“The Sheraton Richmond MOTEL??”

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“The Sheraton Richmond MOTEL??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

All I can say about this 'hotel' is that I felt like I was staying in a MOTEL. My view was literally the parking lot. Even with the curtains open the room was extremely dark, plus I had my curtains closed a lot because I was literally on the parking lot.

I would never ever stay here again, and I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone.

And we're SPG Gold members. I feel so insulted.

I've lived in Vancouver, so Richmond is not generally a place that I would stay (nothing wrong with the city per se), but it's a suburb.

And the shuttle to the hotel took an hour to arrive at the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vancouver_dude13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

Beautifully comfortable beds, spacious rooms, excellent service. Check-in staff extremely welcoming, attentive and professional. Nothing is too much trouble. Free aiport shuttle, free internet in lobby with numerous widescreen pc's available for use. On-site Starbucks which can be charged to your room. Large well-stocked gift shop. Very short walk to shopping mall with 200 plus stores.
Enquired about nearby places to visit and a selection of brochures were delivered to my room for my perusal.
Excellent - would definitely recommed to friends and colleagues. Everything I look for in a hotel.

Room Tip: State your preferences, they truly aim to please!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

Stay here once and a while with business. It looks more like your average airport motel from the outside, but has been fully redecorated and is a modern and comfortable place to stay. Love the Wifi throughout the hotel, excellent beds, Starbucks in the lobby, simple but good breakfast buffet and great service from all staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

My name is Debbie from Malaysia. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I had to put up 2 days in this hotel. I had a frustrated situation but this hotel gave me comfort. I was allowed to check in at 11am instead of the stipulated time. The front desk staffs are very friendly. I was immediately given a brief info about this hotel. There's a shop near the end corner where you can purchase souvenirs or a phone card; even the shop's owner treated me like his daughter. *lol* The best part was I can access to their highspeed broadband internet for free. It's very near to the shopping mall, Richmond Shopping Centre, about 5 mins walk to the train station - Richmond-Brighouse and the drug store. The bus stop is just right in front of the hotel. Security wise was great as I came back to the hotel at midnight, walking from the train station to the hotel. There's a complimentary airport transfer from the hotel to the airport each hour. My flight was delayed and the hotel's staff immediately arranged for another transfer for me. Overall, I was treated like a princess.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank PetiteDebs
Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport on Westminster Hwy in Richmond, BC. My girlfriend and I were celebrating our birthdays...we had flown in from our respective home towns and used the complimentary shuttle that picks up and drops off at the Vancouver International Airport (YVR). We had a nice room with two queen beds. We found the hotel and rooms very clean, well laid out and the lobby/entrance area was very nice. The Hotel staff were great to deal with and most helpful..Seeing as we didn't have a vehicle we used the nearby Canada Line Subway system so we could go downtown Vancouver shopping and we also were able to walk to the Richmond Centre which was just up the road from the hotel. My only complaint was that the rooms were on the small side and not a lot of places to store your luggage, also the bathrooms were quite small, but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed just one night got to the hotel at 11:40 checked in and made a 600am wake up call that never came.Not a good start to the morning.I also called down at 12:00am to get a bath towel but it never came.Room service was good.room was nice . bed was way to soft.lobby was nice. staff was nice also.over all i was happy but they need to get the little things right.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
victoria, bc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

Just average airport hotel for us, the beds are very soft. They worked for one night but wouldn't want them every night. The shuttle was very good. We would stay again.
In today's age I always drop one star for not supplying free internet, otherwise I give this a 4 star recommendation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple