“Good option for airport stopover”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fukuoka, Japan
“Good option for airport stopover”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 3 different times in August and September this year, for 1 night each time. Booked on Hotwire and got a good price - 1/3 of the walk-in rate. The hotel shuttle was frequent (2X/hour) and convenient. The rooms were clean and well-appointed. The rooms were quiet (although we could hear people passing by in the halls), and the kids enjoyed the small pool.

We had just 2 issues with this hotel. One was the beds - they are a special feature of this hotel, I think, with pillowy-soft tops and all that, but everyone in our family found them to be far too soft. We only stayed one night but we decided that this hotel would not be our first choice in the future because of the very soft beds. The other issue was the extra costs for everything - I accidentally opened the bottle of water in the room (thinking it was complimentary) and realized that it cost $4.50. Urk. Free wireless in the lobby but $7.95 for LAN access in the room. Almost $20 to park. Those points were a little frustrating, but overall we had a good stay.

Room Tip: You can access the pool via sliding glass doors from first floor rooms. Good if you have kids.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We got a great price on a discount site. Staff were helpful and friendly. Room was spacious and comfortable. Based in Richmond so extremely handy for airport but also Richmond itself is nice to chill in.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank TSDUB
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The bed was GREAT- it really was very comfortable, people were courteous and friendly and the room was enormously spacious. We really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely go back. The only thing that could have been better was the view.

I got a parking ticket in the parking lot- that was annoying- but when I brought it to the attention of the staff (I had registered my car) they took it from me and told me they would look after it.

I am sure we will stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed for 6 nights Aug 18-24,2012. I've stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago, but only for 12 hours to rest while waiting for a trans-Pacific connection. This Sheraton is located in a large city block that also includes a Hilton and a Marriott. A 50-stall surface parking lot is shared by the Sheraton and the Marriott, and there is a larger, multi-level parkade attached to the Marriott. Parking costs roughly $18/day, and allows you to park anywhere on the lot and the building. There are also smaller car lots around the sides and back of the Sheraton. The hotel has 3 towers ---North, South, West. I had a room on the 3rd floor of the South Tower overlooking the front driveway and main hotel entrance. I was initially anxious about traffic noise, but found that I slept well each night. The size of the lobby is adequate for the usual number of guests, and includes a business center, a Starbucks, and the Harold's restaurant. My son and I had a light dinner one evening, and we each enjoyed excellent salads. We ordered their Harold's burger to share, but discovered that we were too full, so we had it wrapped and ate it for breakfast the following morning. It was a good burger even after 12 hours. The restaurant and hotel staff were pleasant, professional and helpful. Hotel hallways and exterior are not remarkable, which makes it a surprise when you enter your room since the rooms look much better than the hotel's external appearance. My room was of a regular size that accommodated 2 queen beds, and had a fridge (I've noticed that mid-priced hotels are again installing fridges in their standard rooms). I had a larger-than-usual balcony. The room and the rest of the hotel was clean and well-maintained. I have to mention the outstanding fitness center in this hotel: it probably has the best fitness center of all the airport hotels I've stayed in --- 5 each of treadmills, bikes, ellipticals; sizable dumbbell rack; 7 weights machines. Everything was by LifeFitness. For this alone, I would choose this hotel anytime. The Sheraton is also ideally located on the corner of Westminster and Minoru, and is walking distance to several good restaurants, the Bay department store, a supermarket, banks, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in July, 2012 and I cannot complain about the price I paid for this hotel as I got a very good discounted price. However with a 4 star hotel, I was very surprised that this upscale hotel does not have "in-room safe". I had to put my passports and my valuables in the safety deposit box in the hotel's lobby. There are some different sizes of safety deposit boxes for hotel guests down at the hotel lobby locked room. They will give the saftey deposit box for you to keep. The drawback is that you need to ask customer service at the service desk each time you want to access your deposit box.

The location of the hotel is very close to many shopping centres/plaza. Shopping and food is very convenient.

Wi-Fi inside the room is not free. However, the hotel guests' computers offer free internet. Airport Shuttle service is free and runs 24/7.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

They did not inform me of extra charges, like $20 to park my car, cost of internet in the room is $8, and bottled water set out in the room in NOT a courtesy, they charged my account 4.50 for a 1.59 bottle of water. Corporate profits . nest time i will find a small hotel, mom and pop, way better service. Ya the thread count was high but the service was bad. the front desk clerk was so sugery nice to be horribly inauthentic it was insulting.

Room Tip: ask about what are all the extra charges that the sheriton charge for that is free at other places
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lila E
San Diego
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were traveling from Vancouver after a cruise and had an early morning flight. So rather than spend more $ on a downtown hotel we opted to go with Hotwire for our last night. Since there were 3 of us we needed 2 beds. This hotel was very pleasant. The staff was gracious and very, very helpful. Kudo's to housekeeping too. The room was clean, the bed was delightful. Even the restaurant was very good. (prices were a little high) No free wi fi- the bane of the casual traveler but you could easily access it in the lobby or use the lobby computers. The shuttle to the airport is free and runs on the 1/2 hour. There was a large group and a second shuttle was available. The hotel is near a mall but we weren't interested in shopping since we had just spent 3 days downtown Vancouver. Check in and out was a snap and there was no mention of us using Hotwire for our room which was $86 with all the taxes and fees for a Saturday night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family