“Christmas Dinner at Harold's Bistro”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Trying to find a nice place to have Christmas Dinner without spending and Arm and a Leg is very difficult. My mother and I started our search of the different hotels in our area and came to find that the price at Harold's ($40.00) was the best of our hunt. We were able to make a reservation a few days a head and even lucked out to be able to sit in the Lounge where it was Child Free. Finding that out was what sealed the reservation. We ended up inviting 2 other friends and had a wonderful time. The wait staff were professional and did not rush us at all. In fact when we got up to leave 3.5 hours had gone by, this I suspect was because we were in the lounge.

The buffet was not huge but had the main selections for Christmas Dinner. The food was kept topped up and the deserts were fresh and tasty.

Harold's Bistro will now be a new tradition for my mother, friends and I!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed one night with my son, close to restaurants & sky train
Pro's
Beds are incredible, staff are extremely friendly and helpful
Rooms are modern and efficient
Cons
Bathrooms are really tiny
Parking is stupidly expensive to be parked in a non secure shop parade parking lot $19

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brats
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton for a conference and was happily surprised on how comfortable the bed was to sleep in. I was in a King room and I had the best sleep ever. Never heard my neighbors and the hotel staff was great.

Room Tip: If you are on the Starwood Points Program be sure to ask about internet use. I found out on the las...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to add a review to Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, enjoyed the comfort of the bed.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice for any future plans that bring you to Richmond.

Regards

Steve Veinot

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is one of the best values in the city. The beds are amazing, the rooms are spacious and the staff are friendly. Harold's bar has the best gyoza's and great atmosphere. The location is great from the airport with a free shuttle and about 30 min from downtown vancouver. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This is not a bad place to stay at all and very close to the mall and hospital.

The rooms are not bad, looks like they have had a recent facelift. The beds/pillows are some of the best I have slept on.

The bathroom fan did not work and the sliding door that leads out to the pool was in poor condition. Not impressed that it costs $7.95 a day for Internet access and the bottled water is $4.50.

My next stay in Richmond will be at the Hotel at the River Rock as that place is amazing!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We actually booked at a different place downtown but they messed up our room so they refunded it and we booked with sheraton. The agent booked us for downtown but went to the one. Ear the airport and they honoured our reservation because the agent made a mistake. Very close to airport with shuttle, shopping malls and restaurant near by. Very clean rooms, very comfy beds, great pay per view current movies. Id stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
SVeinot, General Manager at Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive Trip Advisor review. I am pleased that you had a great experience with us, especially in light of the confusion over your prior hotel reservation. we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Best Regards

Steve Veinot

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here one night after missing my connecting flight and was pleasantly surprised on how comfy the beds were. I stay in a lot of Starwood hotels including Sheraton's and all though the beds are always comfy this one seemed to have an extra layer which was incredibly comfy.

We ended up getting a room on the fist floor right by the lobby and facing the swimming pool which was fine. Not sure if its opened in the winter since it was outside but since we checked in super late there was no one there. I can see though that if there's people swimming there might be noise coming from there since the courtyard rooms have patio doors right by the pool. The rooms was quite large and super comfy. Everything was as expected from a Sheraton.

We ordered room service since we had not eaten in a while. It was just past midnight and it only took about 20 minutes which was nice since we wanted to go to bed right soon. We ordered 2 chili's which were quite good. It came with bread however which was very stale and hard as stone.

Overall we liked this Sheraton and would stay again if needing an airport hotel since everything was as expected and the beds were truly the best.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel. I could not agree with you more on the comfort of the beds and we certainly recieve a significant amount of feedback similar to yours.
As a point of interest, the outdoor pool and hot tub are open year round.
I am glad that the Room Service chili was to your satisfaction, but do apologize for the staleness of the bread and will definitely bring it to the attention of my culinary team.

I hope that we are your hotel of choice should you be returning to our City.

Regards,