“Clean and comfortable rooms and a friendly staff: much better than a typical airport / conference hotel”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights in early April attending a conference held on-site. Front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. Special thanks for letting me know that if I signed up for Starwood Rewards I would be entitled to free wi-fi. That was a nice extra; and the wifi actually worked consistently in the room.

My king room was in the south tower. Nice and quiet. The room did have a balcony (but it overlooked the adjacent parking lot).

Bathroom was clean and suitably stocked.

A few other tips: take advantage of the "green" housekeeping program. If you skip service you get $5 in dining credit or 500 Starwood points.

The Starbucks in the lobby can accept payment using the Starbucks mobile app. Other hotels have had to type in the card number.

At checkout, the front desk was very willing to split the bill between cash and credit to allow me to use up my Canadian currency before heading home. Nice touch.

Finally, every hotel employee I encountered greeted me, made eye contact and were friendly. When I next have to go to Richmond for business, I'm staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Recently my husband and I attended a two day workshop at the Vancouver Airport Sheraton - such an amazing hotel. The beds were fabulous, the front desk staff so welcoming and accommodating.
The food served during our workshops was wonderful and my special dietary needs were met with great enthusiasm - so not what I am used to.
The lounge staff were outstanding, especially Cat M. (she is amazing and we were thrilled she was serving both nights!) and we absolutely loved Harold’s! I had the best pork chop I have ever had, and the bread pudding was to die for - we give the pudding alone 5 stars!
Thanks, Sheraton, we so enjoyed our visit!

Room Tip: Make sure that you ask for the second floor so that you can open your window on your little balcony...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked a two night stay at this hotel and was immediately impressed by the lobby. It was large and inviting and the check in was efficient and quick.

The room provided was most comfortable as was the king bed. The bathroom was clean and stocked with the usual bath amenities. Room was larger than expected and had a nice outlook.

The hotel is large and there was even a Starbucks in the lobby as well. Complimentary wifi and Internet PC's were available in the lobby.

The location of the hotel is within handy walk of many eateries and close to Landsdowne Centre mall.

The hotel concierge, Dan deserves a special mention. He made some great recommendations for dinner and also provided some great suggestions for daytime activities and even made all the bookings for it. This kind of service is not often found.

This was a pleasant stay and I really like this hotel and given the shuttle service and distance from the airport, it's my first choice of hotel for stays on arrival to Vancouver. Thumbs up.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Room was clean, comfortable and very large. Shuttle service was prompt and attentive. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Hotel is in a busy area with lots of shopping, but we found in quiet to sleep. Adjacent restaurant is very good and there are other good eating establishments in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thanks very much for your positive comments on your stay with us.
I appreciate you mentioning not only your favorable interactions with the hotel staff but also your opinions on hotels location, facilities and sleep experience.
I hope that we have an opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Regards,

Steve Veinot

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Sheraton Vancouver Airport is conveniently located in Richmond. The staff are ery helpful and most polite and freindly. The rooms are quite comfortable and very clean. I stay at this faciity evry two months and woudl recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cliff B
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review on your stays at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel.
I am especially pleased when my staff are mentioned in a positive light. My team does a great job at delivering excellent service.
I am additionally pleased when we receive positive comments from a regular guest of the hotel, knowing the comments provided are over a span of visits and not simply isolated to one experience with the hotel.
We look forward in continuing to be your hotel of choice when you are in Richmond.

Regards
Steve Veinot

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wonderful service, very hospitable. The room was great and had free wifi..don't see that everyday. The restaurant was pricy but service again was superb. Good location you are near the mall and many restaurants of different ethnic cuisine. Starbucks are in the same building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here over the August Civic Holiday long weekend. The room was very nice and it had a fridge so no complaints there. I had a very comfortable King-sized bed. No complaints on cleanliness either.

I booked this hotel via Hotwire, so I got a pretty good deal on it. But it kind of sucked that I had to tack an extra $60 onto the hotel price for parking. The listing didn't mention this.

No breakfast.

The parking at the front was pretty much always full. Side parking was a hike to the doors. Back parking was good, though I think they locked the doors after a certain time so I'm not sure where you'd go then.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo