“Pretty good”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Pretty good”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here over the August Civic Holiday long weekend. The room was very nice and it had a fridge so no complaints there. I had a very comfortable King-sized bed. No complaints on cleanliness either.

I booked this hotel via Hotwire, so I got a pretty good deal on it. But it kind of sucked that I had to tack an extra $60 onto the hotel price for parking. The listing didn't mention this.

No breakfast.

The parking at the front was pretty much always full. Side parking was a hike to the doors. Back parking was good, though I think they locked the doors after a certain time so I'm not sure where you'd go then.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fuzzypuppy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Two outstanding team members who turned my first time visit to the city and the hotel to a "home away from home" experience.

Adele (Restaurant) was particularly helpful in interpreting the menu and ensuring I made the most comfortable choice even when I appeared a bit confused; her patience, smiles and informing discussions made me feel at home and stirred the desire to come back to this same hotel on my next visit to Vancouver! Thank you Adele, you deserve the recognition and a service star award! I hope your management will someday get to see this recommendation.

Dan (Concierge) - The big Dan was warm, upfront and very friendly. He undertook the pains of sorting out the package I had for delivery in Halifax. He equally went through the hassle of checking the post office schedule for a total visitor. This act of service is enough to win my loyalty to the Sheraton. There should be many more 'Dans' within your team, but I must recommend you for taking over my 'pains' and I travelled back at ease knowing the package will be delivered intact.

Room Tip: Join the SPG loyalty program... your preference would be known before your arrival.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Terrace, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel while in town for a Canucks Autism Network event. We found the accomadations very comfortable and the room pillows were the best I have slept on! The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet had everything you could ever want. I would certainly recommend Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel for family and business trips alike. We also appreciated the suttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Victoria
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Love this hotel! Staff are very accommodating, professional and friendly. Gym is great. Bar and restaurant is good. Location in Richmond is very good. Rooms are spacious. Lots of parking. Lively, active atmosphere. Overall a great place to stay in Richmond with convenient shuttle service to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online review and more so thank you for your very positive comments.
I assume from the "home away from home" tagline that you are a frequent guest of the hotel.
Thank you for your business and I hope that we continue to be your first choice when you are traveling to the Mainland from the Island.

Best Regards

Steve Veinot
Saskatoon
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a quick overnight stopover. The shuttle from the airport arrived quickly and it was about a 5-7 min shuttle from the airport. Once we arrived the staff were very friendly and checking was quick. The room was clean and as expected with a Sheraton.

On site was a restaurant and star bucks.

A good hotel to stay at for an overnight stopover, a little way from airport but shuttle is quick.

• Stayed February 2013
Clearwater, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed 5 nights and found the staff really helpful and so pleasant, particularly Donna (housekeeping 3 South) and Chris (in-house bookings). I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel where almost everyone looked like they enjoyed their job. Thank you very much!

Room Tip: My room was quite close to Westminster Hwy (South side) and as I am a light sleeper found the traffi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words on my hotel staff. Chris and Donna are both part of a great team and I am not surprised to hear their names mentioned in a positive review of our hotels level of service.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. I will make certain that both Chris and Donna are made aware that they have received personal recognition.

Regards,
Steve Veinot
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We got this hotel through a "third party site" for a pretty decent price. We had an early flight in the morning and wanted to stay near the airport. The hotel is about 10 minute drive from the airport, near other hotels and a bunch of Asian restaurants. Some of these restaurants serve until late at night!

The location is pretty far from Vancouver. I don't think it would be easy to go back and forth from the city.

The hotel staff were excellent and very friendly. The room was your typical Sheraton with super cushy bed and very clean. Not much of view out the window, however. I thought the bed was too soft, but my wife and son thought that they were in heaven! The shuttle runs 24/7 every 1/2 hour to the airport and back. If I have early flight, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family