“The most comfortable hotel-bed ever”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel has the bestest hotel-bed ever! I was never an eager hotel-sleeper but I slept for straight 12 hours! The pillows and blankets were so fluffy I could just snuggle forever. Plus the fact the it is so near from the Vancouver Airport makes it more convenient. Two thumbs-up!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a John Kehoe event this past weekend. Overall the hotel is very nice. It's been recently remodeled and Sheraton has done a great job with the lobby, rooms and the restaurant. The lobby is large, open and welcoming with private lounge areas scattered about and two separate computer stations with one located in the outer edges of the bar/lounge area reserved for adults only. The view of the courtyard is nice and gives you a sense your not located in the middle of the city of Richmond. Harold's is the name of the bar/restaurant and although I'm not usually fond of hotel eateries this one is an exception. The food is tasty, moderately priced and the staff superb. Try the yam fries...you won't be disappointed. Also, take a moment to view all the large famous portraits around the room of Elvis, Marilyn, the Stones and more. They are a real kick and if your fortunate to have lunch during your stay introduce yourself to Harold. He's easily recognized, friendly and been eating here every day for the past 35 years. Finally, the rooms. This is a convention hotel and quite large. While our room was on the top floor and was a trek, it was spacious, clean and new. My only complaint, and my girlfriend would agree, was the bed. It was simply too soft for us. You may love it, but it sucks you in like quicksand. I just prefer something firmer and the bed is the only reason I would not stay here again if in the area and give this property an average mark. If you like a softer mattress by all means stay here!

Room Tip: Top floors away from the many hockey families that use this as their home away from home.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

it really was the best bed ever with the best pillows ever. i ate at the lounge restaurant and the food was very good and service at the bar was very good as well. room was so big, clean and comfortable.
yes there is a parking charge which is lame, but since i live near nyc i'm used to getting jacked for parking at a much higher rate. it was about a 20 min ride to stanley park. plenty of food and bars within a few minute walk or right next door. worth it for the good sleep alone! i think it is a bit expensive but i got it on a special rate from their website.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently stayed here for one-night with my husband and five-year-old daughter. We had decided to take a CrAzY one night trip from Seattle to check out Vancouver because we had never been to Canada before.

We booked the hotel on Hotwire using the Starbucks free wifi because we had our AT&T service off to avoid $$$ roaming charges.

When we drove up to the hotel, I was honestly a little bummed that we we not staying at the Hilton or Marriott next door. However, the super-friendly desk clerk turned my doubts around when he saw my daughter and asked us if we would like a room that opened out to the heated pool and spa area. This room worked out great for us and we ended up using the pool twice during our visit.

The room itself had modern furnishings and a new bathroom, but I honestly did not love the wallpaper and the carpet. It was clean, but I could not tell if the decorator had bad taste, or if it was just old.

The bed, OH THE BED! The bed was the MOST COMFORTABLE bed I have EVER slept in. It is specially made by Sealy for Shearton and is called the Sealy Sweet Sleeper. I have arthritis, and I had the best night's sleep in probably years in that bed. I have since visited the Sheraton web site to learn more about the mattress and started begging my husband to buy it.

We ate the $18 CAD per person breakfast buffet in the restaurant the next morning and it was delicious and worth it. Kids under 6 eat for free, so we liked that too. Our waiter was exceptional and I especially enjoyed the croissants.

During our stay, we walked to the Sky Train (about 10 minutes) and took it into Vancouver. Honestly if I had it to do over again, I would have payed more and stayed in a downtown hotel. I would have also paid for a guided tour bus around the city. If your time is at a premium, don't waste it on the Sky Train. But if you don't mind 30-40 minutes to walk to the rail and then ride into town, this is a great hotel to stay at.

My only big complaint was that parking was $18. Sometimes it seems like hotels are taking advantage of their guests when they are not even located downtown, yet they still charge for parking. Internet was free because we joined the Starwood preferred guest program.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I spent two nights at the Sheraton for a conference and have nothing negative to say. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. My bed was a King sized, very comfortable, and the room was clean. The bathroom fan was noisy at first, but was quickly replaced by maintenance staff. I used the fitness center which had plenty of up to date equipment, and took advantage of the outdoor hot tub. The food served at the conference was excellent, including the Starbucks coffee provided at breaks (often I find coffee at conferences to be poor quality).

Room Tip: My room overlooked the garden near the pool - far enough from the pool to avoid noise, but the garde...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel seems geared towards business travelers coming from the airport. The Starbucks in the lobby is very convenient. We also ordered a soup from the restaurant and it was delicious. We had a beautiful view of the pool, but unfortunately it was also a bit noisy due to late-night swimmers. We were also not impressed with the guest who took a leak right by our balcony, but the hotel is not to blame for that. I didn't take the airport shuttle, but that seems like a convenient amenity as well. Parking was pretty pricey ($19 for 12 hours), but we got a good deal on the room through Priceline. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this one! Nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool have a nice view but can be noisy
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CapitalMel
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed here for one night prior to returning home from Airport.

Booked via one of these secret hotel deals and paid peanuts....amazing value for money.

Hotel is big and modern looking bright and airy.

Or room was huge and very clean.

Only down side was when we came back at around 9 pm the Starbucks in the hotel was closed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple