably helped, so if you can travel with one of those, it will TOTALLY make your trip easier.

The place was clean, comfortable, and had a pool as well as Treehouse on the TV (essential for this type of travel). Neither parking nor internet we free, and while I'd rather they were, these things only seem to come at a lower level of accommodation and since I got a stellar rate from the web, it was fine to pay or parking. Internet isn't really necessary in my situation, though you could get it in the lobby.

It's not a place to stay if you're visiting Vancouver, but what airport hotel is? I would definitely go back though.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I recently had the privilege of being a guest at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel. AND, it really was a privilege. From the moment I checked until in, until I left a week later, my stay at the hotel was just a great experience. The employees were friendly and helpful, my hotel room, lobby and gardens were beautiful and the restaurant, Harold's, was unforgettable. All aspects of the hotel and service were excellent and I felt at home immediately, but it was the restaurant that, for me, earned this Sheraton the name of "The Hotel With a Heart." Harold is an elderly gentleman who, for years, patronized the restaurant in this hotel on almost a daily basis. When the hotel underwent renovations a few years ago, the dining room was renamed "Harold's" in his honour. Harold still comes to the hotel for lunch every day and guests can find him there at lunch time seated a his very own table in the dining room that has been decorated with fanciful enlarged pictures of him on all of the walls. He has his own designated parking space and is treated with warmth and respect by all of the hotel employees. I had the opportunity to be introduced to him and to talk with him on his ninety-second birthday which he celebrated here. The dining room employees as well as all of the senior hotel staff sang Happy Birthday, wished him well and had a gigantic cake for him and shared with all of the restaurant patrons that day. I know that the this hotel has had a huge, positive impact on his life and I left after my week believing that large corporations, as evidenced by this Sheraton Hotel can make a positive difference in a community, the people living there and the travelling public. The Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel truly is a "hotel with a heart"!

PS: The food was terrific!

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of rooms over the last year or two and all were excellent
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review.
I am very thankful that you have passed on the "Harold's Story" to our review readers.
We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful man be the namesake of our restaurant.

Best Regards,

Steve Veinot

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at this property on July 19th and were very happy with almost everything. The positives were: Good restaurant and lounge on site. Prices were fair and the food was good. We sat outside by the pool and it was very enjoyable. There were computers in several locations that offered free printing, so printing out our flight's boarding passes were a breeze. We also had free wi-fi in our room. The free shuttle to the airport ran every half hour. No reservations needed, just show up in the lobby. Lots of room and on time. The room itself had all amenities needed and was comfortable with good, quiet air-conditioning and comfortable beds.
The only negative was at check in. We were told we would have a court yard view, and we ended up looking at a cement slab that housed the hotel's air-conditioning unit.
I would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ended up in this hotel, because I lost my connection from Vancouver to home. Lufthansa booked me the hotel. So I was there just a few hours (literally!).

I did not have time to explore the hotel much. But the room was really spacious and comfortable. Really what I needed to sleep for a few hours before going back to the airport.

They offer free shuttle that runs every 30 mins. Free Internet.

I also tried the food in the restaurant and it was pretty good. Staff was really friendly!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I understand that premium hotel locations situated downtown demand premium prices for parking. However, I was quite shocked that Sheraton Vancouver Airport hotel charged $18 a night for surface parking in the middle of Richmond. I noted that most other hotels in the area comes with free parking. So for everyone looking for hotels in the area and have a car, be sure to factor that charge into the overall cost.

The decor of the hotel was typical of most Starwood Sheratons. The room we got was clean, comfortable and quiet and provided two bottles of water for which I was thankful. After staying at several higher end hotels, I was immediately sensitive to the bright lighting in the bathroom which really has to go.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple